1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhancement chances are way too LOW

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mana_Mafia

If upgrading gear past PRI is impossible then why is all my gear TRI and TET?

Crimson_Scarlet and Luxea like this.
  2. Blitzball

Cuz you are in the 1% of lucky dudes. 99% of the playerbase have PRI broken gear sitting in the storage, and play with some cheap PRI green gear like Agerian set

3. shidoxen

Might be an over stretch. All TET and TRI accessories is very doable with time investment without p2w. (Crons/artisans)
    Can be annoying and cost you a ton, but its doable.

PEN gear and TET accessories are something else. Either you are lucky and get them... or you dont and likely wont anytime soon. You really want to have backup at this point if you can stand the process of doing that or risk losing all your hard work.

As someone who has failed 33 PENs without artisans or crons and about 10 gold accessories so far... can tell you from my experience, saving and buying them is going to be much cheaper unless you are a lucky sob and get lucky gambling. Lots do, many dont. Maybe try a few to test your rng... if its not working out... it prob wont anytime soon. O/

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  4. Blitzball

One TRI Ogre attempt cost me 1 billion silvers. And i make the same amount of silvers per month. The game doesn't allow me to progress , thanks to this very nice idea (destroying accessories for each fail) some dumb developers got.. D:<

5. shidoxen

What do you do for silver?

6. Mana_Mafia

But why would you ever attempt TRI ogre when you have PRI gear? LOL.

I'm not in the 1%, dude. I'm not lucky either. Most of my gear has been preordered after a lot of time grinding and lifeskilling. I think I'd be lucky to be counted among the top 15% of active players.

Give me another 10 months and I'll definitely be pushing for top 5%. You can too if you make a plan and put forward the necessary effort.

Where are you getting your stats from?

#66 Mana_Mafia, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  7. shidoxen

If it makes you feel better I just hit a 145fs using green gear. Lolol

8. 2Cents

I'm going to try to give you feedback that will help, but I'm not providing anything after this post regardless of the response. These things may not be pleasant, but they are the reality.

You are clearly making things a lot tougher than they need to be. The ogre ring is one of the worst upgrades in the game. If you don't have a high budget using Seraph is a reasonable solution. You may not be able to compete in sieges/pvp, but that is to be expected in many games today.

Your viewpoint does not appear to include everyone. If obtaining these items was simple, the hardcore players would have nothing to drive them. Trying to PEN a TET item in your case is just a poor decision. You wasted a TON of resources on a 2% chance to get a relatively small boost in your case. Given your stated status you should never try any PEN.

You should probably focus on getting TET gear and applying Caprha's to it so you can progress slowly over the months/years if you continue. Stop competing and just enjoy your time in the game.

LoganSilver and Mana_Mafia like this.
  9. Mana_Mafia

Sound advice.

10. Blitzball

But dude , i want to compete. I want to do siege. That's the ultimate end-game content of this game : SIEGES

But i can't cuz i'm not lucky enough. You NEED Pen gear to go in a castle owner guild. That's why i absolutly want to have PEN gear , even if it's green or blue gear.
    No PEN , no siege. We're in 2k18.

A TRI Ogre ring isn't enough anymore , as i said. TET Ogre is required to be in a siege guild , except if you play Witchard or Valk. To get a TET Ogre , i need a TRI to get an attempt. That's why i'm trying every month. But i waist so much time just for one item. And i'm sure i'm not the only one with this mindset ! :D

11. 2Cents

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna,
    Then do these steps to succeed
    I don't wanna!

Problem identified
    #case.closed

Itago, JM, LoganSilver and 1 other person like this.
  12. Mana_Mafia

Don't believe this just because other people told you that it's true. Black Desert has no end game. It is whatever you make of it from start to finish, and what you're making it is a chore.

It's not that you aren't lucky enough. It's that you're not intelligent enough to make rationalized decisions. Trying to PEN green gear before you have even basic equipment set up, Y I K E S.

This is false.

You seem obsessed with the concept of sieges (they aren't actually very fun) when it sounds like you've never even participated in a Node War. Why do you feel entitled to skip what everybody else progressed through?

You're wasting a lot of time, that much is sure.

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  13. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

BDO is about long term progression. Many newer players complain about enhances. But they also don’t take the time and effort to make money to enhance.

I hit pen on my dande and tet in my basi belt (purchased basi) on the same day. On that day, I was RNG carried. But I also spent a good 25-30 billion silver the 6 months previous to that with zero upgrades. Why? Pen boss gear and tet accessories are not meant to be easy.

