1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[English] Shieldmaidens - An LGBT friendly, casual PvX clan/guild aimed at newer players!

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Perthro, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Perthro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my post for my newly-founded Clan/Guild, Shieldmaidens - we are a guild for Black Desert Online aiming to create a friendly space for people to enjoy the game in. I'm creating this guild as a place for people to get away from the very highly-strung, rather hardcore and unforgiving playerbase of the game, to have a place where they can relax, play, make friends, and enjoy themselves and the game to the fullest extent. We do have a few rules, although they are pretty simple;

No Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, or Bigoted Speech. This is a place for people to relax and be themselves. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Respect your fellow guildmembers.
    Expanding on the above, if you choose to join the guild, you will have to play with people from all walks of life and who have had differing experiences that have shaped their worldview. Political debate is not prohibited, nor is the discussion of controversial topics - just remember you are talking to real people and insulting and belittling them is not okay.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.
    If you have any queries, whether regarding an ingame topic or a conversation taking place in Discord, please ask. If you are able to answer a question, please do, and encourage such questions to be asked! We are here to strengthen our bond and grow together, as well as try to enjoy the game to its fullest potential.

If you are interested, please send me an ingame message (Aeshli Woodsborn - Woodsborn is my family name) or come join the discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/GqMmQG6

I look forward to playing with you soon!

2. Ophelia_Immortal

Hi! I am very interested in joining but the discord link doesn't work and I can't seem to add you ingame. Is the guild still going?

3. kapy94

kapy94 DuCouteaus DarkKnight 61 EU

LGBT friendly? You realize this is a game and nobody cares about who you have sex with? My guild is with ~100 ppl. They consider me as a girl and actually dont mind me talking about my girl crush... Or you mean the name calling in blue/orange chat, which is literally ppl trolling ? t.t

*sigh* getting too worked up on such silly things... i need a break from online communities.

4. Salvie Vesuva

@kapy94 - a lot of guildies do mind how you choose to communicate in the guild chats (and maybe even on this forum) + your over-all behaviour towards others, in situations and when repsonding to topics. You have yet again chosen to shown this awful behaviour right here in this thread. I think ppl need a break from you, in/on online communities, as well.

I understand very well the need for having such a guild in an MMO. I wish you all the best + good luck with your new guild, @Perthro <3
    And sorry for budding in on your recruitment thread, but I felt it needed to be said.

5. kapy94

You are right ! I am a horrible creature for speaking my mind and deserve the whole world to leave me in solidarity so I can die alone and helpless! Great comment right there ^.^

ps if u plan to do bold claims at least share your ing or you plan to do drama from the shadows!?!

#5 kapy94, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  6. Peisinoe

Solidarity is not the word you were looking for, as that means working together in unity with a group - not something you are advocating. You seem to have a need to insult and belittle people, but then like to run and cry victim and whine that everyone hates you. It's a curious behaviour and not one which is very becoming. Perhaps if you worked on how you interact with others and act like a less spiteful, hateful creature you would find yourself feeling less rejected and alone.

Best wishes for the guild @Perthro <3

Salvie Vesuva and Sidina like this.
  7. Fesquera

I just randomly came across this thread and I will give a free high five to anyone who can point out the irony in someone telling another poster to work on how to interact with people while in the same sentence calling said person a "spiteful, hateful creature".

On a more serious note, I think what @kapy94 is trying to say here is that people should be respected in any guild environment and shouldn't need a specific guild to cater to them just so they can be themselves. I've had several LGBT people in my guild in the past and they've been just fine. I don't think her saying that a guild with this mindset shouldn't need to be necessary is something hateful, so I find it rather unfair that a bunch of people are jumping on this without even being directly involved.

To the original poster, I hope your guild is a great succes, but I'm saddened by the idea that such a community is necessary in the current state of gaming culture. "

This should not be something that needs to be explicitely stated.

These are just my two cents, I don't mean to insult or be negative towards anyone, just wanted to drop in and give my opinion.

kapy94 likes this.
  8. ManlyBeard

Grill ?? Grill!!!

Did i do it right?

9. kapy94

My new best friend <3

Fesquera likes this.
  10. VelsBells

I haven’t played this game in 2 years. I have now been logged in maybe 2 hours and have seen people being called f*g and other homophobic remarks in the public chat. So yes, it is still very much needed...