1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[EU] Y'all need to chill, seamonster hunting is fine

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Karmek, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Where did I say they shouldn't be as geared? Don't put words in my mouth thanks. I said there should be incentive to grind because it makes them gain levels as well as skill points, that way they can participate in PvP. The more people making pvp a part of their play the better given how dead siege/nw was and still is.
    And again you don't address the fact that seahunting being contested and grindy does not change the fact you put in less time/silver investment for the same return as softcap+ geared player who put months and months into getting that gear. Why are you dodging that fact?
    Enhanced gear drops are not at all reliable and barely bump up the average silver per hour for most people. Myself I have never had anything but normal drops for accessories. Why should someone put in a few weeks to make a boat to make 80m per hr versus a grinder who put in months and months of dealing with hellish rng to get to an ap lvl his class can grind hytria effectively? The rewards are incredibly skewed for seahunting.

2. Karmek

660mil for 2 people in 4 hours
    330mil each
    330 / 4 = 82.5mil per hour
    82.5 x 40% = 33mil per hour after payout

I don't see any issue here.

3. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Cron stones is a nice money sink, actually a very viable way when pushing certain items to PEN, like peroping the other day who burned over 10 billion in cron stones. Buying memory fragment scrolls from market to gain them and burn them on failed enhancing attempts is money sink, enhancing success rate% is against you so the game will drain players of more silver than what they gain.
    MONEY SINK (since you like capslock).

4. Karmek

Not to mention the money sunk into getting a viable Cron'able stack.

I swear people are just really out of touch with how much it costs to progress in lategame if they consider 60mil per hour average at toptier sailing too much.

You don't want other people to catch up = You don't sell your accessories or TET/PEN gear, that's pretty much the only way at this point.

5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Dude, literately go and learn what inflation is. There is no point to even discussing with you. I do see you point - you want for free stuff, turning game in "The division" like style where you can get everything in a couple of hours, but you have 2016 reg date. How have you been playing this game before. You not asking for remove inflation but you asking to "rain of free stuff".
    So you saying that this is ok that only those who do seamonster payouts should have access to buying scroll ? Because as more people start doing this less people will generate scroll.

Aevisyo likes this.
  6. Karmek

I will repeat it again, why is inflation an issue if preorders are a perfect moneysink according to your logic.

7. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

What I am saying right now is that you are making your own interpretations?! I quoted the guy who said enhancing wasnt a money sink and calling out people for being stupid. Where exactly in my post do I state what you just said? Now I am saying dont be a potato

8. AtomicPotato

Because no other activity in BDO generate so much money. You can't just create an silver only generation that surprise everything existed before it in multiple times, while request nothing.
    If seamonster generated memed 25/h everything would be ok, as its ok to generate 25mil/h ( not really if its only silver).
    But seamonster hunting generate 100+m/h with any progression request - you need only ship.
    This is topic about how seamonster hunting superior to any other activity, not about money sink. Money sink apply to everything. But only seamonsters generate this insane amount of silver. ( raw silver - not scrolls you can sell, no accessories, no blackstone, its just silver).

Aevisyo likes this.
  9. Karmek

No other activity creates so much money ? Are you out of your mind ? Take a loot at the maths done above, 33mil per hour is completely fine.

That 100mil+/hr number you have in your head is COMPLETE ********. You can't make that without third party software over a 100hr+ sample. It's impossible. The odds of it happening are close to looting 1 Tungrad Necklace every two hours at Hystria.

Oh and to address the question about how I've been playing the game : I started playing in 2016, softcap multiple times, 46 PEN attempts total, PEN Dande, TET Ogre, TET Basi, TET Crescent, blew up TRI Tungrads though.

None of this was acquired with seahunting, and you don't see me complaining about sea hunting. No siege payouts either.

10. Karmek

Hell, 33mil per hour is achievable on a 3 days old account with T3-4 pets at Sausans uncontested.

11. Srich

@Karmek are you that rng carried maewha that just brag about his pen dandy and tet ogre whole day in server chat?

Btw this discussion is very ridicolous.. ppl are getting salty cuz alot of plebs got 1 or 2B with termian event.. sea monsters hunters are salty because more ppl are starting to do that **** which will be nerfed very soon.
    So far all i can see its that everyone has a reason to be salty AF and talking about inflation in a game has no sense.

12. LightsOut

NO those are NOT MONEY SINKS as the silver just gets transferred from one player to another. Every time your silver buys something from another player (marketplace) your silver gets transferred not removed from the game.

Money sinks are only thins that REMOVE SILVER FROM THE GAME PERMANENTLY. Everything else INCREASES the overall supply of SILVER leading to more INFLATION.

On the other hand blowing up accessories contributes to inflation even more as there are LESS GOODS FOR SALE, while SILVER KEEPS INCREASING.

13. Karmek

RNG carried ? Lol, I'd like you to come and watch me enhance. I just have a much larger sample size on stuff because I can afford the artisans.

