1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. RYnehawk

I'm still awaiting a response from our ambassador if their statements are their opinion or if they've been, well, an ambassador of the community and reached out to the BDO team to communicate the issues multiple people are having.

As it stands, they're only interested in deflecting blame and putting it back on the very people they're supposedly championing, which is much less ambassador and much more toady.

jrs1 likes this.
  2. Roediger

This can not be an ISP problem! Why not? I have 2 accounts - and 2 computers. Using the same ISP. First account have been online for days now. Second account crashes randomly all the time (right now, I can not even stay online for more than 2 secs.)
    So, stop blaming ISP's - and fix the problems now!

3. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

Just to make it clear, it's "crash" not "disconnection" there is a very big difference between those two, so when they say it may be an ISP problem, please consider the word crash and not disconnect if we are talking about that, speaking a little bit of my problem, this usually happens to me when I am grind, this is a problem that is really stopping me from doing it since I can't risk my crystals for a problem that happens randomly and frequently, even more so when they no longer restore crystals, so what sense does it make to grind if you are going to end up losing 600m in crystals ?, I hope they give an immediate solution to this cuz I'm started to get pissed.

Lukimel likes this.
  4. Illuminatus Celebratum

This is how it appears from where I am sitting as well.

jrs1 likes this.
  5. Illuminatus Celebratum

From my own testing, BDO or XIGNCODE3 seems to be overloading a single core of my processor, which is causing massive frame loss and heavy stutter. This does not change if I put the game into potato mode. This does not change if I minimize to tray. For the latter reason, I suspect it is a XIGNCODE3 issue. I will test affinity to see if I can further isolate the root cause.

In the meantime, I would like for other users to share their experiences with individual core use, using Performance Monitor > CPU (can be accessed through Task Manager). If this is a common hallmark of all people having crash-to-desktop issues (not Disconnect), I would like for it to be publicly known and addressed.

6. Pavo

Do you just run the program and nothing else? Does something need to be done to set this up or record?

I have never used this, but am willing to try anything that proves how incompetent the people around here are and what they will do to deny and obfuscate the problem.

I want people to understand how incompetent these asshats are. They used to ask you to dl and use WinMTR. I have probably a weeks worth of this data exchanged with a few gm/cms over there. Each and every time I took to do this it ended up being an issue on their end and not on mine. See they couldn't argue with WinMTR.

So what happened? theyt don't tell you to use it because they can't argue with facts (though some try lol)

By all means some of the shills can prove me wrong and start asking people to dl and run WinMTR so we can prove their servers are ****ing up and not our "isp" but you don't see that anymore for a reason.

Just sayin'!

7. Stabby

At least a dozen times today. Luckily I was at work and saw it happen each time.
    Just trying to get thru this damned XP event.

8. Boink

I got hit with this today. Died in the process, lost a jin cobe. It happened to me on reset.

9. Eques3n

Eques3n Guardian 63 NA

ROFL! I used to have a supervisor like you. For example, if I asked him a question about apple sales, he responded with something like, "Well, the sky is blue today."

10. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

For this reason I can't keep grinding.
    Honestly I don't know why this guy (Andaro) keeps saying that is an issue with the ISP...I mean yeah he might be trying to help, but honestly he is just spreading something that is not related with the post at all, for once again, we are having a "CRASH" not a Disconnection" FOR THE LOVE OF GOD !

jrs1 likes this.
  11. RandomHajile

looks at PC. looks at you.

haha.

BDO has crashed on my last cpu and a totally different build now is still crashing the same way.

The thing is, if it was windows, then why wouldn't it be happening to everyone or almost everyone? I dunno. It's not a huge deal, but it does still crash. I even did dude's little trick and I still crash. Been crashing more tonight than before. Had two freeze n crashes while playing, which hasn't happened in awhile. It's crazy.

But yes, as someone who has frequented many cpu forums, it's funny... whether it be a GPU/CPU overheating or some software problem, there are always people who have it and people who don't, and some people who don't, believe that it can be fixed in the people who do. Who knows, maybe it can... maybe it can't.

Reporting back tho, I am still crashing.

12. Yushee

Crashed 4 times to desktop in approximately 5 hours of game time. It's definetly not an ISP problem. It's been occurring since the patch 2-3 weeks ago. Constantly trying to repair the game files when I crash and it doesn't help at all.

13. Noxed

Usually I get this crash when I leave the game afk over night. It started on the 3rd of March. Please help.

Attached Files:

• BDO.jpg
      BDO.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  14. Andaro

Ambassador

Hello there o/

Please open a support ticket and include your logs with your ticket. A GM will assist you as best they can.

It looks like you have a memory issue, possible a bad stick.

15. PookieBear

It'S YoUr IsP GuIsE...

FFS if I hear that argument one more time ...
    I can do literally anything just fine without ANY issues except staying connected to bdo.

The client crashing has been an issue for 4 patches now, if not more. Notably, if you crash and log back in on the same character, good chance it will crash you right back to desktop on login, so I have to go to a different char first.

16. Kema

Same issue for myself and quite a few other friends. Has been worse since the most recent patch.

It doesn't even matter what I am doing at the time... Could just be standing there doing nothing. The more annoying issue is that when I minimize to tray, it crashes 100% of the time by the time I come back to keys.

17. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 64 NA

crashed twice in one hour almost every day while streaming!! i dont think this has to do with ISP then i wouldnt be able to stream at all
    game starts to freeze and then it just closes for no reason!
    i have everything updated

18. Illuminatus Celebratum

Crashing has returned. I opened a support ticket and went through all the steps I was given. Problem still persists. I informed them the problem was not resolved and I have not heard back from support since.

GG BDO, GG.

Good luck trying to sell these people on Crimson Desert.

19. Boink

I might be just enhancing until they fix this I crashed again. No errors or logs... sometimes I get this reconnection spam definitely not my side though.

20. TenFallenOnes

I keep getting crashes, I read that this might do the trick ? is it true?