1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough with the RNG!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amazebals, Jan 20, 2019.

?

TOO MUCH RNG?

1. Keep current RNG

48 vote(s)
    25.1%
  2. Reduce it

72 vote(s)
    37.7%
  3. Obliterate it

71 vote(s)
    37.2%
  1. WoWisBest

Why will they directly sell PEN when they can extract way more $$ from the P2W whales by selling cron stones via costume melting and having a RNG in place to encourage those whales to spend even more upon failing. The whales get infinitely more chance to upgrade i.e. more power which is a direct advantage in PvP over a F2P player in a game with open world PvP.

#241 WoWisBest, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Fearless V, Oaklay and MoonDance17 like this.
  2. NameIsTaken

+1 BDO is not P2W.

A whale returned to BDO recently because people are calling BDO P2W now. He thought he finally got the chance to hit the top 1% and he started working on it. His goal is full PEN gears since he saw many accounts with full TET include ogre ring and tungrads earring on Player Auction. He did some research about the price and he found that each PEN gear will cost 10b minimum ( armor ) , up to 40b ( accessories ). However, he realized that he need to sell thousands of cash shop items to gather so much silver because each cash shop item can be sold for 111m only. He called his minions to recharge and sell cash shop items on his account 24/7 and went on vacation

His minions called him there is a Paymentwall that declined his payment every time until a photo ID is provided. Still, an inquisition will take place when two transactions are made in a short period. Even worse, the pending time will be so much longer after he spent more than $500 during 24h.

Fortunately, he grabbed some guild funds under table before he burnout. He was really happy until he failed to make PEN tungrad necklace 20 times in a row with 8% success rate. RNG is real. He just ran out of patience to pre-order materials one by one for more stacks.

The whale finally uninstalled BDO, just like what he did 3 years ago when BDO was not P2W.

TLDR: People will not get everything by spending without other efforts They also need to have time and luck to win. so BDO isnt P2W

3. WoWisBest

I hope you answer this question honestly: Do you really believe what you have written?

Fearless V and Oaklay like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

poor guy, didnt get pen tungrad neck, my heart is breaking :'(

#whalelivesmatter

5. WhySoSeeryus

also, he did get to click 20 ****** times to try stupid pen tungrad. u can guess how many chances normal player would have to click it. (well, its safe to assume very few guys will even have 1 tet tungrad neck in their whole bdo career)

how is it NOT p2w? jesus people are downright retarded sometimes.

Fearless V, Oaklay, WoWisBest and 2 others like this.
  6. Ashenvall

When you see these two words "bdo career"
    There is a huge issue : bdo is not a game, it's becoming a job. Terrifying.

7. zhagsten

And we pay to work instead of getting paid? Damn the economy has become dreadful...

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Wildcard 2

Regardless of If you are currently employed or not, Playing a Video Game should never be compared to actually having a full time job 40Hours+ a week of work in order to make money, pay bills, survive "LIfe" and be able to Live that Life.

How is catering and tailor making a game that is aimed directly at those who have massive amounts of Disposable income even okay with anyone regardless of what Tax Bracket you are in!? The fact is while this practice continues most likely for the foreseeable future it drives new players away, and returning players will remember why we left in the first place. Most of which will mainly only have no interest in the cash shop as they cannot afford to start wasting 100$ just for Something as ridiculously absurd as having Inventory Space, Inventory Weight and PETS! All Of which SHOULD be offered to be attainable within the game atleast in some form or fashion. The Fact that you cannot get these in any meaningful quantity is an testament to just how P2W BDO is. If you dont see a correlation for just those three simple things then compare what is was like without those to what the game is like with them. You Can loot More, Loot Faster and Hold More Loot which means More Silver vs someone that Cannot Afford it.

Personally BDO has aspects of it that are very appealing, and a vast majority of things that I wish would change.
    AASO is horrible, one of the only games i play that even with an 980Ti I get frame rate drops.
    Lighting on Skybox is blinding
    Remastered Graphics look like Bright white lights, and wet wax people.

Yet some spell affects and game play mechanics though not well explained are fairly decent.

Ill probably play bdo till I get burnt out or the first time I fail a Duo/Tet with 90stacks which ever comes first and Ill go back to playing warframe. Atleast there you dont have this ******** about upgrades failing, Your grind actually means something and if you want to pay-to-win you can but by no means Have To like you do in BDO.

Oaklay likes this.
  9. Cosmic Soul

I did say so.

10. Cosmic Soul

I could not agree more, no one can disagree with this very fact either otherwise it is more opinion then fact.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. NameIsTaken

I saw somebody got PEN tungrad necklace on reddit. I don't know how much he paid for it. This guy beat every P2W player at this point.
    Big spenders got more chance to get PEN tungrad necklace, its just a chance, not a guaranteed win though. Not to mention they also need to get a lot of failstacks which cannot be bought with money directly.

No matter how much people can spend, there is nobody can get full PEN gears within a month. Well, i think 3 months isnt possible as well.

12. WhySoSeeryus

So winning is getting full pen only? :popcorn:

Amazebals likes this.
  13. Beeso

[​IMG]

14. Amazebals

Cause p2w means getting final product guaranteed, rapped up with a red bow and delivered by an Amazon drone.

Oh, and in the box, you’ll find a congratulations certificate!

15. Amazebals

So how do you boys and girls enjoy the new rng event?:D
    Did you get your 2000 pearls?:D

16. Auxey

[Viewing this post requires special permission which can be obtained from a box with a certain chance]

Fearless V, WoWisBest and Amazebals like this.
  17. Amazebals

You made my day:), thank you!

18. iller

It's really a shame that the primary means of acquiring Caphras stones.... ISN'T based on a token system which awards the most tokens for failing at an RNG check on whatever mechanic there is where you already met all of the basic expectations or you're already near the maximum "stacks" or unlucky loot-dropping streaks you should need to be completely overdue for a success...

-- for me the most Frustrating one to consistently fail at.... is the lifeskill Trader balance minigame. ...though it would also be awesome IMHO if we could slowly accrue "failstacks" from fully training those skills on horses that almost no one ever bothers with (roar, forechop, hindkick, etc). ...I think ALL lifeskill activities have some sort of threshold like this where we've been at it for hours... but we're only getting like 1/3rd of the rewards that other people typically get, and we're just like "Man... we should get some kind of actual Tokens for putting up with this sh**!"

#258 iller, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  19. Ben Phoenix

[​IMG]

20. Hyppocritten

And 10% discount on the next item, to make sure u come back. Cause u know... coupons!