1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EUNA feedback degradation.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Loriel, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

2. TeRRoRibleOne

The most annoying thing about this talking to NPC's on horseback that you can talk to every single NPC in this game.... it's now annoying to get off horses in towns near the stable because you can talk to any of the worthless NPC's who have no reason to be able to interact with.

Most of the people on this forum have proved they are inept at discussing a lot of stuff. Just look at the balancing survey's and some of the moronic answers that get put on there.

#22 TeRRoRibleOne, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 62 EU

I personally believe that Library is a good additional tool to gather suggestions and ideas. Not gonna go deep if the surveys and ways of practice are correct or not. I believe they are trying the best they can though.

Most of us love this game so much and want to see it evolve into something perfect, often causing passionate arguments and disagreements. Everyone has their own perspective and experiences and its not easy to please everyone.

Regarding the many sources for suggestions i do agree its too much to handle but not sure if we can avoid it. There are so many versions, one developer, so many publishers (Kakao Games, GameOn (Japan), Pearl Abyss (Russia), Pearl Abyss Taiwan (Taiwan), Red Fox Games (South America), Pearl Abyss MEA (MENA)), so many different languages and plans for a global build.

My personal belief is that developer (Pearl Abyss) don't show the same kind of attention to other versions cultures, issues, requests or ideas and as far as i know there are no global events announcing new content/features except in Korean language (correct me if i'm wrong).

And since our (NA/EU) suggestions get ignored (not always but it feels this way) and we want to see this game evolve we end up trying to get our ideas and beliefs out the best way we can. Others in forums, others in Reddit, others in several discords etc.

Angar and PurplePumpkin like this.
  4. TeRRoRibleOne

They send our patchnotes in Korean and Kakao has to translate it for them. Pearl Abyss doesn't even have the decency to put the test server patch notes in English when we have our own server for that.....

The_Peacekeeper likes this.
  5. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

You want me to show you one that i "belive" is "ignored"? i'll give you hundreds. All topic at suggestion tab.Every singe one exept ones that you added to library. Do we speak honestly with each other ? Look show me one that isn't. Do it and then please repeat your library is not the only source. Show me one where community manager actually respond to anything ?

Please look at division 2 forum where community manager (actual nonaligned employee responding and handling suggestions that are actually implemented or dismiss after discussion.) There is test server where everyone can try and post feedback/report bugs on dedicated forum that is temporary created for this purpose.

There is just you or nothing.. okay...so you offer me than i can ping you and you'll check it.. i have your promise? cool but.. with all respect who you are ? And why should i ping you ? So you maybe add suggestion to feedback library because otherwise none will ever care ? its only proves what i just said there. You talk about "democratic voting procedure" But it's just you and few of your friend on discord. You can ignore anything and anyone that you don't like because you have no any obligation or responsibility to community and you are biased to your own personal opinion. Or someone democratically voted you ?

Your discord suggestion factory completely bypass official forum and important discussion that every suggestion needs.

And this is result.

Let's make challenge.. let's see what they actually gonna do about this new NPC interaction glitch.

6. magret

I wont pretend the feedback was handled better or at all before, but another issue is that discord content wont show up if a user make a search here or in google. I can't see the point of this medium aside for live chat and live alerts. Hype is not adapted to all kind of content.

Loriel likes this.
  7. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

And you know what.. after making post there i just clicked back button in my browser and look at this topic right next to mine: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/death-penalty.448930/
    This is one of the most discussed suggestion especially after recent DDos attacks... Simple thing that could improve game many many many times. So you want to ping one suggestion there is one. 100% agree with @2Cents. over years i saw hundreds of people supporting this suggestion on of. forum - reddit - social media - steam - discord - ingame - you name it...... the REAL suggestion that could improve game! Not just blah like interacting with NPC from horses.

