1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event: Guild Triathlon - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Events' started by GM Salome, Jun 14, 2018.

1. GM Salome

Game Master

180522_GuildTri_forumheader.jpg

What do you find you enjoy the most in Black Desert Online? PvP? Lifeskills? Guild bosses?
    Do you and your guildmates casually stroll the land doing as you please or does your guild roam in groups, ready to meet the next guild who foolishly decides to declare a war?

The Black Desert Team is happy to announce our latest event, the Guild Triathlon, and it starts now.

This triathlon, in the traditional fashion, will consist of three different types of events, categorized into: PvP, PvE, and PvX. The contest rules and prize distribution are simple:

Winner Selection
    • The PvP and PvX category will have one winner, per region, per guild size category.
      • Ex: Large guilds will compete against other Large guilds, small versus small, and so on in terms of scoring.
    • The PvE category may have multiple winners per region and per guild size due to the nature of the event.

Duration
    • Start: Today (6/14)
    • End: Wednesday (6/27) with the start of Maintenance

PvX - Crates o’ Plenty

Win Condition
    Throughout the event (times & channels listed below) an announcement will display in-game at that top of your screen; that will say “take X crate to Y turn-in location”. The first guild to turn in the crate on one of the required channels, at the specified location wins! Another thing to keep in mind, there is no time limit! Crate may be a crafted one or one purchased from a Trade Manager, the goal is just turn it in as quickly as possible. A guild can also win more than once!

NA Server Times:
    • Thursday 6/14 [7pm PDT | 9pm CDT | 10pm EDT]
    • Saturday 6/16 [2pm PDT | 4pm CDT | 5pm EDT]
    • Thursday 6/21 [5pm PDT | 7pm CDT | 8pm EDT]
    • Saturday 6/23 [2pm PDT | 4pm CDT | 5pm EDT]

EU Server Times:
    • Thursday 6/14 [7pm CEST]
    • Saturday 6/16 [2pm CEST]
    • Thursday 6/21 [5pm CEST]
    • Saturday 6/23 [2pm CEST]

Channels (NA & EU):

• Velia 1
    • Valencia 1
    • Balenos 1
    • Calpheon 1

So to recap:
    1. At the times listed above an announcement will display in-game that lists a crate and turn-in NPC.
    2. You and your guild get together to turn in the crate at the correct location on any of the specified channels (listed above).
    3. The first guild to do this correctly (regardless of channel) will win the prize.
    Note: Some participating guilds will also receive a prize, supplies are limited though!

Prizes
    The winning guild for each time slot will receive:
    • 1 Lauren Gift Box per member
    • 1 Guild Boss Spawn Scroll

Some participating guilds will also receive a Guild Boss Spawn Scroll.

PvP - Paint the Town Red

Win Condition

The guild that has the highest # of kills in Red Battlefield.

Ready to just sink your weapon into that one guy from that one guild who did that one thing? Head to the Red Battlefield and and bring justice to all your foes.

Prizes
    Guild
    4x Guild Boss Spawn Scroll

PvE - Questin’ on my mind

Win Condition
    The guild that has the highest # of guild quests completed.

Looking forward to jumping online and clearing those five quests with your friends? Can’t wait to kill mobs, chop trees, and deliver those tradepacks? Then spam call your guild leader and complete these quests on cooldown.

Prizes
    Guild
    2x Guild Boss Spawn Scroll

Edit: Winners announced in this post!

#1 GM Salome, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    TarkusBlack, Moe1337, Stabby and 4 others like this.
  2. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

Nice to have some Guild events.
    Yet, I would point that more can be done to invite members and reward guilds/partys to work together.

For example: Silver/Reward per Points made in Guild Mission.

oR-Bishop likes this.
  3. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Thx for going with NA time and ****ing EU guilds

4. Deshacore

Hmm sounds good but how should we switch the server if a worldboss spawned?XO
    Atleast for today, thats pretty bad timing xD

Stillwaters likes this.
  5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Explain in more detail. Is this the guilds with most done daily? Is it guilds with the most done in total currently? Is this divided up by guild size as well?

oR-Bishop likes this.
  6. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Please clarify this a bit:

PvE (Missions)
    1. Do missions smaller than your current guild size count toward your guild's total missions (Large guilds doing Medium Missions, etc)?
    2. What is the end-time of the event? Reset tomorrow? When the next event begins?
    3. Do all guilds that complete the max number of missions end in a tie or is it the guild who completes all 5 missions first wins?

PvP (Red Battlefield)
    1. What's the end-time for this event? One match? One hour? Reset tomorrow? When the next event begins?
    2. Is each channel tallied separately or are all kill counts combined to one guild score?
    3. Do matches in-progress at the start of the event count toward kill totals?
    4. Will AP/DP Restrictions be removed during this event, since some of these channels are designated for lower geared players.

PvX (Trade)
    1. Is dodging node wars in progress while toting trade goods intentional, since you chose three node war channels with active wars going on?
    2. Will trade skill be required to make or purchase the items?
    3. Will there be prizes awarded per channel or just the first item on any channel?

#6 oR-Bishop, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    flukeSG2 likes this.
  7. GM Salome

Game Master

I'll do my best to provide clarification ^^ If anything else is unclear or you're not sure, don't hesitate to ask!

