1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EUNA Feedback Library

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andaro, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ShadowAbyss

Hello!

Quick intro:
    I'm a returning player and I recently found out about Shai Awakening/Musicianship as well as discovering the "Music Album" and editor/piano roll for creating your own compositions. I've been playing with it ever since and I've been really enjoying it, especially considering I do music production as a hobby in my spare time so I already have a reasonable amount of knowledge with such tools/piano rolls and what I expect to see/experience going in.

So after playing around with the editor, I feel like I've developed enough of an understanding of what I like and dislike about it and I'll list them here.

The Problems:
    1 - Notes can sometimes be shifted slightly to the left (off grid) upon reopening a project which can ruin an entire composition. Experienced this several times over the course of the day.

2 - Copy and Pasting is a little buggy and I'm not quite sure if it was intended as a feature considering my own experiences with it have been nothing but troublesome for copying huge patterns of notes together and it doesn't seem to paste exactly where I want it to. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong!

3 - Dragging notes and hovering over the start/end of notes can be tricky because the "Adjust" cursor icon for the cursor seems misplaced rather than overwrite the existing cursor. (My cursor is actually at the bottom right of the "G4" note, not above)
    upload_2020-7-17_21-30-43.png

4 - Zooming out/expanding the view can sometimes cause the player needle to bug out and not represent the actual time in the composition. Setting it back to 100% resolves this but heavily limits the view.

5 - Another zoom problem (although more nit picky than an actual problem) - Say at 100% zoom you play the composition, as soon as it reaches the end of the current view and transitions over to the next few measures, the view surpasses the last note of the last "view" by a little bit. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense)

6 - Finally the biggest issue I've encountered is overall the window itself. For me, it's too small and not being able to resize it is a pain whilst also having to deal with no vertical zoom to try and visualise more of the composition at one time.

So there's most of the problems I've encountered or at least noticed during my day playing around creating compositions, lets move on to the suggested fixes and changes I'd recommend.

The Suggestions/Fixes:
    This will be in order of "The Problems" and then a few more suggestions will be added.

1 - Have note positions retain their value after saving a project.

2 - Allow the user to select the amount of notes they want (using automatic horizontal/vertical scrolling if dragging to the edge of the piano roll window and then by clicking the exact time at the measure counter, allow the user to paste the notes and it will fill according to the selection.

3 - Change the cursor that it swaps to upon hovering over the edge of a note to the " <-> " arrow icon itself. Would better represent what the user is trying to do whilst retaining the hand/finger cursor when hovering over anywhere else on the note.

4 - Not quite sure how to go about fixing this but I'm sure it can be fixed easily.

5 - Have the "view" change exactly at the point of which the note cuts off by the view

6 - Allow the user to adjust the size of the window similarly to how you can adjust the UI size of the "Employ Maid/Butler" window.

7 - Allow triplet notes! It would open up so many more possibilities for songs that can be made

8 - More instruments (Piano, Harp, etc)

Conclusion:
    As much as I'm happy to see this sort of thing in the game, I still see huge potential in the QoL changes that can be made for this editor/composition tool and I want to continue using it and seeing it improve over time and I'm sure many others do too. I'm not expecting a fully-fledged DAW-like piano roll, but a few additional features would be great as well as improving the overall user experience when working with it!

Thanks for reading my post and I'm curious to hear what others think of it.

Jinoro likes this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Hi o/

That's an awesome read, but please note this topic is only for feedback about the program itself. If you would like to submit something to the Library, please use the Live Form (link is in the OP) or make a thread in the suggestions sub-forum and @mention one of our Ambassador team whom will be glad to document your thread in our index.

Best Regards <3

3. Zogre

I submitted a suggestion using the Live Form (regarding improving HP sustain which is neglected on some classes) - how do I know if my suggestion will ever be considered or will have no impact? I don't mind if my suggestion is ignored or is not a well regarded one, I just want to know if it was acknowledged at least.

4. Gunsrosezzz

hello as end game player there is not much to do running around ganking players in there farming spots is not competitive pvp siege pvp is getting boring as there alot of people using stuns on same target and there is no way to get out of stuns in this game basicly get stuned 1 time your dead still have over 150 people on my old guild we moved to world of warcraft even tho the combat in BDO was better there was nothing to do whith it . No battlegrounds no arenas basicly nothing to do. any plans on adding 1 vs 1 / 2 vs 2 / 3 vs / Battlegrounds to this game? i would happyly move my guild back into bdo if i knew my people would have content to do but last time we were here we were afk most of the time talking on discord becouse game had no content plz add arenas to this game

Mana_Mafia and Zogre like this.
  5. loser mit

So... Something that has annoyed me for a while is the Grilled Bird and Fried bird recipe. Neither of their recipes make sense. Grilled bird takes 6 deep frying oil and fried bird doesn't even take frying oil. So could there either be a switch in either of their names or change the recipe? If a name change isn't an option, the recipe for grilled bird can be changed from 6 deep frying oil to 6 olive oil to make more sense and fried bird still has 1 more slot available in cooking utensils to add frying oil in the recipe. It isn't an extremely big change, But at least it would make the recipes make more sense.

