1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Territory and Node War Chronicles

Discussion in 'Server Chat and Guild Alliances' started by Rinel, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Rayin

The new system just sucks, PA is trying to ruin hard the game with all they can.
    Now they took away part of the teamwork, ability and invidual skill of people by removing the ability to res others, that in some situations was detrimental (like when the cooldowns are really low) but it was fundamental when the cooldowns were high.

It could make the difference between two guilds with the same GS and numbers, now it'll just be a matter of pure bruteforce and who loses the least amount of members during NW as we all know that they're never 40 from the beginning and 40 in the end.
    Next step:

- Remove stun trap pls, they're unfair;
    - Remove cannons, one accidentally killed my father;
    - Remove structures, actually just let us beat the heck out of each other.

2. Schinrah

We (Bliss) saw that Paranoia was going to go down quick if all guilds kept going for them, also we rememberd a NW long ago where we fought 2vs5 together against some people we had beef with. So with nostalgia kicking after ~15-20min we thought that a better war could be had if we break the NAP's and fight a 2vs3 instead. Our diplomacy guy was supposed to tell you and Prismatic bout it before, but not sure wether or not that worked out. We didnt start attacking Prismatic for ~10min after we pulled away from Paranoia. On top of all that we had 0 clue how we would fare against pris/para/nec since we're T1 plebs and don't usually meet so abit of curiousity was also at play :3.

We had a very enjoyable war overall, we expected to get utterly r*ped but our lube lasted longer than expected :)

3. Vanspoon

Vanspoon Tamer 62 EU

actually in a 1v1 situation the most tactical side(if the numbers are close/ and the gs gap is not high) wins

Zephyraz likes this.
  4. Kjell

I asked something in the lines of "are u on paranoia?" and got answered "nay" and tried to understand what you guys were up to, got no response after that D:
    and yes KJL is my family name

5. Rayin

Or who has the best cannoneers (LK).
    Problem is exactly like that, removing odds from a fight isn't good imho.

6. DawnTime

Prismatic were 33 with a couple people joining late. We tried to tp play at the end as we didnt really saw the point in liberating the node after having a pretty good fight.
    GGs

Kjell likes this.
  7. Faoiltiarna

Faoiltiarna Tamer EU

So you think that this is good to let a guild that wins a 80v80 teamfight BY 10 PEOPLE suddenly resses up to 3/4 of their force while u still have over 1 min cd? This was basically why nearly equal guilds were destroying each other in siege. Wipe, res, axe. Without medkits u won't be able to res eveyone after teamfight and thus will be forced to regroup or push with much less force. I think this will bring more exciting fights and also will remove unfair adventage warriors and valks had with ressing during their block (that they didnt have to hold).

Irini likes this.
  8. Rayin

Yeah, if someone manages to res his fams and regroup and you let them, it's fair that they win.
    Even a cooldown too long is stupid imho.
    War and Valk ressing like that it's a matter of code, it's up to PA to fix making people stand still or nullifying certain actions when in block status, that's like making trina axe more clunky to prevent people from axing forts too quickly instead of adjust the damage of traditional weapons and Trina Axe itself, a change that doesn't make any sense to me.

#12848 Rayin, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  9. Rondane

Hexe Sanctuary (T2)

FinalEnemy (44) -
    Remix ( ~25?)

The time we found their base they already had rallied up near ours but retreated before we could push them.

Kept moving to their base and they couldn't manage to wipe us.

NW ended after ~ 20 mins.

GGWP

- FinalEnemy -

SavageDragon likes this.
  10. omiddo

You get all the money from the node as soon as you win the war. The taxes are lower because you can get up to 6 nodes every week.

11. Riiip

Riiip Hydreus Musa 60

[​IMG]

Paranoia POV
    Paranoia (34) Vs/+ Bliss (40) Vs/+Prismatic (35) + Necrotic (38) +Bloodwings (18ish?)

Basically we got tag teamed from the start, We saw Prismatic and Necrotic next to one another and figured they would ally the moment they spotted us on the node, which I later confirmed that Necrotic did indeed approach Prismatic for an alliance near the start. What I however did not expect was that Bliss was also approached by Necrotic. As for Bloodwings, I'm not sure if they were approached but they were on our base the entirity of the nodewar.

It seems Necrotic wanted to pull "Ye Ol' SPI" on us.

It took me about 22-25 minutes but Bliss was finally convinced that 4v1ing us down was a bit of a scummy move. Although I'll take it as a compliment that I was originally informed that they're more hopeful on their chances of 1v2ing Prismatic+Necrotic than 1v1ing Paranoia (Basically convinced them that after we were down the other 2 would be coming for them regardless).

