1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhancement system is trash

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Extrabone, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukishiro1

I failed DUO 9 times in a row on one of my attempts to get back to TRI in the course of using the 67 sharps I mentioned in the last page just to get my dande back to TRI after failing a single tet attempt. 12 is certainly possible. Eyeballing it it's probably about a 1 in 1000 chance, so it's probably happened thousands of times already in the game's history.

charley222 likes this.
  2. Pkmdz

Have failed duo 20 times in a row on boss armor/weapons many occasions, and then when the time for a tri attempt finally comes it fails and I will fail duo 10 more times. Not joking .

Blackhearted and charley222 like this.
  3. Haurion

Have wasted more than 3 billions in FAILING enchant of DUO yellow accessories, i NEVER succed a single duo accessories : crescent, basilik belt, Layteen, Tungrade earrings.

So pls stop with your "i'm 100% sure it'll work", no it won't because RNG in BDO is RNG, you can try 100 times with 25fs, 50% won't become 52% for the second fail. No, it stays at 50% except that you lost several millions between each try and ofc, for some people (like me) it reach 3 billions now. My guild even has a dedicated discord channel for people posting their enchanting fail and success.
    Now i'm pretty sure RNG is rigged and every account has a hidden RNG in BDO (like in gw2 for looting, when you're afk a long time from the game, you have a hidden boost in RNG for looting, it has been proved and admited).

lRNGesusl, charley222 and Pkmdz like this.
  4. aswedishtiger

I'm over here wondering if I'm the only person that insta blocked catastigma because they are in fact the village idiot

Picked that up real fast

"He who argues with a fool soon becomes a fool himself"

Findubar, lRNGesusl and charley222 like this.
  5. charley222

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i really hope you arent using 25 for duo yellow acc :D

7. Mrosa

Just because something that has been here from day 1 doesn't mean it can't be improved upon.

Blackhearted and lRNGesusl like this.
  8. Wet Cake

Then post about how it can be improved instead of just bitching.

Life Aries likes this.
  9. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

So just to chime in with my couple cents of input.

I decided to play Vindictus as a break from BDO for a bit (since bless didnt pan out), just kind of looking for something I hadn't really played before to kill some time. So I was actually really enjoying myself there. Combat was fun, skills were neat, bosses were kinda cool, characters were pretty. You know...stuff I like.

So I reach endgame and finally experience the true pains of enhancing and gambling and min maxing in vindictus, and I gotta say...my eyes have been opened to how utterly tame BDO is in comparison. TO CLARIFY: This is not a justification for bad progression.

Vindictus is simply brutal in its progression and rng and min maxing that I can't even begin to even remotely want to keep playing it as a result. Additionally it has made me want to return to BDO even more.

In Vindictus, +1-4 can fail but it doesn't really do anything except make you try again. +5-8 has a chance to downgrade and snag durability (and durability repair is hugely p2w. BDO artisans aint got **** on this thing). +8-20 (yes from +8 to +20) failure guarantees item destruction. p2w elements only reach to +12 technically on rare event items that prevent destruction. Then there's enchanting that's also RNG and can destroy an item (but gives bonus stats). Then there's power infusion that has a high chance to get negative minor stats but rarely a good one (money sink). Then there's mysterious stones, which require a maxed out weapon to even remotely approach but this is ridiculous because you basically have to get all maxed out components (which there are 5 on one item and one resets enhancement level) not to mention drop rates and orange vs purple gear.

basically, RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG half of which will destroy your item and leave you gimped and feeling depressed, not to mention all the money on top of that. Not to mention the level cap gets raised and that gear becomes obsolete after 6 months, only to spend another 6 months reaching that point to have it all undone again.

So TL;DR:
    BDO is a gambling game on enhancement. It's bad. However looking back I think I'd rather have this system with failstacking than the systems I just experienced in vindictus.

DUO-PEN chance of downgrade and dura loss, yes, it sucks...but at least our weapons and armor wont literally be destroyed.

Yes this was half a rant about my wasted time in Vindictus and how bad of a decision that was (lol), but my point is this:
    Maybe enhancement in BDO isn't as bad as we think. It SHOULD be better, it SHOULD be improved, but at least it isn't Vindictus :P.

10. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

game is pay2win tho.

11. Sizer

lol ?!?!?!? AION hardcore pvp ?
    dude, calm down.
    aion pvp was nothing hardcore, abyss untill you crash lag or disconect or dredgion arena, couln'd do abyss siege because , crash or you didnt see anyone because the game made people invisible.
    aion pvp was bad, aion was all about dungeon grinding, aka korean wow.

Amerrante likes this.
  12. Asato

Just because you played the game that way doesn't make it true. You like PvE, I got it man.

