1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Server Issues 14/06/2019 [DDoS Attack]

Discussion in 'Support Announcements' started by GM Salome, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChusteNebo

I guess they forget to disable autoposting in Twitter. Yeah, this was a mistake in such situation.

And servers still not ok.
    Got disconnect after one minute.

the_reaper and iSpanikaS like this.
  2. Dejan

3. iSpanikaS

Yeah, got in, chat was empty, 3min. later got disconnected again....

4. [Disband] Mescale

Same here, tryed once more 1mn ago then, 40sc later => disconnected.
    I don't think it's worth trying again tonight.
    Sweet dreams!

5. Di_Chen

Sorry guys, but we didn't buy enough pearls to get a decent service.

Ruffe likes this.
  6. the_reaper

whats the point in attacking BDO its not like he will get anything from it

7. Rachelion

Rachelion Rachnael Lahn 62 EU

WELP, I guess the servers are dying every 5 minutes now still :D yeey

8. the_reaper

is it still not fixed?

9. asvenice

Still broken D:<

10. Risu

Well got a couple fishing quests done and made it back to main land and ..... disconnected.

Next login talked to a couple people and ....disconencted.

Definetly not fixed.

#290 Risu, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  11. Kiyelva

Seriously now, this is just stupid, there is no f-ing way you can take this long.
    Are you guys never thinking about backup plans and stuff?
    Like Holy ****, i mean, im kinda pissed about the Value Pack and Kama i used literally 1 1/2 Hours before this happened but no i dont want Compensation.
    You guys should hire some real experts and invest in first of all better servers to fix more of the desync and some better protection before thinking about more Content, maybe stable out your Game before bringing more Content.

And before some braindead White-Knight hits, i worked for a mid-size Gaming Company some Years ago and i know how annoying DDoS can be, especially if its a Person with brain, knowledge and the capability to DDoS a lot, but being DDoSed for so long without even slight improvement just shows your Team needs better People and your Servers need better Protection.

We dont pay to get this kind of ******** and i payed more than enough to demand a good use of our money. But we still have the desync problems from like 2 Years ago and the Servers could still be improved a lot.

Finally do some important serverwork instead of pushing out Content like its no tomorrow.

Deathity, LucidDelirium and Ruffe like this.
  12. Veoh Techstarify

Hoestly said, even If I acccidently pulled the internet cable or what ever, if this screen appeared, it longs as long as you end this game yourself.
    It never worked to reconnect since this screen is existing.
    So.. if you got this screen you can immediatelly close the game and start anew.

Btw. I paid for it, too, even 50bugs at release...
    No one could have known they were become disperate to get new players they even giving access for free, or at least 5€.
    I badmouthed this, too.
    But at least you got some items like T3 horse with flute and pet (even if at beginning T3 had bit higher value as nowadays)

13. ALO

ALO

After that fiasco, if we don't get a new server provider with better servers and service ... PA better to cancel Kakao contract, EU servers are a joke since the start and LeaseWeb is ... no comment D:<

LucidDelirium and Ruffe like this.
  14. FarmerOak

It’s money or competence… and it comes down to their Pen testing

Scenarios if the Pen test passed:

1. There was a low bar for passing because they are willing to allow DDoS attacks of a certain level to get through, they are willing to accept the projected loss in customers as they will generate less revenue than the cost of better defended servers

2. The IT BA they used was incompetent in arranging the Pen test and/or instructions for the Pen test

3. The PM did not get the right stakeholders to sign off on the Pen test before and/or after it was carried out

Scenarios if the Pen test failed:

4. The team decided that time and/or budget would not allow for improvements/changes and a re-test, a decision was made that they will risk losing customers, hopefully they at least projected the number of lost customers

So what is happening?

Well… the messages that are being communicated are:

DDoS attack has stopped for now. The team will keep monitoring the servers.

CM Servantes Thursday at 10:07 PM

The EU servers are suffering another DDoS attack.

CM Servantes Thursday at 10:15 PM

DDoS attack has stopped for now. Our team will continue to monitor the servers for further issues.

CM Servantes Thursday at 10:50 PM

[NOTICE] UPDATE: EU servers are under attack again. Please fold your trays and brace for turbulence.

GM Salome / Death Friday at 6:02 PM

So, what we can take from this is that, they are just riding out the DDoS attacks. There are no mentions of improvements.

If you are butthurt because you lost AFK grind, died and lost exp, crystals… time… your loss is acceptable. Unless the number of people leaving beats the projections causing them to re-analyse their cost/benefit on improving defences then re-Pen testing, expect more of the same.

So it’s best just to ‘meh’ the entire thing and play something else when the 9 years olds successfully bring down their servers.

… and if they haven’t done correct Pen testing, or if they haven’t completed something like an FMEA, or if they don’t have projections… I suggest they rather quickly employ some more experienced and senior IT staff/IT contractors

15. Kiyelva

How about you Guys give us any Updates? I Mean.. why are you guys even having Community Managers if we dont even get a little Update on the Stuff happening?

16. Rossleen McDRagon

The last statement of BDO is more than 15 hours ago ... i was afk-fishing whole night without dc. I started with playing at 5.45 am this morning. Made my daily-round in Kamasilve (Ronaros, Manshaum, Fadus) ... no problem for me, no lagg, no dc ... about 10 people in guild are playing too, no problems until now ...

17. Moonicha

currently no lags or problems. i Play at 06.00 am this morning

18. Eccentric

Guys, the issue is still persisting.

Currently disconnecting from Olvia.

[​IMG]

19. Rossleen McDRagon

currently some laggs while sailing and manual fishing

20. Kiyelva

Glad PA has just 0 Transparency towards the Community.. srsly, take a look at what CDPR does, they are so close to the Community as you guys should be, i mean the Community Managers have NOTHING To do with the Serverwork, still we dont get any Updates on if it they are getting closer, if it will still take time, im being honest, i dont really care about the DDoS at all, im just pissed about the way you guys are handeling it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.