Sadly by the time Bliss were brought on side we had nothing left in our base, and as such our elephants were never able to be sent to go destroy a base and possibly bring us back into the fight. After this Bliss went for Prismatic with the help of one of our 5 man squads whilst we held the best we could. Unfortunately with no recovery centres left and an inability to rebuild caused us to be unable to defend against Necrotics 38 man+Bloodwings 2v1 due to both sides having flags+all recovery centres up.

Had our bases annexes not been completely destroyed at war start by 90-100ish players we'd have put up a better fight. 1 hour 10ish was sufficient however. We'll get that 1v1 against Prismatic one day

Horstmann likes this.
  12. Nevie

Nevie Tadpole

Yikes, another small scale guild going above 30

F

13. Schinrah

We actually already had an offer for a 1vs1, so having to fight a 2vs1 or not wasn't much of a consideration for us, we just noticed quickly that 35 vs 120+ wasnt exactly an enjoyable experience, we have no beef with any of the guilds that were present. It felt like we were stumbling over each others feet with the amount of people at your base and it made no difference for us who we supposedly would 1vs1 or not since all options were about equally disadvantageous for us ;>

lorencon likes this.
  14. Zephyraz

that's stupid btw, i liked the res meta, it was really nice for the teamplay and yes it was probably lame for the lonely survivals that could res up an entire guild meanwhile the other guild had to wait but it was really fun and it gave a huge advantage on some 1v1 situation where both guilds had mostly the same streght, but ye i totally agree with vanspoon, now who have the tactical advantage win (and that imply stuntraps, cannons ecc..).

I like even the new flag cd, at all seems a good patch, if not for the res kit and for the t1 invasion that dont allow new guilds to join nodewar since t2 guilds into t1 nodewar probably will push t1 guilds in normal node leaving the initial planning of involving more guilds in the nodewar scene totally broken.
    But probably it's just the starting week since all the node got almost double money, or at least i hope is that, i really dont wanna run into normal nodes with almost 40 members attendance.

#12854 Zephyraz, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  15. Kjell

Bliss contacted me for a NAP against Paranoia, basically saying "okay we wont attack you". Then they stopped responding (probably after you convicned them) when I asked them what they were up to so...

16. Hennyman

Hennyman Warrior 61 EU

Northwestern Gateway - Conquest T2

Leviathan (26)
    vs SwordArtOnline (20-25ish) vs Aurion (snipe)

We sieged SAO's base from the start and took them out after 15-20 minutes, then proceeded to chop down the snipe

#12856 Hennyman, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    BadsLiteyear and Azuleja like this.
  17. Mountain Hound

I personally think we held off longer due to them not being able to med kit in our 1 vs 2. Usually when you are outnumbered you wipe one side of the base, go to the other side to fight the other guild and before you know it the other side has fully rezzed / med kit up.

I mean there were instances when we full wiped but they only had about 5-10 out of 38 that could push into / hit our tower.

Will need more NW to see if the new changes are actually ok. ATM these changes greatly favour the guilds that didn't rez before / spent 20 seconds working out which body on the floor they could rez :'D

SavageDragon likes this.
  18. Zephyraz

Costa Farm (t1)

LowKarma(43 at peak) vs Locusts vs Horadrims

After the yesterday rape we were a lot scared of getting paranoia or whatever other small scale hardcore guilds but we decided in anycase to place in a t1.

At the start we istantly focus Locusts since they were the biggest threat, they wiped twice and sent fastly their flank to our fort, we asked help to horadrims which told me that they would attack only when their elephant would have been ready (lol), Locust sent too many people to our fort so using glish as a respawn we managed to trade damage, the nodewar went for like 45 min or so trading damage and then turtle to repair but since we had the upper hand with numbers (thanks to our rougly 10 brand new players with less than 400 rs) we managed to get them down to 30%, at that point Horadrims charged us even with the elephant forcing us to retreat our flank and eventually to lose the momentum with Locust that at that point were almost fully defending. We got wiped twice again but they didnt managed to repair a lot so during the last push with our flank party we managed to take them down finally. Obviously we charged Horadrims Fort that had no defense but 2 barricade and an elephant nursery winning the node.

At last was a really enjoyable fight, im sorry for the numbers we're pulling out during the summer time i really didnt expect that much effort for a barely no effort guild.

p.s. do someone know why in the node there was only 70k instead of having like 300kk since it was free for 1 week almost?

19. Vanspoon

Vanspoon Tamer 62 EU

Valencia Plantation(T1)
    DeSync(37) v Blue(30ish) v TrashPanda(20ish)

DeSync POV:
    Not much to say.
    We send a party to TrashPanda, as our main raid defended against Blue.
    Blue found an opening as we were taking down TP and took down some annexes, but stuff escalated quickly and we moved to their fort which was close to TP's.
    Total NW time: 27 mins

GGWP to everyone.
    I guess new system is kinda messy.

Ramonna,
    Lord and Savior of DeSync
    [​IMG]

because they were autocollected the moment the last fort went down.

20. Zephyraz

ye i was editing my post since i realized yet that lol