1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Territory and Node War Chronicles

Discussion in 'Server Chat and Guild Alliances' started by Rinel, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Kry

Kry

- censored -

#5941 Kry, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. TD2

TD2

ExodusCompany vs Buccaneers(35?) vs GGWP vs DarX (45) vs Orca (19)
    We had Orca really close to us so had to take them out first. They had an awesome flanking team that kept disrupting us on offense. Took us a while but eventually we finished the job. Think we were attacking with 30 people vs their 19.
    Then buccaneer came and proved to us that gear is important but not close to being everything.
    Really well played by them their regrouping and decision making is spot on.
    Well played to both guilds.

Hansel123 likes this.
  3. Pyrolyse

Behr Riverhead (T1)

Pyrolyse(19), Pants Raiders(ca50), Tempest(ca35), Karmageddon(25), Kuolema(?), TheJunkies(ca30)

Node got liberated.

Rinel likes this.
  4. Twofun

Node: Pilgrim's Sanctum: Fast (T1)

DRAW

FateAwaits (37)
    vs Blue (27) vs Landsharks (?) vs Urna (20+) vs Tangra (20+) vs ProfaNation (25+) vs Jokers (?) vs RainingHostias (25+)

We (FateAwaits) were in a kind of triangle of Tangra/RainingHostias/ProfaNation. All three guilds allied together and went for an attack on our base. They managed to wipe our buildings alot of times but we could hold strong. Our tower went not under 80%. We hold 1hour+ against these guilds and while we hold Blue/Landsharks managed to take down Jokers and after that they released a bit of pressure from us taking Tangra down with a couple of ours.
    After we got only two guilds attacking us we wiped Profanation and attacked their base with Urna. With like ~10 minutes left all remaining guilds had fun and just zerged a bit until the nodewar finished.

GG and WP to all guilds.

Rinel likes this.
  5. Hansel123

Hansel123 Valkyrie EU

Thanks for the compliments, you did some good attempts to counter our sandwiching as well though. :)
    You forgot Confusion btw. Their fort was pretty close to us in the start. We killed them while Exodus was pushing us, then focused on TEC next.

We were 33 today, good fight!

Lemonade likes this.
  6. Mix0l0gist

Jokers had 22 people, and we turtled for 1,5 hour from Urna, Blue and Landsharks :)

7. Sneakapeak [Murgurgula]

Lynch Ranch (T1 - 2 week unoccupied)
    Kamasilve (26), Oldskool, Standby, Desillusion, NoFace, OrdoTeunonicus
    Winner: Oldskool

We were build on the far West side of the node-war area, with Oldskool right next to our base. On the opposing side, north-east of Heidel, Standby and Desillusion had set up camp. Before the node war we had arranged with Oldskool to have a 1v1, as we did not get the chance on Balenos on Saturday.

Right from the start we decided to go for Desillusion, and this is where the majority of the fighting happened. It took us about 50 minutes, utilizing town-respawns for the first 30 mins, to take them down with constant pressure on their base. They held up well, with NoFace just beside them, keeping a couple of them busy simultaneously. With a couple clean wipes and spawn timers being 30-40 seconds we did some chopping and prevent repairs as much as possible.

After Desillusion fell, we quickly cleaned up NoFace, which only had ~15 people and joined Oldskool versus the Standby-zerg. Oldskool had already taken out OrdoTeunonicus, and kept Standby at their base. As we joined to sandwich Standby their buildings fell, and with a flag nearby we were able to make quick work of their fortress.

The final showdown between ourselves and Oldskool was pretty one-sided and they quickly pushed us back on defense. Their coordination and epic elephant stomping got the better of us, and we had a hard time getting a solid engage on them. Time to watch the recordings, go over the tactics, learn and improve for the next time we meet!

Good fighting, glad we got an hour of one-on-ones before we had to get into the dirty sandwiching business!
    <Kamasilve>

#5947 Sneakapeak [Murgurgula], Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Dizaster, Lemonade, Rinel and 5 others like this.
  8. BoeseWicht

BoeseWicht Wizard 62 EU

Cron Castle (t3):

Sovereign(40+40) vs Echo(30ish) vs Prismatic(60ish) vs snipe

We split up into two groups of 40 ppl each.
    One team took out Echo & the snipe tower while the other team fought prismatic.
    Echo team finished first and started to RP at prismatic base while watching the fight.
    Ended after around 30-40 mins

gg wp

Rinel, WuZhao and Moustik like this.
  9. Moustik

We were 47 from ECHO. Gg !

WuZhao likes this.
  10. Ileara

You guys almost had me...

