1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. MMOBlitz

it doesnt, turned off anything that could sleep anything, disabled razer stuff, tried everything suggested on the web about this, its on the devs to fix

2. MMOBlitz

in a game that is mainly played afk, this shouldnt be happening, fix your **** or no more cash. I think its time we all (with this issue) stop throwing cash at the game until they feel the pinch and get this **** fixed. and fyi KASHCOW extend the training event as well as the rest of them to compensate for your shitty code. been here since Korean OBT so im here but this is getting old

3. Stabby

Disconnected 6 times in the last 20 minutes!

4. MMOBlitz

i literally watched my game in wondowed mode on my other monitor just randomly shut down with no error. low graphics, tried all the fixes etc nothing. and bam just shut down. same error in event viewers.

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x74abfe5a
    Faulting process id: 0x4978
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ef82123c3fc9
    Faulting application path: bad_module_info
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: b0749933-bbca-41cb-b8b4-6c0e11758bfc
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

5. MMOBlitz

wish i hadnt spent 30 bucks on horse training stuff in the pearl shop during a training event, fix this ****

6. Andaro

Ambassador

When I made that reply that was a week ago, and I was replying to the *original poster*, NOT everyone else that latched onto the thread. When you are having a technical issue , and you seek the forum for a resolution rather than a support ticket - you need to make your own thread with the proper information so that those of us that are attempting to assist you can do so properly.

That information includes
    Your directX diagnostic log (dxdiag)(actual upload, not a copy paste)
    Your System Event Viewer log(s) that reference any of the components from the bdo client (actual uploads, not copy pastes)
    An as detailed as possible description of *how* the crash appears on your system.

The reason why this is necessary is because not every person having a crash is going to crash the same way, because not every crash or disconnect is because of the same reason ----- even though, we gamers tend to try and lump it all into the same mixing pot. --- This is 2020, and these are BASIC PC Troubleshooting steps.

When you make a forum thread, you are asking the Community (players) to help you. When you make a support ticket, you are asking the staff to help you. In either regards, those 3 pieces of information are crucial to assisting you properly. (When you make a support ticket, your game-client logs also need to be uploaded).

But I understand the frustration, so I will give you a run down of WHY that information is important, and WHY it is important to not leach onto someone else thread, and instead create your own with the above info

• Crashing, and disconnecting, are two seperate issues.
      • "Crashing" is when the client literally "hangs", usually at the kernel level, and is force closed by the system
      • "Disconnecting" (DC) is when the client closes due to lost connection from either the client or xigncode
    • Some people may crash because of the lightfx.dll issue that is mostly present on Alienware Systems, or other RGB lighting peripherals that are not Razor.
    • Some people may DC due to routing issues across the vast god awful adhoc patchwork quilt that is the Internet. -- And in 2020, for a gamer to not know about sites like downdetector, or read the news how the entire US has been plagued with a dozen malware strains for the past 2 weeks, or how 200 million broadcom devices throughout the EU were compromised, or how things like the "cyber wars" between the US, Russian, and Iran affect all users everywhere ---- is completely absurd and irresponsible.
      • To give an example of a Routing Issue - last week we had two players, both were from the same country, but both had different ISPs. There was a major outage problem at a hub in lower California. While playerA's ISP rerouted him automatically through the northern part of the state, PlayerB's ISP did not and he had to manually reroute himself using a VPN to go half-way around the world just to come into another hub to make the same connection and start playing again.
    • Some people may crash because of recent Windows Patches - which with Windows 10 is just about every month, because, once again if you follow the news, you'll know just how botched windows 10s updates have been and the havoc they have been wreaking upon consumers.
    • Some people may crash because of malware on their system. Just because you "have a AV" doesn't mean jack in 2020. See News Articles.
    • Some people may crash because they have altered their client files and Xigncodes internal hash-checking algo's have closed the client
    • Some people may crash because they are still on Windows 7 and lack certain windows updates that may or may not be necessary for client updates
    • Some people may crash due to faulty hardware
    • Some people may crash due to improper Windows OS Settings
    • Some people may crash due to Windows Defenders "Heap Integrity Validation" Settings, regarding the recent "client optimization" where the clients memory handling was adjusted (this also set off Riot's own AC software with League of Legends)
    • Some people may crash due to Windows Firewall protocols --- there was a windows update that botched the windows firewall, and even though the applications were listed in the rulesets, the rulesets had to be wiped and then the applications manually re-added in order to work properly.

