1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESL fresh player tourney winner.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Knisheffy, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i looked up that stream, and i was curious why they were constantly giving their rage to the opponent. i thought that is something new untill the moderator says "thats not supposed to be there". are they inviting random ppl to fight each other in that whatever champion ship? why that guys constantly fail so bad in basic gameplay stuff? then i red the newbie stuff.
    but what kind of representation is this in the end? its awful to watch for real player. and this game has no bussines in serious ESL

btw why this girl look like a mystic

#41 Wollbert, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Schönfeld and Tvvin like this.
  2. Spartakatz

big words from Mr. "I don't want to use preawakening skills at all" lol. dude, you're absolutely not qualified at all to judge any class in BDO, even at the slightest.

Crimson_Scarlet and Tvvin like this.
  3. Tvvin

*Watches clip*

Seems about right.

4. Spartakatz

There you have it, official explanation. Ninja is easily beaten by using circumstantial AoE.

Also, pick warrior right now to have a very good class :)

(just watched first 10 mins, looking forward to seeing the rest)

5. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

E-sport ready. Just don't forget to take off your glasses so you can perfect the technique.

7hpUZ1G.gif

#45 Sheky, Sep 24, 2018
  6. Spartakatz

Just watched the whole thing, had a few good laughs lol. My favorites:

"PvP alternative - tanky class, where your job is simply to run down the time and win a war by attrition"
    "Sorc is a very high risk class"
    "Warrior's skill ceiling is very low"
    "Ninja is very vulnerable to circumstantial AoE"
    "Full defense build, you're not doing any damage to it"
    "There's no class you can point at and say they're OP" (comoderator laughing)
    "Wizard does so much damage, you can't compare it with any other class"

And of course the best - that one dude explaining the mystic faceroll with "she's really advanced to the next level where she figured out animation cancelling", and the girl then explained she just wildly button mashed including menu popups and stuff LOL

ViktoryiaV likes this.
  7. 6footgeeks

i tried to watch the whole thing. i really did, found my but clenched and face grimaced similar to when i watch my own year 1 month 1 PvP vids.

Honestly tho. no one complains about a classes skill floor, which is what this video is about. complains, justified or not are about classes at mid to high level skill play and their effectiveness at them.

if anything you need to wait till the now RS equlised tourney to come out before making these posts

8. Netreiam

Oh man, RS equalized tourney is going to be hilarious.

9. Spartakatz

well the fights weren't that interesting, more the comments from the "pros" which more than once lacked some realism ;)

whenever someone got no damage because enemy did autoattack they described it as "tanky" class even if it melted in next fight. whenever someone did good damage it was a "high damage" class.

Equalised tourney between very good players would indeed be interesting. But I can almost surely foresee that the winners will be described as "those classes are designed for 1vs1" and such, while we had explanations even in patch notes to make classes survivability similar ("same amount of protected skills in tree"). Still have no clue if the devs want to create certain class roles, or not (with witchards PA+heals being an exception from that).

10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

in a battle of players who do nothing but randomly press buttons, mystic is indeed the superior class as you can get away with it against players who have no idea of the game. against players who actually know how to pvp, which sadly is only a small part in this game, you can't do that.

11. Beeso

YenShiKwan-48-b.jpg

Blackhearted and Xenon like this.
  12. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

The AUDACITY of these Nerds trying to Defend Mystic, L O fking L
    They're in Denial like a MF. Hahaha!

Maginha likes this.
  13. Maginha

Defending would be kiiinda ok, but they come up with things like: myst needs a dmg buff!!! I giggled

Blackhearted likes this.
  14. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Wow. I have no words for the Mystic-is-bad-still-in-denial camp. Man, I'm so glad I quit this pos game. So glad.

15. Rayin

Tournaments are a representation of player skill as much watching documentaries about surgeries is a representation of your skills as Surgeon, you can do good in a game, but when it comes to do a real Surgery it doesn't mean that you'd know everything for real, you'd know the name of the surgical tools, the name of the veins & artheries you're touching, how they react to a cold or hot tool, to which organ or main vein/arthery are connected and how to repair one if you pierce it, cut it or it just breaks apart for a fat plaque.

I didn't see Oneuproad in those tournaments and he was the best Warrior EU for many during pre PvP changes, Scooby that was one of the best Warrior just did 1 or 2 tournaments out of plenty, a lot of Ninja in those tournaments like Doomz are really good but are far from being the top as there are others that do much better and win even mirror matches.

Tournaments are really the last tool to judge the ability of a character at its full potential.
    If you pick X class that partecipates and win often against Y characters at Tournaments for a certain amount of times, then you can make some sense saying that this class probably is suitable for that scenario, but you can't tell that Tamer for example is underpowered because only one single Tamer partecipated after 2 tournaments and got roflstomped by other players because the supposed "Top player" lost to other "Top players".

Top players often do not partecipate because they don't have enough gear to compete in a trade damage fight against people with 270+ AP, their rig isn't as performing as others or because they don't give a shìt about a Tournament, even if you win 1k $.

#55 Rayin, Sep 24, 2018
  16. kakodaimonos

Wait...
    BDO 1v1 at ESL?

[​IMG]

Beeso likes this.
  17. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

u killed me XD

18. Pavo

So, hold on here, they put up some "pretty blond" and all of a sudden everything she said is relevant and true?

Jesus, she is some damn "model/ actress" getting paid to troll you guys and look how many gobbled it up.

Blitzball likes this.
  19. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

So whats the excuse when its equalized.

You can only come up with so much bs before you just look stupid.

20. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Actually shes a streamer.

Just pointing it out.

What she said isn't wrong though lol. The joke is that everything we have been saying was basically reiterated by someone who knows nothing about the game and literally played for all of 30 minutes at most haha.

Keep pretending though I guess?