1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough with the RNG!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amazebals, Jan 20, 2019.

?

TOO MUCH RNG?

1. Keep current RNG

61 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Reduce it

101 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. Obliterate it

108 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Amazebals

In all seriousness it’s getting to a point which is both disturbing and pathetic at the same time.

EVERY single new content They bring it’s directly connected to rng, even the new shadow arena.
    What the f*** is wrong with these ppl? Can’t they create proper content?

Does EVERYTHING has to be about rng?
    /Loot
    /enhance
    /pets
    /mounts
    /Corsair
    /awakening Corsair
    /mount skills
    /fairy
    /fairy skills
    /life skills
    /events
    /alchemy
    (Pretty sure I missed something)
    And now boys and girls, we get, shadow arena, with rng skills, rng classes, rng gear.

I almost feel, like before I start the game, that I should pray (a lot) or try some type of witchcraft!

(This ain’t about the shadow arena, for that was only the last drop, this is about RNFKING in general. This is the only game that gets me frustrated up to a point, that I wanna just kill the game)

Since this thread is getting enough attention, i have included a poll, just for some more interaction!

#1 Amazebals, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Vanadiel

It's because they don't know how to keep people playing their game, so they add RNG to everything to slow you down and hope you stay online longer.

Total lack of vision is what this is called.

Extrabone, Decoy#401, Feyti and 34 others like this.
  3. Amazebals

It’s utterly disgusting!

ODB3698 and elynia01 like this.
  4. Valestris

Alright.

NannaOgg likes this.
  5. Dremlock

if it wasn't for the jiggle physics and top tier waifus, the RNG wouldn't be tolerable.

6. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Witch 61 NA

Agreed.

But don't also forget about the semi-afk progression in the tray. While playing other MMO's PvP and dedicated PvP games. Without that, the visuals or combat system wouldn't been enough to keep me here and spending.

7. WoWisBest

This. In addition to this, they added low RNG to gear upgrades to sell cash shop items that increases chance or protect gear from downgrading.

TheBakingSlave likes this.
  8. TheBakingSlave

Yet people continue to spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars. People make these threads and then admit to put tons of ridiculous amounts of money into the game (not saying you are OP). The ONLY way this will ever change is with peoples wallets. They keep doing this because they make money.....people give them TONS of money. This is why now even single player games are using micro-transactions now....it has changed gaming forever and for worse. I have never spent a dime above the original $10 (technically $20 because I bought 2 accounts to have double the character slots).

There was literally a thread on the forums a fewq months ago asking how much people have spent in the game and it was shocking. Tons of people thought it was hilarious to admit to spending THOUSANDS on this game. One guy even said that in the past 5 months he had spent 11 THOUSAND dollars...THOUSANDS!! This is why RNG is a thing and will always be a thing, it encourages you to spend MONEY......

2Cents, SKYMARK, Klusou and 7 others like this.
  9. TheBakingSlave

Yep.

10. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Yup... PEN chance has to be around 3%... otherwise they would have people only melt 5 costumes instead of 500...

Same with horse... switch that fore chop away to get a hard to get skill and learn fore chop again next level up... maybe... maybe the horse will stay crap still and you have to try with a new one.

Fairy... hey, you can reset your fairy with a cash shop item and level her instantly to maximum with another one... with random skills though... so you can reset 100 times until you have weight and potion skill.

Loot? Hey you can increase drop chance with a Blessing of Kamasylve but you have to keep paying to keep it active... and if you want to pay even more, you can use loot drop scrolls.

--------------

You know what would be fun? RNG payments for the decision makers at Pearl Abyss and Kakao... "Well, you did a pretty nice job this month, but... you failed the roll! No money for you this month, but you get this nice, pretty FAILSTACK instead! Maybe you'll get paid next month, your chance to has increased by 0,35%"

Extrabone, Feyti, 2Cents and 19 others like this.
  11. WoWisBest

Gotta admit that the KMMOs have mastered to exploit the gamblers to the fullest. It's pretty sad at this point

12. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

In a game that has so many options to pay with cash, RNG is one of the few things keeping some equity in it. It if were simple linear progression the majority of us would be screwed

13. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

u know what u have signed up when u purchased the game after reading the reviews, dont be bitching now

LinaCrysta, Juliphus, Sizer and 6 others like this.
  14. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Im sorry but could u educate me of what jiggly physics there are? I look at my musa and everything is so firm and tight.

Draconnix, Fateneko, Sibyyl and 3 others like this.
  15. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

HA! I nearly posted the same reply :D

Draconnix likes this.
  16. PulseQ8

Haven't tested it myself but I heard even character creation has RNG, not all characters have the same base HP at say level 30, even within the same class.. some character hidden stats are probably subject to RNG as well

Draconnix and Josh28 like this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Characters used to have random HP increases upon levelling, back in ... 2016. This has been fixed ages ago and switched to fixed HP increases due to player feedback.

This is the only actually proven RNG stat, the rest, like the overall " hidden character luck" or "account luck" is just unproved superstition.

#17 Smileybones, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
  18. Dom1

Rng is life

19. kakodaimonos

Wait what? My keyboard is RNG? I though they said it was RGB...

20. Auxey

Tinfoil area starts below this line.
    For your own safety, please put on your tinfoil hats.

Smileybones likes this.