Also wouldn't mind dates, pistachios, figs, bracken, and teff as seeds so that we could farm them ourselves and have the special versions of those. it would REALLY help with some of the cooking recipes. Got overly excited to see there was a farming update a couple months ago, then looked in the patch notes hoping new seeds were added to only find that it was for the animal part of farming.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. BuShiDo

Hello Development team,

I would like to share with you a suggestion to likely improve the gaming experience for players who enjoy spending time on the ocean.

Suggestion: The creation/addition of an actual Trade/Merchant Ship in BDO. Something like a Schooner (See pic below). The primary roll of this ship would be trading and bartering. The main and differing features of this ship would be its speed, maneuvering and armoring as a means to defend itself on the ocean. It should be able to carry more weight/cargo than any other ship as its primary purpose is transporting cargo.

Reason: The current line of ships in BDO gives the impression they were designed for naval combat (which is fine). These large ships with 9 cannon per side should have their roles adjusted to being primarily warfare and raiding merchant/trade ships. I believe this will create an exciting dynamic on the ocean and make the experience more immersive when ship types, ship looks, and ship feel are placed into distinct roles.

Thanks for your time

[​IMG]

#186 BuShiDo, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  7. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Suggestion: Change BLUR option from blur effect and zoom to only blur effect. Zooming has nothing to do with the BLUR option.

Colorblind option:
    Please change the colors of enemy players and allies for both options. Both options are for players who have problems with red and green spectrum. Why not use colors like red/yellow, blue and white for both options? 100% will work for both parties. For example yellow for friendly and red for enemy. Or yellow friendly and blue for enemy, in these cases both protan and deutran will clearly see the enemy player or the guild members.

8. Margy

EPIC fail from developers on event. Spent 3 days active and passive fishing to get item from flounder lake and still haven't got the item. I'm master 4 fisher so not like i couldn't get it. bank holiday and birthday wasted and event ends in 1 day. Pointless stupid event.

MisterJoy likes this.
  9. Eran420

Eran420 JungleBoys Musa 63 EU

bdo you most check hacking forums.. bdo now is on target of the group that make the gift from player to player locked on the game . becuase last time they hack bdo database they got more then 400k accounts thats was share on twitch 2 years ago .

the warrning was about bdo pvp balance. how wiz/witch/war and some aouther class only get buffed for last 4 years .

i hope to see some change also . i i get hacked and lose items byby bdo !

10. Eran420

Eran420 JungleBoys Musa 63 EU

wow noone even post here . only crap . as bdo looks with the shity unbalanced game ever !
    stop everything and nerf WIZARD/WITCH/WAR/VALK/DK/STRIKER/NYSTIC/SORC/NINJA/ARCHER { lhan succssion /tamer succssion also nerf ..
    most funny game ever .. one shot by any of this class.
    why ? just because its node war front line class .. and they aint plan to nerff them for 4 years .
    well this game 99% of the time everyone play solo ..
    so when ? all the crap that kim tallk about on last time he speak about balanced :) lol he just **** up bdo even more :)

11. Andaro

Ambassador

Hi o/

As mentioned, this thread is for feedback on the Library Program, not for game related feedback. Any commentaries that are not about the program itself, in this thread, will be ignored.

If you would like to submit feedback for the game through our channels, please use the Live Form located in the original post, join the discord, or create a thread regarding your suggestion in the suggestions forum.

Follow instructions, and you may succeed.

Best regards.

12. Lockwind

How often is the library updated? I submitted 2 suggestions through the Live Form last week but haven't seen them appear yet?

13. Andaro

Ambassador

We have currently moved into a quarterly update due to the flow of 2020 and all the mayhem it has brought. But no worries ^_^ anything you send to live form is serialized and catalogue and in the direct hands of the CMs

I will be explaining more soon in a forum update that should shed some further light, assurances, and directives.

(Tldr Hakuna Matata)

14. CompZilla

Suggestion:

BEAST MODE

All classes can transform into a different beast every 30 minutes or when Ancient Black Spirit Rage fills up.

What would be good is if range classes got a melee and melee classes got a rage beast to transform into.

Ancient Black Spirit Rage could fill up quicker by killing other players or just timed or other mechanic.

BEAST MODE wouldn't take away from existing skills as would offer something other damage, speed, tankiness, flight.

Beasts could be animals, mythological monsters etc

Additional skill points would be required for transformed beast and unlocking with quest at level 60 required.

The expansion could potentially be sold for 5 dollars

Beasts could be customised with marvs palette and skins from pearl shop

#194 CompZilla, Nov 21, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:33 PM
  15. MADE

That would be way too much effort to implement.
    Well they could stamp a nice 10000pearl price tag on it though.

16. CompZilla

I don't think it would be hard to implement, wow did it with druids and in capture flag it really added diversity.

And what's the next level it can't merely be new areas/map expansion

This could be considered a real advancement and cement BDO as the best mmo

17. ODB3698

Transforms have been historically bad in nearly every mmo ever. Have you seen the BDO attempts at transforms? The latest one was mischievous jack in case you forgot. Before that we had the papu/otter island transforms. Hard pass on more transforms. That is even putting aside the fact that I picked this game and for that matter, the classes I play based on their mechanics/appearance...which did not include furry transforms. These transforms also come with different mechanics than we chose our classes based on. Savage rift is a prime example what the apparent majority of players think about having to use a different set of mechanics than the class mechanics we chose the class for....no one that I know does savage rift. That whole matchlock mechanics requirement. Let us also not forget the stream of complaints when ranger was given a melee awakening.

MoonDance17 likes this.