1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

How do you clean the cache in game? I forgot the command.

PurplePumpkin likes this.
  2. Pavo

It's happening everwhere. People are complaining about it in game.

It's gotten so much worse with this patch.

3. Pavo

People are complaining about random crashes in world chat and server chat. It has definitely gotten a lot worse.

I am on my 4th or 5th crash since logging on around 11 am, whereas before this patch I was at most randomly crashing once a day or less.

This has been going on since literally 4 patches ago. My friend in Vancouver ( I'm in Chicago) is having the same issue but way more than me.

Something bigger broke with today's patch that exasperated the issue.

PeanutButterSandwich likes this.
  4. PurplePumpkin

It's right in the settings tab, open the window and it'll be a button at the top!

Kittyberry likes this.
  5. Raven Croft

I just left the game the right way in Calpheon having come from Velia. I clicked it open from the tray and when i got into the game again I saw the BDO tray logo vanish like it does these days during the crashes. So idk anymore...Sighs.

6. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

Okie, thank you !

PurplePumpkin likes this.
  7. Stabby

Over a dozen crashes since patch. I'm only struggling thru it because of the server XP event and I have a value pack running. I want to blow up this forum and flame this gm unruly guy but I dont want to get banned. He's now the first staff member I have ever added to an ignore list.

Edit: Apparently you cant add GMs to an ignore list like you can with members. I'll try to contact Pearl Abyss directly and report our game crash problems and that Kakao is ignoring us and deflecting.

Where the F is our Community Manager????

8. Khondo

Have a good look at your PC. Everyone assumes that BDO has changed something when there is more chance that something has changed your end. Microsoft have made a lot of changes in the last 2 months in Windows.

I said it in another post, if it was happening on the server to everyone, the game would be empty.

Not happening on my pc as I do my own maintenance.

9. Andaro

Ambassador

You are going to find that Pearl Abyss can not do anything regarding unstable connections in the United States and EU.
    Just 45 minutes ago over 700 Spectrum customers lodged complaints on downdetector, and that is only one out hundreds of examples of ongoing network issues in the US and EU atm.

According to Akamai, net traffic in the US alone is up 23% compared to normal averages. Globally up 63% compared to normal averages over a rolling 60 day report. Normally I would suggest a VPN, but unfortunately unless you're paying for a prioritized vpn, I don't think that is going to help much during this ...pandemic.

If you do use a VPN, I might suggest one that is connected to AT&T's network as they seem to be the least affected atm.

The top ISPs having the biggest issues atm are CenturyLink, Comcast, Cox, AT&T(subsided), TMobile, Verison (resolved) and Frontier Communications. Their subsidiaries and spin-off service providers will also be affected.

Additionally, I have to note that this ^ mentioned is not "just for today" but has been scaling up over the past couple of weeks and will probably become a bit worse as the days progress.

#429 Andaro, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Zamiake

So ive been noticing alot of afk disconnections since recent patchs

#430 Zamiake, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Tiegars likes this.
  11. Andaro

Ambassador

12. Zamiake

omg really wow people need to chill off this stupid virus and just wash your hands lol

13. RYnehawk

Is this official or is this just opinion? I ask because it seems strange the disconnecting phenomenon occurs for me on BDO but my wife, who plays Destiny, hasn't had any disconnecting issues and we share the same connection.

14. Kiemma

Has this issue been resolved? It has been radio silence for awhile now

15. BootKnife

Same as others, constant crashing from tray randomly or while afk over the last 2 weeks only. could be hours and be fine, then crash overnight. Worked with 3-4 gm's in tickets and tried countless settings/dns/repair/reinstalls and it's still doing it. Been happening to like 100 people other people in game/discords too. Hope something's done cause it's gettin old now.

JuniperTwist likes this.
  16. Dringe

Are we seriously going to use the "it's your isp" meme again?
    Random crashing has been an issue for a few weeks now and barely gets any acknowledgment.
    It doesn't seem to be even a routing issue like previously anyway, you can be fishing and crash randomly, you can be chopping trees and crash randomly, you can be grinding and crash randomly. This was not a problem before.
    I've tried multiple workarounds and "fixes" and nothing has solved the issue so far, I can be running any other game just fine but then I have to keep mousing over the BDO icon in the tray to see if it's still running.
    Nothing's as great as leaving your character fishing just to come back 8 hours later to realize it crashed 20min after you left.

Kittyberry likes this.
  17. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

Yeah... in my case it started 3 weeks ago and this is driving me crazy, cuz I can't grind without having a random crash after using a skill with a huge pack of mobs, literally I tried everything to see if I can fix this but I keep crashing...

18. Illuminatus Celebratum

I personally suspect it has something to do with their "optimization patch" or the "upgraded" version of XIGNCODE3.

In the meantime, I will be taking hiatus from BDO and playing other games that have zero technical issues.

List of technical issues with BDO for myself and guildmates:

- frequent random crashing to desktop (active window and from tray)
    - frequent crashing of coronahost
    - disconnects
    - high cpu usage
    - stuttering during any type of loot acquisition (pets or workers)
    - stuttering during notification popups
    - glitchy UI

also:

- almost deafening silence from development team

If this were my system and others' systems, I suspect these technical problems would manifest in other applications as well. So, if it isn't happening in other applications, perhaps there's the clue as to where the problem lies. Good luck selling people on Crimson Desert when Black Desert doesn't even seem stable at a time when a massive influx of new players arrives.

Lukimel, Phoenixxx75 and Kittyberry like this.
  19. RYnehawk

Bumping to move past all of the GM responses to months old threads so they can have metrics show they are active.

Lukimel likes this.
  20. piratebeowolf

Just so you know, this is our fault, it must be our computers, or our internet as we are the only one(s) happening too, regardless of our i5 7 8 or 9's
    our nvidia or radeons it will be fault of user.
    If anyone here works in Customer service you know it is their job to piss and moan that it is not them
    I randomly crashed 5x since patch/maintenance