People complaining about getting to 500 GS or softcap (540-550ish GS based on build) are mostly those who don’t put in the effort. Softcap, even at preorder prices is very possible in a year of effort. Now if you don’t put the effort to make passive and afk income, or you don’t grind your heart out everyday because you hate lifeskilling, softcap will Be unreachable.

2cents makes a good point about the OP’s decision to go for PeN to early. You don’t attempt pen before softcap. You don’t attempt pen with too low a stack. Newbies should not be going for pen, and pen should be on boss gear or top tier accessories only.

Finally, the OP wants to join a siege guild. Many siege guilds have sub softcap requirements. A few recruit at or above softcap, but you can get into most with less. Keep in mind that not all siege or castle owning guilds are Snake, Vertex, BlackRose or one of the few that recruit at or above softcap.

Enhancingnin BDO is a pain. Optimally, the system would have not been RNG and would have required costs closer to current preorder prices to make. But he game has been out this way for 2+ years. I don’t think changing things now makes sense. The good news is as money becomes easier to make (trend in BDO), gearing out will become easier too.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  14. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

I don't know where your getting the idea that pen gear is needed for sieges that has never been the case , unless your trying to join the NA equivalent of vertex/snake/BR and cho then maybe tet accessories or a pen weapon yeah, but if your trying to join a guild that goes after serendia or balenos territory then your looking around the 520 gs range with exception for classes being the witchards.

Currently my guild is sieging/noding with those of us around 550+ gs numbering around 4-5 ish but majority are around 515-20 gs mark and not even full numbers.

Not to mention currently sitting on these territories calp/bal/ser are guilds who are only asking for 520+ gs some are less due to alliances.

I dont know the current requirements for EU but i can assure you that at least in NA if you have 520 gs and are willing to push further most of the lower tier siege guilds would gladly take you in.

this is also a comparison

2017-09-12_185616824.jpg lel.jpg my gear from a year ago ( before that I was rocking grunils and duo accesories)

2018-09-18_1007869344.jpg current gear after blowing up tens of billions of silver

failing multiple tri attempts and just want to uninstall after blowing up multiple duos for that chance at tri, let alone that on tet attempts.

As for the siege scene its not as fun as you think especially when you run into vertex in randoms nodes or get zerged by barcode and snake in a siege and get destroyed in 15 mins.

And no i dont seamonster hunt ive tried it but its boring , I just grind and make crates using mats from my worker empire established over several months.

If your not enjoying your self then you shouldnt be playing anymore take a break and chill then come back or you'll just burn out .

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  15. Vanadiel

So all you have is PRI and all you can think about is TET gear.
    How about you DUO all your gear (and yes, it does not downgrade until you are at DUO, so it's perfectly possible).
    At least you are much closer than you are today complaining about gear upgrades.

16. 6footgeeks

My personal problem is that they are CAPPED at insanely low rates. They should never be capped, least they should do in my own personal opinion is to make it 1% per FS after 'failstack softcap'

17. Claydough

I actually agree with this

I think past a certain fs number, chances should drematically increase

So for example, 130 stacks for tet attempts you should jump upto somthing like 50%+

And pen maybe 250 stacks for like 20%??

Obviously, this wouldnt work for accessories, maybe we would need a seperate accessory fs counter and properly classified accessories (like seraps and sicils being blue grade and not equal to ogres)

Honestly, thats my only gripe with enhancing, with the extream fail streaks despite any use of fail stacks
    I guess the trick is not to set this bar too low or set it so high its usless

18. CM Servantes

Community Manager

RNG is RNG and sometimes it can be really tricky, but the success rates haven't been reduced.

Regards.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. Factorial

reasonable would be not to downgrade or blow up your accessories when attempting an enhance. reasonable would be that if you fail your enhancement, the item remains at the same level. durability increase is acceptable.

likewise, for accessories, don't blow up both accessories. the accessory with the higher level can remain, with the lower level one melting. again, durability decrease is acceptable.

the taking one step forward only to take 10 steps backward effect of bdo enhancement system is idiotic.

you shouldn't be punished for trying to improve your gear. yeah, i get it. the chance to upgrade being very low and eventually takes a long time isn't a bad mechanic. i don't expect to get soft cap gear within a month. that i can deal with easy. however, it's horrendous to attempt to improve then lose months of farming/invested time. that's stupid.

years from now, we will look back at the bdo enhancement system and ask ourselves why people were so stupid as to put up with it.

pearl abyss said that na/eu is least likely to enhance...oh gee, i wonder why

20. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Thanks. I will keep at it.

CM Servantes likes this.