PvE (Missions)
    1. Do missions smaller than your current guild size count toward your guild's total missions (Large guilds doing Medium Missions, etc)?
    Any and all missions count. The rewards are per guild size as a sub-category, so a separate winner for XL, L, M, S sizes. The size of the quest completed doesn't matter, the amount of quests completed does. Pick the strategy that suits you the most! ^^

2. What is the end-time of the event? Reset tomorrow? When the next event begins?
    All missions done during the event period are added up for the total (6/14 to 6/27).

3. Do all guilds that complete the max number of missions end in a tie or is it the guild who completes all 5 missions first wins?
    Multiple guilds will win this one, as there's a max cap of 5gq/day.

PvP (Red Battlefield)
    1. What's the end-time for this event? One match? One hour? Reset tomorrow? When the next event begins?
    We're looking at all kills in red battlefield counted over the 2 week event period.

2. Is each channel tallied separately or are all kill counts combined to one guild score?
    All guild counts combined to one guild score.

3. Do matches in-progress at the start of the event count toward kill totals?
    Correct! Any kill in a red battlefield regardless of match progress.

4. Will AP/DP Restrictions be removed during this event, since some of these channels are designated for lower geared players.
    No.

PvX (Trade)
    1. Is dodging node wars in progress while toting trade goods intentional, since you chose three node war channels with active wars going on?
    We spread out the times with the 4 different time periods to maximise the amount of people who could join. Only 1 time was during a node war :) Furthermore, that's the reason we announced the channels, so that you can plan ahead.

2. Will trade skill be required to make or purchase the items?
    Nope, we made sure to pick items that even someone with 0 skill could get still.

3. Will there be prizes awarded per channel or just the first item on any channel?
    First item on any channel.

Good luck to all guilds participating! :)

Mousatos, Gingen and flukeSG2 like this.
  8. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

All your prize are belong to us!

Thanks for the detailed reply. It sounds like the PvE (guild missions) and PvP (RBF) are not restricted to the times and channels that were announced, but the PvX (trade) part is.

Can you confirm that missions and RBF kills done on other channels count for the competition?

#8 oR-Bishop, Jun 15, 2018
  9. Vafthrudnirson

10. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

Is the apocalypse upon us? Do my eyes deceive me? A reply from a GM that has answers to questions and details? Surely this is bizzaro land to experience something as rare as this!

11. GM Salome

Game Master

I would assume so, but I've requested clarification and will get back to you as soon as I have it, just to be sure :)
    EDIT: Yes, that is correct.

Well technically, I do have my GM Death character for event shenanigans, so you could say that this is indeed the Apocalypse *grins* You could even hop on Binky, he's got the two-seater skill.

#11 GM Salome, Jun 15, 2018
    Stillwaters likes this.
  12. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

Binky haha. Good name. Also thanks for the 500th like ^_~. Please keep chatting with the community. We wanna hear lots more from GM's interacting with us, even casually.

Stillwaters and GM Salome like this.
  13. GM Salome

Game Master

Just to have a clear answer here, again: yes, that's correct. Quest missions and RBF kills count regardless of channel, the specified channels are a restriction only for the crate turn-ins.

oR-Bishop likes this.
  14. GM Salome

Game Master

Teehee, I'll tell you a secret: we have a whole section on the forum called 'support', and New Adventurers is also under our wing. Support is technically for when you have a problem and need some sort of help, but we're there ^^ New Adventurers is generally a friendly place for (not only) new players, so don't be a stranger. Aaand check out off-topic on Wednesdays, as we usually try to hold some sort of forum game during the maintenance, unless we're absolutely swamped with tickets (like this week). We're fighting back though, so stay tuned for next week!

Stillwaters likes this.
  15. Stillwaters

Hell yea just a casual comment here and there makes a difference especially with all the changes going on atm

GM Salome likes this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Which GMs oversee the General Gameplay section? That section seems largely ignored.

17. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

He did commit suicide after reading all those posts 2 years ago.

18. Sepharam

Sepharam Valkyrie 61 EU

How do we know if we have done the Crates o’ Plenty correctly? I delivered the item from Calpheon to Valencia on one of the channels listed and there wasn't any special text or anything about handing it in so I just sold it to the Valencia trade manager...

19. Kamkloza

GM EDEN.png I just read the event update after a long first week of my mentally tiring job. Finally! My wish has come true! and I wasn't expecting it will be too soon!!! GM Eden <3and BDO Staff Thank you for creating this event and for your time!!! GM Eden I was looking around for you :( Where are you!!!??? I need to take us a picture!!!

I hope you'll all continue to do this type of event. A get together in-game event to keep the community and GMs involve! Thank you!

#19 Kamkloza, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    GM Salome likes this.
  20. GM Salome

Game Master

There is no announcement message when you hand in your crates. As long as you did what the notice said, and on one of the designated channels, your contribution will count. Sadly you will not know if you're the winner until we announce all results, sorry.

As explained above, the GMs are in Support and New Adventurers.

We do GM-organised events sometimes, such as the donkey race or the GM fashion show. However, we need to keep in mind that the ticket numbers need to be well under control for that, and currently we're battling larger numbers. We're glad to see the demand for such events though and we'll surely bring out more of that in the future. Stay tuned on the forum! ^^