Look. I could go on for hours on the different scenarios of what can cause a crash or a disconnect. And I KNOW it is frustrating. But you have to realize and understand -- not everyone is going to crash for the same reason, and in order for anyone on the forum - and especially Support - to find the cause(s) of those issues, you have to provide proper information. And uploading a few log files when someone is attempting to help you should not be something to get snarky about.

Anyone that is having issues, is welcome to message me on discord.
    If I am available and have the time, I will even be glad to TeamView you (remote support) and dive into your woes myself to find the cause, and if I can fix it, I will, if I can't I'll know what to report to those that can. I rarely give that offer, but its there. (Just as an example, I once TV'd a user that was having crashing issues, and his hard-drive was so full that he couldn't even perform windows updates, for a year, had multiple copies of the game, and didn't even have an administrator account. So yeah, when I say you should have your own thread for your own individual issue, lol I mean it, because there could be a dozen reasons why something is causing you to have problems)

Otherwise, work with the staff - provide them with what they need to get the job done, and they WILL help you.
    (Unless you have Windows 7, because W7 is no longer supported - sorry)

#326 Andaro, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  7. Synthesis_Window

Still getting it while grinding. Win10, never had anything like this before. ~30-40min I get a crash during some mob kill, no error message.

8. Andaro

Ambassador

#328 Andaro, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  9. Koronae

was not an effective fix sadly.

10. VoldemortRMK

Having the same problem

11. meibak

I have the same Problem. I tried everything...

12. Terimisu

Whenever I log into the game and talk to the first NPC to get the first quest the NPC starts talking and my game either crashes to desktop, black screens my computer, or the computer freezes and there are no error messages. Anyone know a fix for this? Just wanted to start playing again and I can't even talk to the first quest giver...

13. ElectroStingz.

Hello,

The NPC doesn't like you and is using the power of the black spirit to force your game to close. :)

Serious answer, what can you say about your computer, desktop or laptop?

Example
    • CPU = Intel Core i5-9300H
    • Video card = Intel HD630
    • RAM = 4GB
    • Windows 10?
    Sometimes it might be the computer you are using, if not then maybe something else such as a driver but without knowing the details first one would be guessing a lot.

Terimisu likes this.
  14. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 64 NA

they know the game is crashing for people
    hope it gets fix soon

15. Terimisu

Desktop
    CPU = Intel Core i7-6700K
    GPU = 980ti x2 SLI
    Ram = 32gb
    Windows 10
    Upgraded to newest Nvidia Driver

#335 Terimisu, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  16. ElectroStingz.

17. Terimisu

GPU has been fine even running 3dmark there is no issues

18. ElectroStingz.

Give the thread I linked to a read as I explain a lot and you can even see others running Furmark without issues but yet BDO crashing due to GPU boost.

The biggest problem is what is happening when playing BDO, the gpu is not under a high load so the core frequency is running a lot higher (GPU boost) and you also have spells / bursts of sudden load. The ultimate test for any overclock is to see how stable it is under rapidly changing conditions, BDO does this, 3DMark doesn't, Furmark doesn't.

So worth trying it, if nothing changes at least you know.

19. Terimisu

Will try it thank you

20. Kiemma

Has this issue been fixed with the recent patch? I uninstalled corsair icue and would like to redownload it so i can set my rgb lights back.