[​IMG]

11. Julianiscomplaining

[​IMG]

12. Miiz

Miiz Miiz Wizard 62 EU

Sovereign arent loosing much because of this siege, that was opportunity for everyone for great fight but sadly server couldnt take it. Not like we beat someone starving for payouts. How can anyone complain anyway if there are 2 guilds on EU that are completly Payout carried with 500kk per week. And for once after this we had nice 1v1 siege tournament on valencia :D I would love to see medium guilds alliancing and going mediah or valencia alone. With SIege scene dead like this that 2 guilds get 2 billions of money per month for afking the game its already huge diffrence between every Guild. And yeah so many ppl came for Sov cuz thats how much respected that Guild is.

#5952 Miiz, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  13. Gibson

Don't take my following post the wrong way, Djules, because I understand what you wish to achieve and I don't have anything against you (I like your stream), but I also have some concerns for what you are really achieveing here.

I'm afraid you are not going to "save" any siege scene, but rather kill it and make it become more like the NA lagfest that we have seen turn into a **** show that make guilds/players quit, and it doesn't look fun for anyone participating, not even the winners (I have spoken to members of your own guild Leviathan, and I am well aware that not everyone is a big fan of your philosophy towards winning sieges, so I don't think it's just me).

Djules, you put together 8 guilds...Eight...
    8 guilds, to attack 1 guild in valencia (and it's already known that it was pre-arranged for you to get the castle as long as you help them back later in return).

Making alliances is part of the game, and I have nothing against it, I definately understand why some guilds have to pick that route.
    But there is something called "don't go completely overkill and ruin the goal".

When we (Enemy) got attacked in mediah by Leviathan (with sov) + Resilience and the 2 other guilds (4 total), it was fine because the game was still playable, even if some glitches happened.
    I had fun atleast, despite losing the castle in the end, because the game remained playable for those attending that saturday evening, because there wasn't 500 players packed together looking for a "good fight".

However, I do not understand the point of making a 8 guild alliance with 400 attacking players (you know it won't be playable), when in return it creates a zerg so overkill and big that it makes the entire fight that is anticipated, turn into a big unplayable lagshow that ruins the entire saturday night for everyone participating (and watching) the siege, including the "winners".

Who cares about winning a castle for 1 week if you had to suffer through hours of an unplayable mess on a saturday that isn't fun for anyone to get there? It was never a fight. It was just lag and bugged character models.

What does your own members in leviathan get out of this? Maybe 50-75 mill/player in incentives for 1 week? It's literally nothing.
    Is that really worth it, when the siege was an absolute dissapointment, your own guild members couldn't use abilities, and 400 players wasted their saturday for that?

Djules, if you think it's still worth it to ruin a siege for it in the future, then we can simply disagree, but then I still wonder why you even bother to play BDO on a saturday night if you play just to watch a slideshow for 2+ hours without being able to use your abilities or even play as a guild because of the lag created by your own doing, and ruining it for absolutely everyone participating in "your" siege.

On top of that it was decided that you would get the castle for free before the siege even started, resulting in a pointless fight afterwards (when the lag was finally better) without consequences because Leviathan would get the castle anyway.
    Where is the fun in that?

I'd rather grab some beer/drinks and go out than suffer through that mess on a saturday, especially if I was part of the guilds that helped you and had to walk home empty handed and only got a lot of lag out of it.

FYI, this GIF runs approximately 20x smoother than that siege you helped create to "save the scene".

[​IMG]

#5953 Gibson, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    lopezpower, Heedun, BuccaSorc and 4 others like this.
  14. Miiz

Miiz Miiz Wizard 62 EU

Dude you talk like lag was done on purpose, wtf u talk about. It wasnt expected to be that bad,

15. Gibson

You brought 8 guilds and planned to attack with 400+ players at the same time, what did you honestly expect?
    Everyone knew that fight was going to turn into a lagshow when there was 9 castles built.

16. Miiz

Miiz Miiz Wizard 62 EU

Tho mate what you say is wrong, podcast was very succesfull with valencia and most guilds admited they enyoyed. Lag was for first 30 min, after 2nd gate got down it was much beter and 1v1 fight was lag free. So speak for yourself not for everyone please.

qweqqi and Nmr like this.
  17. BANiSH

I'd argue the majority of people expected the server to crash. Close enough I'd say.

E: Lag stopped because the density of player models in the same place decreased I'd assume (spawn timers, regroups, etc.)

18. Miiz

Miiz Miiz Wizard 62 EU

Its all about militia system. Calpheon gets 6+ castles often but dynamics are diffrent ppl dont cooperate or are backstabiing and lagfest doesnt happen that much. With so many ppl in range it turned out to be what it was.

19. Slacktivist

Heey Gibson, long time no see. Kinda miss you at times, because you are such a nice and calm guy. Hope you are good. I want to put my two cents on the zergfest. Coming from a background of Strong 100man army in Grind, where practically the tactic was - "we are stronger, but just body throw with power, to Harmony we are 100man "we were strong, but now just sit and wait and don't wanna do anything about our situation. Lets collect as much as we can" to Enemy 50man "The greatest fights in Calpheon with 50man, no politics. Server forced us to grow after getting zerged for 2months, rubberbanding in bases." to Leviathan "We have great management and tactics, but still need politics else we get zerged like Calpheon and we ain't partically strong compared to real top guilds"...

