1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Valencia Siege 03.31.2018 - Why there's no announcement about the siege?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Incursion, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Mountain Hound

The guilds fighting in Serendia/Balenos said they still encountered lag.

TBH they need to get rid of the militia system. To me the lag got alot worse when guilds could stack and not kill each other. They should remove militia system until they can find a way to fix siege lag and find a way to bring it back later.

R.Prescott likes this.
  2. Epitafios

There are not many mmos if any that can handle so many ppl in one place but it was a perfect showcase on how bad servers are and the bad siege mechanics that allowed that to happen even if the game cant handle it. More than 10k ppl show this server meltdown live on twich. I dont want magic solutions and fix it in a day but at least i want the company to communicate with the playerbase and tell as how they plan to fix this at least to tell us the rodmap if there is any.

3. Jeoul

IMO this wasn't about proving they should be able handle X amount of players (it would be nice if they could), but its to address the Devs comments that EU servers have been fine when in fact a month/ afew weeks ago, EU have sieged in 'normal' circumstances (11guilds) and the same **** happened that NA experienced. Yet they were addressed by devs but nothing on EU back then. So they were just making abit of noise to get their attention to look back at the clips and still call EU servers 'fine' ... siege monitoring team btw..

Kenwulf and R.Prescott like this.
  4. Failbot

The distance from where people connect to the games server shouldnt affect the stability of those servers. It should and does affect the players latency, which is normal. But the servers shouldnt be crashing and make the entire game unplayable even if all those 27 guilds connected from Australia.

5. Mountain Hound

I'm from London, I use to play on the NA server and had 150-200 ping and now play on the EU server and have 10-20 ping. Both servers I suffered the same desync / lag and crashes so I agree its definately server side.

6. T800

#46 T800, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  7. Failbot

Yeah but but we arent talking just about lag. We are talking about servers crashing, constant DC cycles and literally unplayable amount of desync.

We experience servers crashing even during normal NWs now and then, med1 crashed on us like... 2-3 weeks ago? it has nothing to do with where people connect from, it has to do with the fact that the provider Kakao uses for EU servers is garbage, unstable and simply cannot handle any significant amount of people.

And this also brings up one big issue, and probably why nothing will change. Kakao probably signed a multi-year contract with leaseweb and are now stuck with it for the forseeable future, just like we are.

R.Prescott likes this.
  8. Lukasz

lol you have 0 clue... the gameservers (probably VMs on a single server) are utter trash and offer not enough bandwidth -> pay more for more bandwidth and we would be good (extremely simplified) but kakao are greedy fks

stop sucking cashcaos d***** and get a brain, 20+ forts should not break endgame that was and is advertised as beeing ENDGAME
    war against 2-3 others in siege is no fun siege should always be a massive epic battle

9. MediahCheck

No need for an announcement since it was all staged

T800 likes this.
  10. Epitafios

Name a game that can handle more than 2k ppl in one area with no problem.The servers are shiet but lets dont ask for the impossible here.Publishers must find better server provider asap and changes must be done to siege mechanics to prevent things like that to happen again, for example a siege participant only channel or reduce the number of ppl that can take part.

T800 likes this.
  11. Epitafios

Also try to behave civilized and calm down or you gonna give them an excuse to close this post.IIm sick of ppl behave like this and then wonder why the posts closed.

T800 likes this.
  12. DarkBever

I see they hired some white knights to respond. [​IMG]

SuzyIdle likes this.
  13. Epitafios

Damn those ppl they destroy the games with their funboism. Where are they point me at them.

14. Guts

The fact they didn't even make a statement makes two possible scenarios:

1) They are trying really hard to figure out how to deal with this bad PR
    2) They are a trash company that doesn't give a flying **** as lag exists since game launch and they did absolutely nothing to fix it

But not even mentioning the issue for EU while making compensations and **** for NA is just a huge slap in the face.
    People don't want compensation you idiots, we want working servers.

15. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

It's definitely the first one. They know all eyes are on them after that NA fiasco and flat out denying EU had issues before

16. Epitafios

I prefer a proper respond even if it takes some time rather a hasty "we monitor the situation"

17. Ricardo

Ricardo Mystic 61 EU

I guess we all prefer a proper respond and rather wait a little longer for one. But we have had this lag issue for months upon months both on NA and EU. Lately we had a lot of sieges on EU that were just unplayable. ManUp gets sieged with a immense amount of guilds, the game is unplayable and over 10k people watched it on Twitch. That one incident was needed for them to acknowledge there was a problem that siege on NA.

We linked them hunderds of simulair clips from EU, sent tickets regarding this issue but all we got was a “EU servers are fine”. Well clearly it isn’t and it hasn’t been for months. People gathered and the servers couldnt handle it, lots of clips are going around and it was broadcasted for thousands to watch and they still seem to ignore EU.

18. Epitafios

As a said above i hope this live on twich server meltdown force them give a solution or start communicate better with the playerbase.I cant predict how they will react or if they do something but i can wait a few days to se what will happen.

19. Ricardo

Ricardo Mystic 61 EU

Sure, we are already waiting for months so a few more days won't hurt. Would be a huge slap in the face if there's no response at all

20. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

A lawsuit under US law is much scarier and more dangerous than one under European law (whichever state it may be). This is why they compensate NA and dont give a **** about EU.

However, I dont understand how anyone can say yesterday's performance is irrelevant because it was deliberately caused. If you want to show something, well, you have to show it. And changes will have absolutely no negative impact on anyone.

Furthermore, for stress tests you use a larger number of players than what would usually participate in sieges. The low number of sieging guilds is already a result of their mismanagement so it should be higher. But even in the current situation it is not unrealistic that 8 guilds fight for the same castle. That would mean 800-1000 people. For a respective stress test I would use 1000 to 1500 players. And this is probably the number of players from yesterday (since a lot of guilds only had a few participants). And if we look at KR (as MountainHound mentioned), they have way larger numbers and it works fine for them - the engine was clearly built for more.