1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hello peeps!

We're investigating problems with crashing. Most of the cases were solved via troubleshooting so, if you didn't already, please send a ticket so we can further investigate.

2. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hello @Nxno

If you wish us to investigate further, I can move this thread to bugs. Please send a video on your FPS issues, as well as a DxDiag files to check what might be happening. Thank you!

3. Stabby

Is that why server chat is blowing up with people crashing? Is that why out of 100 guild members only 5-10 actually make it an entire night while AFK? I've played in 4 countries and multiple computers during my business trips. It's the same everywhere. It happens on both EU and NA servers and multiple ISP's. It should work by default Windows 10 standards without ANY additional alterations to anything! It has even happened to me at character select. This tells me it's the Xign garbage or it's your servers! Those are the only common denominators.

#363 Stabby, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  4. RYnehawk

Just sent a ticket. It's gotten pretty out of hand; crashing about 5-6 times a day. No error message or window. Simply freezes or a second or two and then I'm at my desktop.

5. kyse

i bet the afk hackers dont dc :/

6. Nxno

Nxno Guardian EU

Sure whatever you deem necessary. I'm really annoyed by this as I just spent 4k pearls on the character just to not be able to use any of its succession & awakening skills.

I've attached DxDiag and link to the video is here: https://streamable.com/rfl0k
    I used 3 awakening skills and you can notice the fps drops heavily and then I used few regular skills just to showcase that nothing happens while using those skills. Thanks for the reply my guy!

Attached Files:

7. RYnehawk

I have a post in the support forum and a ticket, but I'm trying to get an idea if the issues I'm having are unique to me or if it's a broad problem and I should stop trying to diagnose and fix on my end.

So far no proposed answers or self-sought solutions have worked.

In short, during random activities my game will freeze for like a second or two and then crash to desktop. No error messages or anything. Just "poof" and gone.

I haven't seen many other posts about this but I'm hearing anecdotally its an issue with lots of folks. If it is I want to signal boost to get some visibility into how aware devs are about it.

Thanks.

JuniperTwist likes this.
  8. Andaro

Ambassador

There have been multiple reports from people regarding this "type" of issue, but there are different resolutions because not everyone "crash" is because of the same thing, even though often it may look or feel similar.

There are multiple different scenarios as to why the client might crash and it is often on the users end in some form or another, with the most frequently occuring reasons being:

• Bad windows update KB (as if we haven't been plagued enough, ty Microsoft)
    • Bad network issues (not your immediate ISP connection!) regionally, aka routing issues
    • Corrupted user profile group policies (usually due to WU KB)
    • Bad driver, either audio, video, IO, or BIOS
    • Unstable overclocking
    • Excessive power draw on a substandard PSU
    • Bad memory modules (don't purchase parts from non-standard parts suppliers)
    • Corrupted Page Files (windows problem)
    • Corrupted registry settings
    • Malware infections (read the news)
    • Antivirus or Firewall Issues
      • Avast actually flags on a xigncode file
      • A February WU KB actually corrupted firewall rules for some
    • Detection of cheat programs on the machine (even those not used with BDO)
    • Compatibility Settings enabled
    • This list goes on and on

Some issues that actually occured as a result of a client patch:
    • RGB Lighting Support (lightfx.dll) for non Razer products
    • Memory Heap Integrity Check failures via Windows Defender in v1903 & 1909
    In the end, because there are so many different scenarios that can result in the same "crash to desktop" it is imperative that the user open a support ticket and attach their (1) directX Diagnostics report, (2) client log files, (3) system event logs, and (4)xigncode logs if generated.

Don't go haphazardly applying random solutions you find in other people's threads, because their fix might not be Central to your specific issue and you could just end up making things worse.

Allow the staff to investigate the issue, and work with you one-on-one to establish proper troubleshooting methods and find a resolution.

9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Everyone and its not you, its them. It started happening since a couple of patches ago.

Leverage likes this.
  10. Stabby

Ya it's a good chunk of the community. But if you ask the GM's they'll make it sound like only a few people have this problem and an alteration to your drivers and windows 10 will fix it....

11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

My rig was running fine with no issues what so ever, I have made 0 changes since. But then a few patches back started having crashes and so are the rest of community.

12. Vortexii

I started having the same problem and others a few patches ago. The saved settings being deleted constantly and instant crash like that no message. If the game hangs up for 2-3 seconds it can also be an instant drop.

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I'm experiencing no crashes at all so it's not "the rest of community".

14. MamoruKin

same, i got twice crash today, didnt had before!

15. Memojie

Memojie Memojie Ninja 63 NA

Yeah my game keeps crashing after minimizing

16. Khondo

There have been some changes with Microsoft Power settings. Have a look at those. Changed mine back to High performance and no issues, specially for AFK issues.

17. Andaro

Ambassador

Don't waste your time mate, you'll end up with a headache. Although problems did start a few patches ago, so too did mass reports at Microsoft because of buggy Windows updates, and of course no one is going to admit to knowing about that, or the plethora of news articles regarding increased malware issues and network failures across both the US and EU.

The game is easier to blame than self educating >.>

We have a few "techxperts" on the Amba team that run clean and optimized machines, so when there is an *actual* patch issue that happens, we immediately communicate the issues to the Team Leads so that they are aware ahead of the wave.

We also keep an eye on several publicly accessible internet monitoring tools and advise of possible net outages on occasion (although they can see more than we can through private tools xD)

DaveH likes this.
  18. Khondo

There are changes made to your "rig" every day that you are not aware of. Not all issues are due to hardware changes. This is why issues like this are user end. If it was happening to everyone, the game would be empty.

19. Andaro

Ambassador

*Hands Khondo a coffee*

20. Pavo

It happens so randomly. Couple of times in the middle of a candidum/ nineshark fight.

Just now it happened when I tried to access my maid while sailing.

No error message or anything. Game freezes and screen goes black within a second and right away closes.

Doesn't happen often, but I would say about once or two times a day since about 3 patches ago or so.

Oh, Ya FYI this is the same exact thing in windows XP and I just upgraded a couple of days ago to Windows 10 so that can't be used as an argument against me.

Same exact issue/ problem under exactly the same conditions. If that helps at all.

Is it a Xingcode issue because I have my browser open streaming radio.com? That's the only thing that might stick out, but I have not been able to narrow it down if that is the one consistent thing.

Once again, no error message or anything from windows/ xingcode/ bdo.