1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy way to stop Griefing

Discussion in 'PvP' started by FallingIce, Feb 5, 2019.

1. FallingIce

Dont Split exp in partys and maybe increased drop rates in party. This will at least incentivise partying and less people will grief n flag.
    Thoughts?

Edit:
    If Trash loot was given to all so if a mob dropped 10 trash, player 1 would get 10 and player 2 would get 10 and so on.

The larger the party the more you get per mob. So if you have a party of 5 you could earn like 50% more trash or something.

Also with increase drop rate of other items Per Player in Party
    Thoughts?

#1 FallingIce, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. Qbikelchen

party exp is good already, the real bottleneck is the drops in my opinion. would be amazing to finally be able to go as 5 all day and still worth in terms of drops/money. for exp just dont grind at trash tier spots like nagaz etc. if each of you has already over 150ap as it simply results in overgrinding the spot without much exp gain. only spot that would be arguable in that case is tshira ruins as you can expand your rotation fairly easy and effectively even if everyone is 200ap+.

Desibabez94 likes this.
  3. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

There is one reason I rarely group. Money. If my money is going down, I could care less about experience. It’s the reason I grind hystria and not trees. It’s the reason my 62 witch gained 20% of 62-63 in 10+ months at 62. It’s the reason my new main is a mystic for hystria grinding. It’s the reason my new main is still 61 and not 62.

Newbies chase experience. Veterans spend their active time making money. Be it money from SMH, active lifeskilling, or grinding. I play for pvp. I make money to get gear for pvp. At times I made money active lifeskilling. Now, I can make more at hystria than active lifeskilling, so I grind with my active time. If you want me to group (outside of friends/guildmates) and take an income loss, it isn’t happening.

BDO needs a better system for money made when group grinding. Most spots can’t supprt groups.

#3 LoganSilver, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Desibabez94, greN, MrMz and 4 others like this.
  4. Xairen

this game is dogshit when it comes to group play and its been brought up a lot of times.

never got into gyfins because i never made reqs. solo grinded hystria at the time being because sorc kit could be abused with low AP. now i’m doing trees here and there but before i started doing trees, the last time I seriously grouped up to grind was when they introduced pirates.

****ing pirates lmao that was late 2016

KrimsonSky likes this.
  5. Columba

. Define “griefing!”

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Griefing
    Web definitions
    A griefer is a player who tries to spoil other players enjoyment of the game without violating basic rules of the game.

Aka karma bombing, ruin peoples rotations etc. You would know if you'd actually play the game.

Desibabez94 likes this.
  7. Columba

Thanks. So since mynintent isn’t to spoil others’ enjoyment, then I am not griefing! Good to know,

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Nobody cares about your intention as long what you do is spoiling someones enjoyment of the game.

AZzalor likes this.
  9. Columba

So you now are changing your definition? Hahahahah

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

No I am not?

11. Columba

So since my intent isn’t to annoy, then I can’t be griefing! That is the inescapable conclusion of your definition.

12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

intent =/= attempting

13. Columba

“tries to spoil...”. I am not trying to spoil anyone’s experience. I am simply defending myself.

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

That's called "being delusional". You think you are not doing something while you are doing it. So you are delusional griefer.

AZzalor likes this.
  15. Columba

“Trying to spoil....” hahaha you don’t even understand your own definition! Hahahahahah dotard.

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Well if you don't understand that, then I can't help you.

AZzalor likes this.
  17. Columba

“Trying to spoil” your words, your definition. I am simply minding my own business, not interrupting anyone’s rotations. I am trying to mind my own business and simply defend myself. Spoiling nowhere in there. You need to learn the meaning of your own words.

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

spoil
    /spɔɪl/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: spoiling
    1. 1.
      diminish or destroy the value or quality of.
      "I wouldn't want to spoil your fun"
    Looks like you should learn some terms. Only because you think you do not spoil someones fun, it doesn't mean you are not doing it. It is subjectively perceived.

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Potestas

Not sure if this was a created as duplicate conversation.

Here are my 5 cents.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi all.
    Let me set a different approach.
    The solution is quite simple instead of killing or being killed we need just a little tweak in how drops and experience are managed now.

So why not add a more experience as you get more players in your party.

Currently, you get 100% when farming alone and your net experience will decrease as many people in your party. So let's set 100% base exp for everyone in the party with a plus 2% (can be more if developers like) per player in the party.

People will be happy to get more people in the same farming spot... love your fellow adventurer and grow together. Share happiness.

Desibabez94 likes this.
  20. Columba

Yep, I am not trying to do any of these things. Case closed. Your definition says TRYING. I am TRYING to defend myself,