1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Joungf

Page Nr. 5 and still no statement ....

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. Dauthus

In my specific circumstances it appears to be the iCUE program that is conflicting with the Xigncode. I didn't uninstall anything, so all my software is still there, I just had to toggle it off and on. EDIT: I wanted to add I rebooted the computer after each change to the Startup. Here are the steps I have taken:

I started with a clean boot (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135) with all startup disabled -- The game loaded and ran fine.

Next I went to a Normal Startup with all services enabled and all startup disabled -- The Computer Shut Down when attempting to load the game.

Next I went to a Selective Startup with all Corsair Services Disabled (Corsair LINK 4, Corsair LLA Service, Corsair Service), and all startup disabled -- The game loaded fine.

Next I went to a Selective Startup with all Corsair Services Disabled (Corsair LINK 4, Corsair LLA Service, Corsair Service), and all startup Enabled (Except iCUE) -- The game loaded fine.

The game is running as I type this, and has been for several minutes now. It appears disabling all Corsair items in Services and Startup fixed this issue for me. Of course this also disables the features for my Mouse, Keyboard, Mouse Pad and CPU Cooler, so this is not an optional solution. But, it gets me in game.

3. Corrus

I tried logging in today, for whatever reason it didn't crash, so far so good. I did literally nothing because of the crashes. It just didn't work, and now it works for once who knows how long.
    Fix your Game

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Animagic

I deleted the "version.dat" file on both clients and the game works.

5. Worry

Worry Sorceress 57 EU

Same for me. It happens pretty randomly now. Sometimes if I delete the cache and repair the game it survives more than 4+ hours. But then sometimes it also just freezes again after restarting and just logging in.

Now I also get "Error!" in the system chat. I am completely helpless... I just wanna play so bad.

6. kaliver

kaliver Kaliver Valkyrie 61 NA

For clarity, the problem described in the OP (peripheral software running in the background making BDO hard restart our computers) has not been fixed, and deleting version.dat has no effect whatsoever.

Actually just noticed I have the same CPU as OP. Hmm.

7. Stilgar

Same issue here after yesteryday's patch, at first i obviously thought there was something wrong with my PC but i'm still getting freezes / crashes

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The game forum mods are very frequently afk and for very long periods at a time.

Joungf and Tjaranis like this.
  9. Tjaranis

updated icue to check if it would help. however still crashes, and disabling icue doesn't work for me; still crashes when disabled.

even if it did i can't play without my mouse and keyboard.
    I am guessing nothing will happen and kakao just hope it will solve itself with patches. but we could be lucky with a hotfix... .

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Seems unlikely when they cannot even bothering acknowledging there is a problem. This could simply be achieved with an official presence in this thread, but nope, complete silence.

Joungf, Worry and Tjaranis like this.
  11. Tjaranis

so fiddled for a bit and got it to "work" (not sure if it is a one off :P ).
    so with the newest version of icue; i shut down the program, went into processes, found icue service (something like that), shut it down, started up the game, used like 20min reading/looking successions, tabbed out and started icue.
    and it run for over an hour. there is also only icue (32bit) as the only icue in processes...

doubt this will work/help anyone else, seems like a "throw something at the wall and hope" method. but that's what i did and at least it is still running and can use my corsair hardware xD

-------------------
    edit:
    not crashing when logging on while icue is running, test 1 ^^.
    makes little sense, but wanted to update people in the case you are desperate to try anything to get it working ;)

wonder if there was a hotfix i didn't notice or something :P

#211 Tjaranis, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  12. Samwyn

New day, nothing changed for me, I stil can`t play and I tried everything above :(

13. obitum

it's funny because for the it's other way around, playing league of legends with bdo in tray crash league and bdo stay there happily.

14. ChusteNebo

Tested with BDO client from ru region - same problem.

15. Miquene

Miquene Miquene Sorceress 61 EU

Same here! I can't play league of legends with bdo in tray.

And BDO i can't be afk because at few hours crash bdo. The new patch its pathetic.

And i have laptop with intel and pc with ryzen.

16. Joungf

PA: "It works as expected. Hahahahaaaaa!"
    PA, are you serious?

17. RokoDaSolo

It's funny how is "random" this issue... for me (that not have any corsair, CUI, Afterburning, ecc) game freezes and the only solution was a full Windows 10 update (cuz I have it disable and months without update the crap...) Now is working, only get a freeze on yesterday when I put the game in task bar for a while and when I returned, bamm blue screen...restart the system > launch game > play for 6 hours and no crash... funny, but... FIX THE CRAP PATCH Dammmmmmmmit and put your voice on this thread DEV's you worse that the black spirit Ghost!!

18. Worry

Worry Sorceress 57 EU

That's what I am talking about. It's completely random when it crashes. For me also opening it from tray sometimes leaves me with a freeze.

19. RokoDaSolo

Yeah, for SURE IT NEED A FIX, also if "sometimes" it open, and play ok for a while, often we have crashes (that first of the patch where not present, on my rig at least...never, and I say NEVER in more than 3 years!, had a bdo crash to say the truth!...till now)

20. MAGR

I used to be able to leave BDO running all day. Before the last patch I started to have problems, my client was crashing every hour or so, post patch I cant stay on for more than 5mins. The last time trying the attached memory error msg was displayed...

i7 - 16Gb ram - GTX965

All other games and apps are running without issue.

BDO Error.png