1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Error report - crash when AFK

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Fenix, Oct 24, 2019.

1. DrJeckel

Come on Kakao/PA...this crashing problem is getting very old for a lot of players. A couple of weeks ago, you were able to fix it (only after the server took a crap)...time to earn that money we are putting in to this game and fix it again. The desync problem on NA is a whole other issue but annoying all the same.

2. DrJeckel

oh, and this seems to be the window for me as well...20-30min and crash. It's like a build up of crap on my resources that eventually shuts the game down.

3. Surma

is bad i have had this for over a month now and nothing yet i have tried everything i have able to find online because all the help i get from the support page is "click this link...click this link...click this link...click this link...that didn't work? click this link...yeah we don't fix anything here just keep clicking this link."

MindsEye likes this.
  4. Juason

I took a break from BDO this summer, and have recently returned to find my game is constantly crashing just like everyone is describing here. This happens even running at the lowest settings with temps in the 50C range. No overclocking. Tried multiple driver versions, clearing cache, reinstalling, etc. I've tested at multiple locations to rule out internet/router/firewall interactions being the culprit.

My gaming system is an Alienware 17" laptop with 32GB of RAM and a Geforce 1080. I played for months w/o any crashes previously, and so suspect some update to the game as a cause. The crashes are always to the desktop - the game stutters one time briefly, then about 5 seconds later just closes. The windows error logs are not helpful. I think we're going to give up on BDO for a bit and try something else, but it would be nice to know this is being looked at... Thanks.

5. RustyNail

You are right. Many things in this game are grindy, including getting this game to run without regular crashes. Sadly, the crash fixing grind isn't something I enjoy.

MindsEye likes this.
  6. Biinge

Yep same thing happens to me - you can tell when its about to happen because the game stutters briefly for a few seconds, then disappears. I think it happens more often at night when there are more players but I'm not sure.

7. Claydough

Just found this thread and have been suffering this for weeks

So what happens to our crystals and tears/exp caused from constant and unavoidable crashes in mobs?

Because several times per day i/we have to tempt fate trying to grind and progress

8. MindsEye

Yeah this is ongoing since a few patches ago for me. Had a ticket open ever since. Been trying this and trying that. I wonder if there is some point an actual developer gets involved. You know someone that was involved in the patch creation that started this and does developer things. Maybe because they are in Korea and we are in NA they don't talk to us? Just seems like some major disconnect...too soon?

9. Biinge

Am still getting this - I think it is a memory leak because it happens after a while of play - it's faster to happen if I travel around on my horse, slower to happen if I stay still (i.e. fishing).. Do you guys have any crash logs for this, or is there anyway I can find one in my installation to help send in?

To reproduce this - just login and ride your horse across the map to visit the various big cities... after a while (~30 minutes) the screen will stutter, it will hang for a few seconds (like an exception is getting caught), then the whole game shuts down with no errors or anything.

10. Keladin

I've replaced the lightfx, I've re-installed video drivers, I've client repaired, all that good stuff. Still D/C'ing every 15~ minutes, can't do anything, had a value pack on and this problem has completely blown out the time on it. This issue needs immediate attention lol

11. DrJeckel

Still no fix to this issue!?! Boat patch...then game crashes, fixed for a week after that then back to being broken for 3 weeks now. What does it take to get you to fix a critical problem like this?
    Game even crashes when minimized to tray so that means, we who have this problem don't get to fully participate in the fishing event...not really fair for us and knowing how poor customer service is with this game...there will be no compensation or extension after it's fixed, just brushed under the rug and forgotten about.

[​IMG]

RustyNail likes this.
  12. dabidek

even after this i crash upon entry

Kazza likes this.
  13. Anistiel

I have that screen after some seconds playing

Attached Files:

14. MindsEye

Some days are better than others. This morning it crashes within 5 minutes. 2 days ago it was just 3 times in an entire day. I used to crash ZERO times in 2 years. Seems like either a server problem or more likely a database issue for certain players in a certain SQL instance (or whatever DB back-end database they use). The nightly index jobs are maybe failing/not running at all. It just seems more like DB performance and struggles that perhaps got exasperated a few patches ago.. I was told Devs are looking into which gives me some hope for the future of playing. Can we get some compensation for not being able to fish this event? I usually clear 1.5 billion easy on fishing event, but not this time. Ill be lucky to get 1/3 of that.

15. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

I'm getting crashes when entering Battle Arena. T_____T seems that this patch broke something

16. Barabbas

I am still getting those random crashes too. The game just closes randomly without anyway to identify what is causing it. I have re-installed, deleted files etc. Seems random but must be related to lighted devices that interact with the game. I have tried turning those off and still crashes randomly.

17. Andaro

Ambassador

Hey there o/
    If you are having crashing issues, please make sure to send in a tech ticket with your game logs attached. Even if a GM is not able to resolve your specific case (and they will try their best) they need those logs to send off to PA so they can be analyzed at the engine level.

Be sure to only send in the current weeks worth of logs when you attach the zip file

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000291729

Barabbas and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Avonna

does this have anything to do with crashes to desktop from red battle field?

19. MindsEye

If you have Alienware Command Center installed, uninstall it completely!!! I fixed two different computers like this. You may need Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it fully, but regular uninstall may work. Cheers!!

20. Kazza

I'm now having the same issue, I can't even get in now. Has been crashing for the last couple of hours and now I can log in and it crashes even before it loads. I think I'll give this game a rest for a while.