1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enchantment Hacking

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by farsay, Jun 18, 2018.

1. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

i have noticed the last few days an increase in Pent enchant that is above the normal rate of success in game, this will only do one thing, and that is demoralize people who want to play the game as intended and it also trivializes the success of players who got there using the legitimate way, Kakao better investigate the accounts who got Pent in the last few days, i mean seriously, how can you let a good game like this fall to cheaters and exploiters, i will not name names, or anything else, but now you know about this, please investigate this urgent matter. thank you.

Mr_Mumfi1.1, Janus and Tvvin like this.
  2. Janus

damn, if there are hackers our there who can influence the enhance success: Please PM me and explain how in the hell the damned system works in the first place (not the hacking but the bdo enhance system). Are the years old datamined tables with cap for PEN at 124fs still valid? What is max enhance chance? Are there any tinfoil / "outside factors" influencing enhances (maybe a "max numbers of PEN items allowed at same time", horoscope, good/bad channels etc)? etc etc

P.S. oh, and I do not condone any type of hacking, of course

0ppa, VerboMiau, choovanski and 3 others like this.
  3. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

I personally know groups of friends who have had their entire group banned except for 1 person. The friends all had one or two pens. The guy who wasn't banned has 6 pens, 1 of them an accessory. He would say he's broke one week and then be preordering tungrad earrings the next while complaining about never having enough time to play. I have no doubt there are still plenty of hackers out there but I'm not sure there's much we can do to help influence the search.

Sizer likes this.
  4. iller

I seriously doubt they're able to influence the RNG directly.
    More likely, they just have way more resources to Attempt PENs on

Mal'Ganis and Pkmdz like this.
  5. Cyber_Day

The old table was based on enchant rates for green numbers. Several of the tables specifically mention this. I would think that PEN on "hard" tier enchants should be around 5% at max (128ish) stacks. Although theres nothing to back this up aside from watching 10+ people enchant for pen and judging it roughly based on that number so take it for what you will. Theres no evidence that there is any "hacking" for lack of a better word going on for enchanting, theres just a load of enchanting mats on the market right now. I've even tapped my 129+ stacks a few times lately.

Pkmdz likes this.
  6. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

RNG takes RNG gives. Prise the RNG.

The enchantment system is a bait. Dont trust it.

lRNGesusl and Arzurag like this.
  7. Janus

Well, I am at 30+ PEN fails myself - starting at 110-120fs usually. So, yes, I would also think that boss gear has 5% or less max chance.

Hackers having more resources to try more often is the most likely explanation.
    Hacking the enhancement process directly sounds unlikely, but who knows.
    Tinfoil alternative: There is really only a certain number of PENs allowed by the system. If a number of accounts have been perma-banned (1200 in last 2 weeks?) or people ragequit, maybe that created space for new PENs.

But I don't want to distract from the opening post. Would be great if the GMs or devs could pay close attention to what is going on with enhancements lately.

8. Ricardo

Ricardo Mystic 61 EU

The reason you see more PEN’s is because people are leaving the game and want to go out with a bang

crawlord likes this.
  9. Sawaruna

There is a 3rd party program that messes eith enchanted rate specifically the failstacks.
    It will never be fixed because na/Eu servers wana be special and remove valks cry(a cash item that gives failstack)
    They end up creating an exploitable version by removing valks cry and not cleaning up the code properly.
    I know the specific program to do it, people using it and the sekret discord, it has been there for a long time till some kind hacker release it more openly.

10. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Yeah that alternative is utterly stupid. I can't believe if people actually believe that BS like come on. (Not saying you believe it).

What a previous poster said though is true. Most likely you're seeing more successes because this game is dying and so more and more people are quitting. I'm sure you all have noticed the population at least in NA substantially decrease. Less population means a bigger resource pool. There are more enhancement materials readily available for people on the marketplace so people are able to make more attempts. Memory fragments still are a pain though.

Enchant rate of fail stacks? Do you mean the rate of success on the fail-stacks?

11. Asato

They might have a method to alter the threshhold.

Let's say RNG in range of 100, with 95 being threshhold. It needs to be above 95 to succeed so out of 100 possible outcomes, only 5 are that meet the condition (96,97,98,99,100). So it's 5/100 => 5% chances to succeed your enhancement.

Now if we lower the threshhold... it increases the chances. If the threshhold is now 70, well it's gonna be 30%.
    Anyway, RNG being RNG, it can still fail !

And I don't know if it's possible to alter the threshhold like that or if the RNG is server based or character based etc. There are a lot of factors.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  12. TRPX

can you post a live stream of it to prove it was enchant hacking?

13. Sawaruna

No it’s a program that gives failstacks, it alters the number of failstack one have.In other servers valks cry give a separate failstack and maximum of 10. While in na/Eu, re using the old valks cry packet gives an actual +1 normal failstack, essentially the hacker can adjust their failstack to any number to their liking, of course failstacks have a softcap so you can still fail stuffs but it gives a massive advantage.

Source myself a participant of the discord, saw them discussing not to use any failstacks higher than djules Incase of ban, 200 failstacks seem to be a good number for everything and amazingly still fail so well for tet ogre attempts.Some guy with tons of ogre ring did a math and apparently it’s a close 50% chance for tet ogre at 200fs

farsay, Redarion and KotoRena like this.
  14. Mimimimi

i wish i could say that i haven't read something more bs than this thread today .. but then there was the guy explaining the current hack situation in bdo today XDDD

Saccharin likes this.
  15. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Is there no hack that can determine whether you gonna succeed or fail before enchanting animations finished? Like the fishing bot where you already know what you gonna catch the second you casted, and would recast right away if its crap.

16. Daddy_Please

From what i understand with korean mmo's and enhancing items, when u hit that enhance button and it succeeds its not the same item as before so the system takes ur pri dande with a code of 0111133 and gives u new duo dande with a code of 0111144 so it is nearly impossible to hack enhancing without the game engine immediately detecting it and getting yourself insta banned.

17. Asato

As you can skip animation and how it goes the moment you click. I'd say there's a RNG on your char or server / client.

Anyway guys, go inform yourselves about RNG (https://www.google.ch/search?q=rand...i57j69i60j0.2174j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

18. Asato

I don't see any relation here to enhancing. What you describe is replacing an object with another. Maybe even a subclass.

If they can lower the threshhold (thus increasing the chances), it makes the enhancement a success and you'll get the item exchange just like youv'e described it. This means the enhancement would have been altered/hacked anyway.

Anyway, I don't know if a such thing is possible.

19. Eardwynn

1.png

This guy?

20. LightningFFXIII-4

They probably are using the "Item Duping" Method, where they can trick the game into duplicating their specific item. It's supposed to be rampant on all Korean MMO's.

Pretty much just assume all Siege guild members are using this hack and avoid any form of PVP against them since it's pointless since they prob have 575 GS from all the hacks and payouts.

Dead game lol.

lRNGesusl likes this.