1 / 46 PEN
    3 / 11 TET accessories
    This is VERY average

Not mentioning TRI/DUO because I can't keep track, I just know I failed DUO Nouver 49 times in a row at some point (which is a 1/23'000'000 chance of it happening)

14. Qigang

Qigang Qigang DarkKnight 61 NA

I was getting carried by her. If I would've been separate, she still would've made the same amount, but only would've had to stop for some more repairs every now and then.

Your calculation also has a small flaw in it. Sure; in that week you would have been obtaining 40% of the payout, but in the weeks afterwards, you will be getting the rest of the money recursively anyway. The numbers below are more accurate:

600M each (let's say she had to repair a bit more) in 4 hours.
    600/4 = 150M per hour.
    A sum of: 60M per hour after the first payout, 36M per hour at the 2nd payout, 21.6M at the 3rd payout etc. etc.

The longer you stay with the same guild, the more you'll get back over time of the payout you've contributed towards. Now look at guilds like BDONavy or DeadSerious in NA, who have pretty much oriented their guild and payouts fully towards sea monster hunting, and you won't be running into 10s or 100s of mils, but instead crazy inflated payouts of over 5B in a single week on members that worked their assess off to get a T10 pay. At that point, money will be starting to lose its value unfortunately.

I am not saying that this is a free ride, nobody is saying that. However, when Hystria hackers were made to be a big deal because of their 200M per hour income, they weren't "riding free" either. They still had to grind that money in order to get their gains, but it was ALOT easier to them due to the hacks they were able to utilize. Now in this case, it's not a hack, but an actual game mechanic doing the exact same thing.

The Koi/Octopus events are different as to where these were events; they were temporary and they didn't bring in such a ginormous amount of money either. They seemed to be a lot weaker too; fish for an entire event of 3-4 weeks and you get a bil and a half instead of being able to produce that on a daily basis when sea monster hunting.

15. AtomicPotato

So all you logic is based on "100+m/h" not real ?Maybe its not real for you ? Or maybe its real and you try to make it look like its not real ?
    1 Candidum/Nineshark drops around 15mil guild funds, i can kill 10 of them in 1h. And there is a chance of even getting 100mil drop from it.
    All you discussion based on that you can't farm 100mil/h so no one can ? I can't farm 50mil/h hystria as my GS sux, but i can do 100mil/h seamonsters.

16. ambyentlight

They need to atleast make it so speed ram and insta turn hacks do not work as payouts when not useing them is far less.

17. LightsOut

Except, 60 mil now can buy you what 25 mil could buy you a few months ago because everything else also increased in price, so your 60 mil are actually worth more like 25, because with 60 mil you can preorder 7 sharps (yes they go for 8 mil on preorder) and just a few months ago you could buy 7 sharps with 25 mil.

Pirates is still ****, just the numbers you are seeing on your screen are bigger and retards will think it is now great to grind pirates when in fact it will be just as bad as it was before.

18. Qigang

Qigang Qigang DarkKnight 61 NA

Oh it's possible. It definitely is and it's definitely possible to make way more. There is some strategy involved in fighting a sea monster solo and finding the correct types of sea monster and their spawn locations. Your ship gear also matters. But once you get that down efficiently, those numbers become a reality.

19. Karmek

She would have been gated by weight, not repairs. She would have had to go and stop twice as much, effectively making the hunt twice as time consuming (maybe not twice, let's say 30-40% less money/hour).

Flawed too, guildfunds get taxed on a percentage basis every week. Calculating the exact "breakeven" point will depend on how much the guild can yield per active member weekly. One person slacking will nerf the "payout maximal amount before breakeven".

Again, %based hardcap after a long time of consistent seahunting requiring an entire guild effort to keep up with that hardcap.

Crazy inflated or not, if you put in 10 hours a day grinding Hystria, you will get 3.5 - 6bil. The more time you invest, the more you make.

Again, if it's an ingame mechanic that's not putting your account at risk of getting banned, what stops you from putting in as much effort as these guys do ?

100 people getting 15bil over 3 weeks vs. 3000-4000 people getting 1-2bil --- I don't see how you can think the issue is on the guys spending time actively playing the game...

20. Srich

Well tbh you dont sound impressive to me im also same geared as you if not even more geared then you and yeah i also did over 30 pen try but with crons and not with artisan p2w.
    I clearly remember you spamming your pen like over 8 months ago and before that never ever heard your name among top guilds so i though you were just another rng carried life skiller. I know ppl who made 0/ 23 tet attemps and the **** about nouver happened to me too in order to make the trii i went from 35 to 75 fs and once happened with zarka went from 30 to over 60 xD but its actually good and not as bad as you wanna makes it looks.
    Still some guys in here arguing with you have rights because sea monster hunting can be easly exploitable and even doing it correctly it brings too much money for doing basicaly nothing. Anyway even if i agree with them i dont really care if they nerf or not sea monster hunting because there are even other ways to make same money or even more... the thing is that ppl still didnt share those methods and this is actually a good thing :)