1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End game grind feels depressing! How can we make it better?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Astro945, Jul 27, 2020.

1. LightningFFXIII-4

I left GW2 on Dec 2016. And Relearning everything from scratch is just too much when i can just keep playing BDO. It's also the same reason i couldnt come back to FFXI.

BDO is surprisingly simple stupid to play. FFXIV is pretty simple too. GW2/FFXI is not.

Not to mention GW2's graphics are severely inferior compared to BDO and FFXIV. That's why GW2 went from the 3rd Best MMO all the way down to #11th.

I would rather try Blue Protocol or PSO 2 New Genesis when it comes to PC. Till then, its BDO + FFXIV for me.

Username31072002 likes this.
  2. Findubar

A game that plays itself is not a game i'll ever be interested in playing. What bdo needs is a rework of the stupid rng progression and progression in general. Grinding is not necessarily bad as a concept.

3. Truthonly

What BDO needs is to reward the players for playing it, for investing time and money in it, and not the opposite by downgrading hard and expensive to get gear and materials with stupid rng. PA show some respect and gratitude.

4. Lastserenaded

GW2 graphics still better than ffxiv just put you shove some reshade doesn't make it better, not better by a mile... might aswell say WoW has better graphics than FFXIV too then again can't really take you serious with your name.

5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The mobile version found a good balance between auto and manual. You still need to grind to progress just like here, but you don't have to actually be present or even have your device on to go about that tedious and time-consuming task.

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

They didn't want meaningful PvE, they wanted simple PvE, and the looming threat of other players coming to kill you was always meant to be the challenge. However, that good combat, while it looks good and works well while killing monsters, is broken as hell when you PvP and it's a huge put off to participate in it.

Username31072002 and Allan1985 like this.
  7. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

I can't understand people who can grind 10 hours or more a day every single day for 4 years, after 1 hour i can't stand the boredom and feel sleepy. But it's kind of weird i have no problems grinding in other mmorpgs, maybe it's just me and bdo burnout.

8. Astro945

Maybe BDO could add some sort of recovery system that could be used on a single item once a month by following a quest of some sort? Or just something that softens the blow for people who are incredibly unlucky with RNG.

Agreed, the way the game is designed really does have the potential to spit in the face of some of its player base and that really does suck. Its kind of surprising there does not seem to be any Psudeo RNG elements to protect terribly unlucky players.

If BDO can find a way to make failure not feel like I'm at a complete loss because I have to go back to grinding when I didn't even initially really want to grind in the first place, then thats a win in my book. How ever they want to try and approach this dilemma is cool with me.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  9. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Or you can play games that don't punish you for playing. Expecting BDO to change at this point is just stupid. The whole business model of BDO is made to punish some players while giving others a free pass.

Grinding your arse off for 3 to 5 hours a day for a few weeks just to blow up that work then repeat the process over and over again just to see someone else in your guild get easymode progression than on top of that go from winning duels against that person to just getting EZ-clapped because of the difference in RNG between you two. Nothing triggered me more in my life than having to experience that bullshiet. And that's coming from someone who served in Afghanistan.

At last the struggle between me and BDO came to a close this year and BDO won. Now I play other games that reward me for my efforts. While my BDO may see me log 2 to 4 hours per a month if it's lucky. Even the experience with my 11 years with Eve Online was lightyears better. Never seen a MMO that spit in my face more than BDO.

Just thinking back a my RNG vs others around me in BDO makes me cringe.

All BDO is good for in my eyes these days is to take screenshots of the characters I've made.

Just my two cents.

Souda and KhaosThanathan like this.
  10. LightningFFXIII-4

Get your eyes checked lol, FFXIV's graphics at max settings and GShade defeats BDO and GW2 with reshade on. And in a game where every FPS counts, why would you use Reshade with BDO anyways lol.

Not to mention the Modding community in FFXIV far outweighs anything BDO and GW2 can offer.

FFXIV > BDO > GW2. GW2 had it's chance, but it doesn't make any money with a trash cashshop and no subscription.

Also GW2 used to be ranked 4th on this website back in 2016, guess what rank it is now...

upload_2020-7-30_4-16-35.png

11. Menor

Its called not paying attention to the game. I did same while lifeskilling. 100% focused on radio dramas while just auto-piloted the farm.

Kynreaa and KhaosThanathan like this.
  12. MADE

By start swiping that credit card hard.

Fearless V and Hezekiel like this.
  13. LightningFFXIII-4

BDO doesn't really have an end game.

GW2 Endgame - Defeat Zhaitan (predictable AI controlled)

FFXIV Endgame - Defeat Bahamut (predictable AI controlled)

WoW Endgame - Defeat Mythic Argus (predictable AI controlled)

FFXI Endgame - Defeat Kei (predictable AI controlled)

BDO Endgame - Defeat 700 GS Payout Carried, No Lifing, Exploit using, Credit Card Swiping Siege Guild members.

14. BDOMONSTER

It's the failure of the system via design. You will reach a point where the progression comes to a halt. 9 months until your next level up for an additional 28hp, 36 billion for your next item upgrade which is 3 more ap. Its not even the grinding its the reward to get after all the grinding is trivial.

Souda, Findubar, Fateneko and 2 others like this.
  15. Vortexii

It's going to get a lot worse then that. After that level it's 2.5 years for a level. You can remove the 1.7 Trillion cost (because Character Bound gear may prevent the market). And just replace it with 1,700 - 34,000 Hours to upgrade equipment. A nice healthy RNG range. And even if you achieve it, you will find yourself on dead servers with no one else to compete against ;)

Then I pointed my fingers back at the community and asked, what harm could the cash shop possibly have on the game? Just don't buy it, it surely won't affect YOU!

Souda likes this.
  16. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

You don't start, you stop. Stop playing altogether if there is so much wrong with the game.

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I haven't played this game in nearly a year now. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it become better so maybe someday I'd enjoy coming back and playing it again.

18. Prowly

Bruh why did you go ahead and make it burned yellow text, just bold it .______.

19. Khondo

It's funny how the majority of people who have bad things to say on this forum, don't play the game any more. Maybe the rest of us are just enjoying our playstyle in BDO and continue to know how to have fun?

20. Hezekiel

Hezekiel Archer 61

Its funny how you reply and engange with all those bad people who have critique for the game, wether they play or not. Maybe the rest of us are just enjoying a discussion?

Souda, flukeSG2 and MoonDance17 like this.