I've spent countless hours doing PvP and I earned my gears in PvP. Just don't start with something you know nothing about, aka PvP. Please don't make me laugh. In terms of PvP experiences; nothing comes close to it (Okay maybe GW2). I have yet to experience the same feelings as I've had on Aion. And tbh, I'm even considering to going back on a private server; the official, I'm holding back because of Gameforge, not fund of them.

Just don't talk non-sense about something you know nothing. From what I'm quoting, your experience was limited to the lags you had; the few dredgions you did and your PC or your skill preventing you from doing Abyss sieges. Shift+12, you can still see your enemies names, class, level, hp bar etc; you just don't see the characters or their animations (until you have targetted them); and that doesn't matter in a mass PvP. The RvR was designed for more than 200vs200 or 300vs300; and seeing how compact the area fights were, you would be asking for the same feature on BDO; ffs it's already so annoying on bosses in BDO, the tons of pets (combat pets) just so big and you don't know why they're shown and the shift+F5... it makes you disappear everyone; BDO HAS TRUE INVISIBILITY and you get bodyblocked sometimes by things or people you CANT SEE. How is that better?

Is that how you rate PvP ? Because you grinded dungeons, doesn't make the game bad in PvP; it makes you bad.
    And if you compare Aion's OWPvP.... BDO is a complete joke next to Aion's.

And Abyss, that **** was so innovative. Sure Air Combat sucked for melee classes but it was still manageable; and you could be in Abyss 24/24h; and you could already have nice small sized PvP fights next to TP's.

Anyway, you're just a pathetic noob who's arguments are "lag", "I wasnt able to enjoy RvR"; I'm pretty sure at this point that you were getting farmed there and you weren't able to hide behind your gear :)
    It makes sense you wouldn't like Aion's PvP when you sucked at it.

13. MGTOWinBDO

I dont gamble on any videogames.
    I only gamble with the blockchain from 2009.

Right now I won that lottery.
    I play bdo, ffxi, tos, and many other mmos like diablo III

Life is maitinace mode but i learned one thing.
    NEVER GAMBLE IN A VIDEOGAME UNLESS IS CAN GIVE YOU A ****ING STUFF ANIMAL for your TIME.

You know something physical.
    If you gamble for -metaphysical worthless centralized- out ofyour control ****.
    you'z a id-ji-iot.

14. Rayin

The comparison doesn't fit, because the only thing the enhancement of your weapon/armor affects your gameplay is that you're not going to be 1th in damage, recently they added a mechanic where you gain some extra-cores in regard of the damage dealt, but if your party is balanced and you do at least 1% you can get the loot and just a loot less in number compared to the maximum DPS.

Additional Damage isn't applied anymore in PvP, so you can safely beat up a +15 guy with your PvP weapon or your PvE one, as the damage doesn't scale that much.

There's no open world PvP, there's no end-game PvP like NW & Sieges and there's no GvG there. In PvP equipment doesn't scale that much unless you're using PvP equipment, in that case who has the best enhancement might have a slight edge above yours for the extra attack speed and attack as the attack in there isn't capped.
    But is easy to stack attack.

Problem with BDO and its enhancement system, is that in order to PvP you need to PvE. Not a PvE like Vindictus that was challenging (now has been tuned down greatly), nor as reactive and fun, it's just a walk in a huge chromosomic disorder where you try to mix & match different genes for months and discover that in the end you were the dumb one.
    And even if you want to lifeskill to earn your money, that's still not a content, that's a side activity that you can do when you're AFK and it forces you to keep up your computer on. No offline mechanic to generate silvers, only bills.

And when you want to do some PvP, when you want to defend a spot or simply fight here and there, your gear discourages you from doing so. Meanwhile, the softcap slowly increases, so by the time you'll go through dowgrades and more PvE that lacks of any sort of appeal, you'll find out that the softcap jumped again.
    If you'll ever reach that point.

If you do and you PvP constantly, doing even a good amount of damage and holding your ground with any kind of opponent, you'll find out that PvP is still "who gets CC'ed first dies" like it used to be, except that sometime your combo might interrupt because of RNG and that some classes have it easier when it comes to CC you and are much harder to CC.

Taking into account those things, i'd say that BDO has a more punishing system and the fact that you can loose your accessories in an eye blink, which are the greatest source of AP you can get, means that your progress is going to be fried air if you fail.

Blackhearted and Asato like this.
  15. Sizer

TLDR, but ok aion was best pvp around I guess, you should go back to it,
    BDO isn't about pvp anyway.
    xoxox bye felicia

16. Asato

4d4.jpg

17. Sizer

yeah , I 'm not a super elite pvper with intense super equalized pvp skills .

18. Asato

You sure like to pretend to be one.

Blackhearted likes this.
  19. charley222

same garbage like i expect lost 2 other 50 fail stack and a bunch of 35 fs to gain 10 extra fs total bs i put every possible buff because i feel hopeless but nothing change same crap
    [​IMG]

#199 charley222, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  20. Wet Cake

Did you use the two 50s for TRI or what? They are TET stacks btw...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.