Now if you excuse me.. AFK.. i need to calm down.
    [​IMG]

#27 Loriel, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    GreyRebel and Thelemna like this.
  8. TeRRoRibleOne

2cents posts are never discussed because he is a troll...... only the foolish people haven't learned that yet. And the most discussed topic on the forums has and will always be the griefing issue where there is no penalty for it........... except making those idiots die to mobs to lose crystals

Smileybones likes this.
  9. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

[​IMG]

GreyRebel likes this.
  10. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

I agree but i stand by my point that the bdo website and bdo forum should be the center of all news and discussions.
    Although he greatly exaggerates at times and about 15-20% of his threads are silly, in lack of better word, the rest 80% is on point and discusses important matters.

Even if we would accept that his attempt is to troll, he still raises discussions about game matters that sooner or later degrade to insults, trolling, trash talking and the known war between him and a certain white knight. And while he is guilty of happily jumping into this war every single time, he can not be blamed for the stupidity of the rest.

Threads, discussions and suggestions are as good and helpful as the participants.

v.klishev and Loriel like this.
  11. TeRRoRibleOne

The issue, specifically with this forum, is that the knowledge base of the current average poster is extremely low. A great example are those that keep crying about siege guild payouts. These people to this day still cry saying this is ruining the game. The reality though is that they nerfed those a long time ago. The payouts cover consumables for the week, that's about it. People aren't making gains off those payouts like the old days when the amount made was compounded based on how long you owned the region. If anything, the main proponent of owning a region at this point is for grind buff and the only one that's really worth it is Valencia because of Aakman and Hystria, everywhere else is garbage for people with 270+ AP. What they also fail to present is that when most guilds have the castle a majority of the people in those guilds end up not grinding at all because there is no PvP for them for the week nine times out of ten because of the current structure of game mechanics based on the crying of the community. This is just one example of a slew of items that I can throw out based on the arguments of people on this very forum showing that the lack of knowledge of current state of affairs is very low. I can go into more if you want but I would like to not go completely off the rails on the topic at hand.

I would like to say one other thing. Everyone has access to that discord, it's not a special club where only the select few have access to it. I would say the knowledge base of some of the people who post on there is higher than a majority of the people who post on these forums. Why? Because the norm is that people who've played this game longer are the ones who speak out about items that might be wrong whereas I feel the normal poster on here is someone who's played for 3 months and doesn't know the basic combo for their class yet cries someone is OP or someone who plays mystic yet won't admit it's one of the best grinding classes in the game and repeatedly says it is bottom tier.

Angar likes this.
  12. MalGuldur

Best feedback of 2019 right here.pearl abyss listen to me for once pls.

AP scaling is too powerful take away brackets or do something about the one shotting.For example things that would help = no bracket , more base hp for classes , black star armors$$ ,dp value buff.

Taking away brackets would make hybrid builds viable again.

Nerf archer too btw (more)

13. Yeah, but they smell funny.

I get where you're coming from. Yes, you have a lot of new traffic because the forums are, and should be the main discussion hub. But looking at the active numbers of forum versus discord users, the community itself is just centered more around discord. You get max 1.5-2k users (aggregate users, not just members) on the forums at any given time between 3 language fora. You easily get 8 times that on NA boss discord alone, which makes community based communication hubs which provide a real service a better nexus of communication than the official forums and website with its poorly coded surveys which don't except free written responses half the time.

That said, the importance is in the service provided. I do not believe the feedback library provides a worthwhile service. It's an index of the easiest to implement and less contentious to advocate suggestions to give the illusion of player driven feedback. You get more sweeping, effectual, and game-changing implementation once a stink is across multiple media (infinite shard digging through guild discords, musket land and sea monster hunting through youtube, Shadow Arena false bans through mmo news websites, weightless silver limit effect on trading through forum/reddit, the examples are numerous).

The implementations that are ultimately selected for vote and even more so the ones that are actually executed are no more a laundry list of pittances PA can make to a part of the community to make it look like they are working more with the larger community.

Thankfully, PA does react to feedback through multiple sources and you are not restricted to the feedback library.

14. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

I absolutely agree with you.
    But what most people do about this, is throw insults to the ignorant player instead of educating him in a polite manner.
    Of course there are idiots who will never listen, but some lurkers/readers/bystanders will get the hint, will start looking things from another perspective and will repeat this positive behavior in the future.

For the current state of the forums (and the ingame situation, but that is another matter) we are all guilty.
    First and foremost because of our behavior that does not brake the cycle of toxicity and aggression.
    I know i am in danger of derailing a very interesting thread so i ll keep it short and stop here :P

Phoenixxx75 and Thelemna like this.
  15. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Basically....Lets get to the REAL issue with the game and not the "Quality of life" buffs for people's enjoyment of the game.
    And it is true, some of the implementation of better "Interaction" or faster "Loading times" and "Re-connection" for the game has been terrible so far.

I must say, while on this topic of discussion and putting flame on the mods, and Devs asses, Its truly a damn shame that the BEST Patch so far in 2019 of Black Desert Online for "Quality of life" Improvement was making Silver weightless. Single handedly the best patch we've ever gotten so far. Something so trivial should speak volumes on the fact that, These "trivial Quality of game play patches" does not elude to the REAL issue of the game.

There are competitor pvpers who are looking for the Promise of Balance 2 and a half years Ago. Where is it? No where. But lets go ahead and Skip the PVE life skill patches and lets bring out Shai.

All and all its a game at a limbo status Trying to hold back the Sh*t thats gonna hit the fan. and The majority of the Community can Smell it. Fix the main issue with the Game, Hacker,s Botters, Speed hackers, Limit Account buying and Trading and Track IP Addresses to prevent Users from Account sharing to get to 65 *Cough*.
    Balance the PVP For Goodness sake, Bring us the Patch for Life Skills For GodSake. WHY should Consumers CRY so much to get their point across when we're initially giving them money to do it all??? There's sooooo much **** that honestly doesn't make sense. I'm at a lost for Rage and Words that I sometimes don't even care anymore.

Angar likes this.
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

This is very true, and the fact that many others don't hesitate to exagerate or simply lie because of their agenda of making Pearl Abyss look bad, isn't helping either.

Let's take the example of the new underwater grind spot. You can witness so many people spread misinformation by stating that access this area is pay to win, when the reality is that there are free alternatives to increase your breathing capacity that allow you to access that area just fine for free.

People behaving in such a way hurt the community by pushing cash shop items thus making pearl Abyss be comforted into releasing more of them,

Instead of educating the playerbase about free alternatives, which not only save people money but only allow players to vote with their wallets.

The cherry on the cake, is people caring to correctly inform the playerbase in a way that actually benefit the community are called names (white knights), sigh.

17. Deyric

No they really shouldn't. From an organizing stand point forums are horrible for suggestions. Besides the toxicity of most game forums.

18. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

Feedback library could be great for highlight proper suggestions from bad ones. Yes... Unfortunately it does completely opposite. Go and check it. Its almost funny to read some of them.

If one person create suggestion that nobody likes but andaro likes it. It goes to library.
    If another person create suggestion which 100 people likes it but andaro don't. It doesn't go to library.

suggestions that doesn't go to library are ignored. no matter what.

Surveys are on google docs as far as i know or did i miss something else ? Links for them could be there as well as on discord. There is no limitation from forum design. Forum is abandoned on purpose. At discord andaro have 100% control. So be it...

I'm pretty sure after my post there. i will never ever be able to put something to library. ;)

But it was worth it.

GreyRebel likes this.
  19. TeRRoRibleOne

Guess what one of the most viewed threads on this forum is? A fix to a class for PvP that was created back in November of 2018. What have been the results of that? More nerfs since then for that class. I'm at the point I wholeheartedly do not believe Kakao is sending them feedback from the forums. Even the Koreans feel the same way yet they haven't done anything. No one wanted another stupid class that resulted in people crying over not being able to make a child wear underwear (except some people who need to be watched). We've asked you to actually do the balancing you said you would do over a year ago before you ruined the damn game. But it won't happen because these dev's are inept and in my honest opinion should be fired.

TheYoda likes this.