1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Evasion broken/no longer works after patch?

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Jun 30, 2018.

1. LightningFFXIII-4

I was expecting everyone to have their accuracy buffed/adjusted after this patch, but not like this. I got guildies that are 480 GS that can barely damage me before the patch that are now hitting me almost 100%. Open world PVP and RBF is worse. A Striker who's barely 510 GS is consistently stunning me and hitting me without his clones. He's wearing Full AP gear.

I'm 549 GS Kuno with above average evasion stats, and I actually take less damage if I equip my Kutum (DR) vs my Tadd Offhand (Evasion).

Either Evasion no longer works or accuracy bonuses granted by skills that got fixed this week are way overtuned.

2. Catastigma

Just for information. Evasion Only reduce damage by 95% and not affect anymore CC.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xgj71g-BpPdqvJHK21cbAbSL_E/edit#gid=352684718

If you have 350(gear)+383(Character) accuracy you have around 64% chance to hit
    + flat Accuracy skill.)
    700(gear(Muskan TET 2 TET magical earring and Evasion offhand TET and TET centaur)+320 evasion(character average) + peanut

Consiring that possibility that % accuracy on every skill was buged like Wizard and witch one. on everyclasse.

Evasion is not buged. Accuracy was just fix.

• As announced last week, Accuracy effects have been revised to be implemented properly.

• We once again apologize to all of our adventurers who have experienced difficulty, particularly for the Witch and Wizard. We will endeavor to show faster response to all of your concerns and reports.

27th June patch.

3. Silsti

They just fixed the evasion exploit shouldn't you be glad?

4. LightningFFXIII-4

Even if they fixed accuracy bonuses granted by skills/skill add ons, it shouldn't be enough to make a pure AP undergeared Musa who's not even 480 GS bring me down to half health at 549 just because he downed me and executed some combos.

Not just him, its evident in RBF too. I actually survive longer in Kutum now than with Tadd Offhand (evasion offhand). It's like everyone has Striker Clone Accuracy, which is 100% accuracy.

5. LightningFFXIII-4

Its not evasion exploit, its Accuracy bugged. But now evasion is broken since undergeared ppl with no accuracy gear whatsoever can 100% hit me while wearing evasion gear. That means Full AP builds are going to be extremely powerful now till this gets fixed.

Muskans/Centaur Belt/Sicils/Evaion Offhands/Benshos/Manos evasion earrings are useless now.

6. LightningFFXIII-4

Tax wagon, full evasion, with villa buffs, used to be able to execute a few combos before dying, now just Instantly dying even with superarmor.

Either evasion is bugged or Dev's just don't care about Evasion anymore and wants everyone to wear the new Urugon shoe instead of the old Muskans. Which makes sense, to sell more artisans.

7. Jollywand

mmm i think ur running a little behind its from 2-3 months that evasion was dead i really dont see the problem here

8. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Thanks for taking the time to report this. We'll run it by our QA team just to make sure no bugs slipped in with the accuracy patch.

9. LightningFFXIII-4

Thx for taking the time to look this up.

10. Gobarnachta

It is no bug... Eva was always supposed to be for memes and DR the real endgame defensive stat and finally it is :D

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

dr is not endgame stat. ap is. because game is designed like crap since ap scaling/renown. u aim for dr only if it doesnt get in the way of ap, sadly. so basically it just makes urugons a must have over muskans (except maybe for some very specific cases).

evasion lacks gearing options. drieghan equipment might help with it a bit(new gloves and belt, maybe even those bonuses from new blue armor sets for hc evasion stackers?). i wouldnt really hope for some miracles tbh.

12. Gobarnachta

Eh I did say for _defensive_ stat it is the endgame option and ofcourse out of _all_ stats you wanna build maximum AP in current meta. Oh and there are few other sources of it too than just Urugons that won't cut in your sheet AP gains. Albeit Urugons are the biggest game-changer obviously.

13. WhySoSeeryus

problem is, they made one main stat, one byproduct stat and left two stats as complete trash. in a game with a nice amount of different gears and options that is a really bad move. they might as well remove 80% of the items from the game, it wouldnt even matter.

14. Gobarnachta

Oh I never said I agreed with the current meta, I hate renown and AP scaling. Gear gap was big enough before introduction of that arti meme cash-grab ponzi-scheme. However for defensive stat I've always disliked eva, it's just slapping more rng over rest of the rng in my books and how accuracy got broken for months ppl with eva-gear have been like kids in the candy-store (stomping around in discount trailerpark boots) and now that the fix is in and reality calls they come cryin'

..and this hate of eva goes especially to classes with iframes added to it, well you aint evading no more:D

15. WhySoSeeryus

whether u liked the mechanic or not, it is not ok for them to gut it like this. evasion gear takes dedication, and most of ap gear does have some accuracy on it for free. u could basically just swap to an accuracy offhand to get a decent hitrate on evasion stacker. it was stupid that just one gear swap can give u advantage over complete gear set, but with the new stat scaling, you basically dont even need to do that if your ap is high enough.

16. Gobarnachta

omegalul.. I could not read beyond this point sorry...

dedi.JPG

17. WhySoSeeryus

but you do need to go balls deep with it or it wont work. meaning most of your gear pieces need to have evasion on it. it does leave you kinda crippled almost in other areas.

so you gotta get eva offhand (maybe kutum for some sort of hybrid), eva belt(0 ap), eva necklace (maaaybe ogre due to lots of ap is the route some take), eva earrings (boring as fck grind via quest and rng to get them to tet/pen), eva crystals in helm (maybe even green quality helm itself for extra eva), muskans (sh1et dr)

18. RP Tzuyu

evasion, stun? what????