1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Even after googling for hours things dont make sense

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Kalnaf, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Kalnaf

-in terms of making money.

Ive been casually playing without reading any guides, and reached level 55 being content with my 50 million silvers in my warehouse with +15 Yuria weapon, was on my way to stepping in the Altinova, after having explored Calpheon/Serendia to the fullest and doing all the quests. By this point I was content with the game and the progress I have made.

-Until I figured out that 50 million silvers I had cherished in my warehouse meant as same as 1 penny to most people who have hundreds of billions of silvers and can spend 100 million on a whim. And it seemed everyone had above 250 AP gear scores, while I was thinking my 120 AP was strong enough to do anything.

So I did some research, and people make money by 'life skills'. Or grinding.

What do you mean grinding? They say you grind sausans, but what does that even mean?

Does that mean you have to go to place called Sausans and kill things? Do they drop things that can be sold at high prices? When you guys say 'grinding sausans', does it mean something like 'going to Western Guard camp and selling 150 huge spears that giants in Calpheon drop for 100k silvers' thing? Or do they drop something else?? Do they drop thousands of silvers per kill?? But when I try to go into the Mediah region, my screens will glow red cause monsters there are too strong for me! Why??

And what do you mean by 'earning money by life skills like processing'?

How do you make money by processing? So I go around chopping down random trees and then chop them down further and then sell them in the markets, right? But 10 logs make 1 scantling and they sell for several ks in the market! What do you mean I can make money by processing? Do I have to chop down thousands of trees and then chop them down for several hours only to make some hundreds of scantlings to sell, which dont even sell for too high a price anyway? That doesnt sound efficient at all!

And I poured in a hundred of contribution points into Calpheon City, and hired a dozen workers, but for them to work in factories and whatnot to make stuffs to sell in the markets, i need resources, and acquiring those resources for my workers to work on seem more expensive than end products that they make!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN EARN MONEY????? I DONT GET IT

This is so frustrating. When I was oblivious I was more content and happy. Now Im not.

#1 Kalnaf, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

Grinding is just staying in one general area and killing mobs over and over, looking for loot/drops/xp. That's it. It's called grinding because staying there for so long can feel "like a grind" as in it's not very interesting, but often necessary, especially at later levels to get any noticeable xp. Grinding is just the repetitive process involved. To get money from grinding is selling off the trash loot or rare drops gotten during that time.

Earning money by life skills is doing stuff others don't want to bother with and then selling your products on the market, or creating things for trading to NPCs for trade xp/profit. Yes, making money this way is also extremely repetitive and can require thousands of items to make any significant difference. A lot of this processing/lifeskilling can be done afk, so you can do this in your off time so you don't die of boredom while doing this.

Using workers for cash you are correct - you need the materials, so create a worker army to go build up your supplies before trying to make them create items in shops. Much of this game requires lengthy things to make any progress beyond mid-tier. Playing around with it you can find what things work best for you.

Kalnaf likes this.
  3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Congratulations, youv hit your first real money paywall.

There will be many more to follow.

First, what is your financial commitment to the game thus far.

Findubar, flukeSG2 and Kalnaf like this.
  4. ExtraSoda

You can send your workers to go farm mats for you btw. Like if you need Cedar timber, find a Cedar timber node, connect it to the town where you have your workers, then send your workers to farm it for you. There are some mats you can't have workers gather for you, but most they can. Then, when you have enough, go stand by the storage where the timber they collected ended up, and process it. Basically how processing works (I'm by no means an expert since all I do is grind and level horses and farm).

Kalnaf likes this.
  5. Kalnaf

Ahhhhh well. Thank you Kymbur and ExtraSoda, now I see more clearly what that means.... This all still seems to require quite an effort

I guess I'll have to grind all the repeatable quests first to get some contribution points going.

Need to hire workers, so I need lodgings, and for lodgings I need more CP, and even when I have workers I cant send them to work outside cities if I dont have connected nodes for which I would need more CP....

Welp, gonna do a CP grind then.

6. Happywall

what are you on about

Isteria likes this.
  7. GM Unknown

Game Master

Hi there @Kalnaf! As previously mentioned by Kymbur and ExtraSoda (thank you both for your input!), the most common ways of making money are to grind areas and sell the loot you don't really have a use for. You can also have your workers get your supplies for you, and once you have the required material to make the items, and sell the results. I would also suggest taking a look around the forums as you may be able to find helpful guides for money making and I hope you find what works best for you!

Best of luck!

Spypunch and Kymbur like this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Before I could suggest the many guides..I hadda first know if he had pets, storage maids, processing costumes etc...

Other then that, Yea the Gm's response was perfect.

I hate to sound redundant in the many guides that say gotta get pets, etc.

Findubar likes this.
  9. SpankMeDaddy

Welcome to BDO. You're clearly a very new player and there's nothing wrong with that.

The game is entirely murky. As for passive moneymaking, look up some guides for 'node empires' and trading.
    As for grinding mobs, search up "lvl 1 -56 bdo leveling" videos and past that, I think shakybaky has 2 good videos for past 56 grinding.
    Imagine playing the game without these guides and having to spend the time figuring out the best nodes and best grind spots using spreadsheets and hours spent testing these things.

This is the beauty of BDO. Endgame is all theorycrafting. It's such a complicated game that when you ask for help, there's a good chance that someone gives you wrong information and fake news because no one can really understand how everything works. That's your job to find out what is true and what is false and to really understand the nuances of this game.

Spypunch and Kalnaf like this.
  10. Kalnaf

Well it turns out I get to learn all about the node connecting and worker management in Vellia. I just missed all that cause my quest journal was set to hide all the life-skill-related-quests when I was leveling up. Went back to Vellia and started from the scratch to learn about all the life skillz, which were quite well laid out and explained by related-quest-chain structures. I wish I did all those from the beginning without skipping them.

But even after doing all that it seems "managing worker empire ", to be profitable, needs a LOT of investments and grinding before one can make money. Blue level workers here and there would only generate meagre amount of income from what i have seen so far...

Thank you all for kind advices for a type of question which, Im sure, was probably asked on this very forum gazillion times before.

11. Findubar

when they say "grind sausans" it means you buy a house in kusha and a portable werehouse from altinova, place that werehouse in that home. buy 5 pets and a horse, kill the main rotation at sausans over and over/ stack items on horse/ when you can`t overstack no more get the horse unloaded in kusha>repeat
    however +15 weps wont grind sausans. in any other spots you go take that horse and overstack it.

12. ExtraSoda

Quick tip, if you haven't found it somewhere already, have a few workers farm wheat. Take some of the wheat, buy some cooking utensils from the cook npc (or have a worker make an advanced one, whatever you wanna do), and afk cook some beer. The byproducts from cooking can be turned in for some contribution xp which will help you gain more contribution points to invest into nodes a little bit quicker. Helps a lot early on.

13. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

Or potatoes, since depending on where you brew the beer those can be more plentiful.

ExtraSoda likes this.
  14. Findubar

if you just started out and want to place workers, the best way to place them since the beginning is the excavation nodes. regardless of what you do later in the game or not.