1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End game grind feels depressing! How can we make it better?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Astro945, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Khondo

Below contains most of my "end game". But it really does not make a difference what my goals are for BDO. They are my goals.

upload_2020-7-28_11-29-5.png

2. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

It just proves how boring the game is. Multi tasking bah!

KhaosThanathan and Findubar like this.
  3. Findubar

And not only that, it proves how much of a job this game actually is.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  4. Marshallx

God forbid the thought of listening to self improvement books on Audible while playing .... ssshhhttttt!!!!

Perhaps and perhaps not; unlike a lot of people I dont tell people "how" I think. At least your Ego will have satisfaction when you don full PEN.

#44 Marshallx, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2020
  5. Findubar

Donning the PEN for the E-PEN. HUE HUE HUE! Jk, going full pen in this game does not reflect well on you.

6. Allan1985

reality is often disappointing

7. Keophiroun

Try grinding without using any scrolls, it make the game relaxing because you don't have any timer counting down on you. You get less loots but it doesn't really matter in the end game, no need to rush to the top.

8. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

I also did that took a few days off getting 8k knowledge and it was fun! After long endless grind hours man that was a awesome brake
    Next up last map part then perm pot and event comes in for drop rate

Rubyvulpa likes this.
  9. LightningFFXIII-4

BDO's endgame involves you quitting and uninstalling the game and throwing away the password to your account lol.

Something most of us can't do.

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Except this forum has plenty of astrosurfers who think the current playerbase must pay for the retired players bad spending habits / gaming incompetence.

11. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

EZ, just don't grind. I didn't grind for like 2 years :D :D :D

MoonDance17 and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  12. LightningFFXIII-4

Do what this guy did. lol. It's easier if you have a bunch of TRI but as you get more TET and some PEN's it gets to almost impossible to quit and you just keep running along hoping it gets better but it doesnt lol.

13. Vanraven

They need to focus more on group spots and make them good. The gyphins temple rework was weak, they could of done a better job. The thing about KR grinders they are really only fun when you are grinding with buddies while talking over voice com. Other than that the activity of grinding itself its very repetitive. For whatever reason, PA prefers its player base to do the most repetitive thing in the world solo. No idea why.

14. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

This lady honestly doesn't deserve this, but I hate her and want her to hecc off.

As for OP, honestly, play a private server is my only suggestion for you at this point. If you don't want to deal with the headache of not progressing for months while people like the lady above just casually pulls a string of extreme rng carry out of her ass out of nowhere, then it's really the only alternative. It's almost unreal. I've sat down on global labs and failed pens for an hour straight with a 200 failstack, yet she casually gets what, 6 pens within a week, all on chances that are either less than 11% or even less than 5%? But 139 pen attempts, huh?

Fearless V likes this.
  15. Astro945

awe lol, but wouldn't incentivising more PvP to gain profits maybe push some people to spend more in the cash shop for their upgrades?

Seems like a win win for the company and us who want to PvP while not also feeling like were falling behind on our gains.

Well... if I'm honest with you, my RNG hasn't even been that bad... Some people would probably consider my luck very RNG carried. And while I am very grateful for having pretty decent luck, that experience is only fun for so long then its back to the same old circle running xD It'd be great if the midst of the grind just felt more impactful.

I found shadow arena more stimulating than PvE in BDO, but to play it with out any incentive for long term gains in BDO isn't something I'm interested in doing. This concept is hard for you to understand? It was the lesser of the two evils, I don't know how else to put it...

I guess end game BDO PvE is just...in my opinion... that bad? I don't have the perfect solution on hand, but I know I enjoyed shadow arena when it was apart of BDO so I'd settle with BDO bringing back a game mode that made me gains while being a decent amount of fun.

#55 Astro945, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2020
  16. Marshallx

Just read an article about an elderly female that raised three children all turning out very successful. She said she feels Americans are unhappy because of their never ending pursuit of money and possessions...... She says teaching children to care about the community, and serve others leads to happiness .,........... Are you sure its just the grinding???

17. Vortexii

The issue you are referring to is completely different. All of @Astro945 's points where exactly correct. The end game content simply was't designed to be played or enjoyable. It was specifically designed for consumers to dump money into it like a slot machine. That may be good for short term gotcha profits, but it's terrible for the life span of the game.

18. Allan1985

at this point i belive we all know that streamers accounts have boosted enhancement chances, its a very old marketing practice to make something look easy so people would blow all their gear and resort to paying to try to go back to pre-****ed up state.

19. Vortexii

Why look for such a complex solution when most answers are quite simple. The data just sounds fishy. While you could EASILY just edit out all the failures and make it look easy, the cost of those items is suspicious. Also keep in mind they are creating some items that almost don't exist on normal servers ;)

A simple answer like using a private server and falsely representing it would be easy for spliced clips. Or they use donations to simply wait what? Pay2Win those items? BDO isn't Pay2win though....... we know it can't be that ;)

Allan1985 likes this.
  20. Drakkaelus

Funny/sad in what way? I'm not opposed to the concept of grinding but there are ways to go about it that help lessen the tedium. Whether it's making the PvE encounters themselves challenging, having events or missions that can mix things up or some type of procedural generation so that you're not sitting in one spot for extended periods of time.

What's sad about that? Or were you just making a smart-ass comment?

#60 Drakkaelus, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020