I think you are a bit narrow-minded here, YES we don't need a lagNAfest-scene in EU - but you ain't doing much yourself to stand up for siege scene. Enemy is now a complete PvP guild, who doesn't want to siege. If you truly wanted fun and great fights - you would leave your pride at home and arranged the greatest 1v1 fights ever seen in BDO history - with Sovereign. But but just like when you sat in Harmony, Addicted and now Enemy - you just collect money. So please don't try and talk about a healthy siege scene. How many sieges have you had the past YEAR, lets try and count.

Harmony vs 3 guilds in Calpheon, Harmony vs Sovereign valencia, Addicted vs Sovereign x 2, Enemy vs Sovereign, Enemy vs Mercfestsadfest, Enemy vs Leviathan... I can't think of more. 7 sieges out of 52 possible come on dude. Just admit you don't care and thats fine - we all know sieges most of the time is boring fights with a rare moment of great fights - which can only happen more if you seek them and not just sit back and being self-righteous.

There are definitely things I don't agree with in Leviathan, which they know because I respect their hard work, so I go to them. BUT zerging down Sovereign was not one you can blame Leviathan on. Leviathan management have tried HARD to find 1 guild maybe even 2 to go 2v1 against both Enemy and Sovereign, but just like everyone else apparently in siege scene. @Odz rather do shady **** constantly to win, then actually having a great siege scene and fights...

https://soundcloud.com/kingeraser/odz

If we in EU want a healthy siege scene and not just pretend it is on US all to leave our pride at home and make it happen.. We can't just sit at expect it to happen... I imagine most guilds will see this or hear about it, so what I purpose is that you come together and arrange equal great and fun fights across the territories, I doubt this will ever happen but don't go a blame others when you are all to blame in your own way. As management players in all siege guilds. If you need me to do some kind of work, I gladly take my workload to help you.

Contact me on
    Slacktivist
    #7593 (Discord)

Ihaveadream :rofl:

20. PvtWiggles

I'm not sure why people are placing this on Djules' shoulders, this is a decision that was made by myself and the officer team, it started off with a smaller number of guilds but more wanted to get involved so it essentially turned into a "more the merrier" kind of approach, this was something that hasn't really ever been done on EU before (Maybe with the exception of the Addicted siege) but with the new Militia system we just wanted to try something different, was it massive overkill? Yes evidently it was but unfortunately we won't know how Sovereign would've actually performed due to the servers (I really didn't think it would be that bad).

Leviathan put in a massive amount of effort into organising this event and of course people weren't just going to turn up out of the kindness of their heart, some did but obviously not everyone would so deals/agreements had to be made but we have our own reasons for that and my guild have been made fully aware of our plans.

You're massively over exaggerating a ruined evening, for Sovereign yes, they had a bad time and I've already expressed that this wasn't my intention, I speak with several Sovereign members and truly wanted to give them a fun fight of being zerged and trying to hold the castle and every single one I spoke to was really excited, after Sovereign went down every guild involved had a good time fighting their own little pocket fights with an enemy of their choosing, Leviathan waited for VoS & Millennium to fight and then we took on the winner but it didn't last as long as we'd hoped (Due to spawn timers and other reasons).

Winning the castle is a great experience because you get the fun of defending it the following week, it's not even about the silver, sure it's nice but there are much better reasons to have a castle and I think it's a little Ironic an Enemy member complaining about "who cares about a castle" when you guys came straight back to Mediah the following week instead of chasing some good fights.

I Spoke to every guild at the end and had whispers from members of various guilds stating at how much fun the night was and how great it was to do something different, for them it wasn't about winning but just about being involved in something different, not every guild is like Enemy and Sovereign and can accomplish something like this on their own, we needed to band together and at the end of the day those guilds all got to have some good siege fighting at the end, for some of them this was their first time even having wooden fences around their base with the auto cannon towers!

The illusion that "Leviathan is saving the siege scene" is a massive meme at this point, of course we aren't saving the siege scene, Sovereign can just come back next week and kick us out and it all just goes back to how it was but the thing is that we like to do different things instead of turning up to the same circle jerk in Calpheon every week which simply relies on who gets ganged up the least to win, I truly wish more guilds would do what we did at Mediah and Valencia, not for the siege scene but just because its different and fun! I'd love to see a load of small guilds turning up at Valencia to attack us or a few serendia/balenos guilds coming to take us down because with this new militia system it is very much possible!

Anyway that's all I really had to say and I do hope that no has a bad taste in their mouth from Saturday's siege as that was never my or Leviathan's intention, my guild is my number one priority in BDO and keeping everyone happy and having fun within the guild is very important to me so we'll see what the future brings :)

Zubi, BadsLiteyear, Fesquera and 8 others like this.