1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. mysticronin

Trying the lightfx.dll, will see if it works. Been crashing all evening.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I cannot even get into the game as the game starts to load then just crashes. This is after three weeks in a row of corrupt file issues while trying to get the update and a week of not being able even able to get that far as I was getting a failed to init security message which has stopped after the latest update.
    It looks like all the computer experts have left the building leaving the cleaning crew to maintain the coding and the servers.

3. Seal Clubbing Time

This is the second time in two patches my game has been made unplayable.

it took days of inaction last time to fix it, hopefully there will be a speedier fix this time.

When rewards are based around playing for periods of time, or benefit from AFK activities such as fishing, you are taking enjoyment away from the game.

I hardly ever log into here to post, that’s how disappointed I feel at the moment. As someone with a full time job who has poured a lot of real life money into a game I enjoy through the Pearl Shop, what possible incentive is there to continue to do so.

it has everything to do with your patch, nothing to do with my internet, you patched it last time after an insufferable period, please fix it rapidly this time.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. MrDBear

We want compensation for our lost time, not a few useless bells.

5. MindsEye

This crashing happens to me every 20-30 minutes. Game just vanishes, no errors. Tried clearing cache, replacing lightfx.dll. Nothing has worked. My experience was perfect until the patch on 11/6/2019. The frequency makes the game unplayable. I never had the issue last week like some on here.

6. SkyfallingHaven

I also have been experiencing these same issues, and have tried the fixes listed. Still rather new to the game myself, but this is the second patch now that has caused this log in issue. Much like the others I am logged in for anywhere between 5 mins to 20 mins before my game randomly closes on me. No warning or anything. It has happened to me twice already today. Not sure what to do from here, so hoping it fixes soon so I wont miss the rewards like I did last time.

7. Noite

Add me to the list, I'm lucky if I get 10 minutes. It was fine until this last patch. Previous;y mentioned methods are not working for me either.

MindsEye likes this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I cannot even launch the game. Today with the latest patch I have had two corrupt file messages even though I have not been able to play the game since last week's maintenance.
    First I had fail to init security. Tried the fix that was suggested to no avail, after the patch this week I could suddenly get the game to start to load but it would close before doing so. Today trying to get the latest patch I have had two corrupt file messages the first at 1% after which I restarted and ran the file check and when the download started again it stopped at 2%, just now it has done the corrupt file message again at about 30%. What on earth is going on here?

#48 Phoenixxx75, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    MindsEye likes this.
  9. Rolaebe

Having the same issue here.. I had it back after the last patch too for a while but it when away with an update now its back

MindsEye likes this.
  10. Biinge

I'm getting these crashes too - it seems to happen when something graphically strenuous is occurring - like repeatedly tapping some location on the map to create the auto-path line, if you do this really fast a bunch of times it will crash.. also get it while just sprinting on my horse (i.e. through forest, once while sprinting into Heidel, etc).

No crash log appears or anything like that, the game just closes and disappears... Hope you guys can fix..

#50 Biinge, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    MindsEye and Ofeamoten like this.
  11. Truffles

I have done the .dll thingy and game still crashed. I logged out and relogged, hoping the "patch" took. Nope! This has been going on for 2 maints now, ever since the new sailing events came out. I sent ticket in, tech told me to check my drivers ..... sorry, but WTF? Remember last Sat when everything crashed and people couldn't log onto the game for hours? Everything was fixed pretty well after that, then came last maint and we're back to square one again. Please fix!!! I dc just standing around. not doing anything, not looking at map, nothing. Come on .................

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Lynx

I just wanted to add my "me also". Same thing, very random, no indication of anything, just crash to desktop like after the previous maintenance to when it was hotfixed(?).

13. DrJeckel

same...return issue from last patch. also crashes when minimized to tray

14. Kaiser Phoenix

Thank you for attempting to provide a fix, but unfortunately, this did not fix my crashing issue but actually made matters worse. After I installed the lightfx.dll from the link provided, my keyboard stop working on BDO completely. I could not press enter or use my mouse once I got to the title screen. My graphics were also lowered even after I restarted my laptop, I still experienced the same issues. Before I place the file in my System32 file, I backed up my original and placed it back in the system 32 folder. The game is back to normal, but the intermittent crashing is still present.

15. MindsEye

Any word GM's? This is so bad now, game is unplayable. Cannot use the Caravel i worked so hard to get right before this last patch. 1stWorldBrutality!

16. Anastaiz

I'm having this crashing issue too. I had it the last time and it had been working fine since the fix went in and now since the maintenance on Wednesday, I'm randomly crashing all the time. I lost a 24 hour combat training scroll and a 24 hour skill training scroll because the game kept dcing while I was sleeping and at work. I can't even afk fish. This really needs to get fixed again. lightfx.dll did not help.

17. gjknkn

I'm also having this crashing issue after I minimize the tray for AFK fishing.

18. gjknkn

I'm also having this crashing issue after I minimize the tray for AFK fishing.

19. Evad

Game is unplayable. Constant crashes.

20. Öhle

Game crashes after a random playtime. Screen seemes shortly freezed, then game shut down to desktop. Today in 4 hours 3 crashes.