1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response [Event] Snowflakes Vendor Option Will Return

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CM Praballo, Jan 24, 2018.

1. CM Praballo

Community Manager

Greetings adventurers,

Unfortunately, the option to hand in [Event] Snowflakes disappeared too early towards the end of the event, leaving some players without the option to complete their last transactions.

The NPC option to trade Snowflakes is now back!

As you can see in the last patch notes:
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/746
    • You can exchange [Event] Snowflake items during the following extended period.
      • Extended Period: Jan. 31st After Maintenance - Feb. 7th Before Maintenance
    Thank you for your understanding.

The BDO team

#1 CM Praballo, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2018
  2. taolurker

Weren't the turn in's to the skill instructors for cities??

3. CM Praballo

Community Manager

You are correct, technically it's just the part of the NPC's brain that likes Snowflakes that comes back. The body is still there.

Tacu likes this.
  4. The Monk

Thank you for doing the right thing. I tried to help as many people as I could today before DT but would barely have scratched the surface.

GM Dew likes this.
  5. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

Maybe next time have the turn in time be 1 week longer (from the start of the event already) than the time the items drop so this doesn't happen yet again?

The Halloween event had this issue too. (wasn't it Halloween?)

6. wellman029

indeed it was the white witch at Halloween , and Kashkow is quite adept at pulling sneaky **** like this and back peddling later when it could just be avoided entirely with out a public outcry or drama , kashkow seems to enjoys creating drama for domr unknown reason , probably gets more attention then the game does these days

7. Lorskie

People will just slack off even longer. I think they need to announce everyday that the event is nearing its end a week before deadline. Wouldn't hurt if an announcement shows up every 5/6 hours per day.

EDIT: Maybe start an announcement 2 days before deadline. I think a week before deadline is too long because I bet people will start to ignore the announcement at the 2nd day it started.

8. Rimmsolin

The solution isn't moving the deadline, the solution is to allow year-round turn-ins for events. The earnings may be within a time, but there is no reason to not have at least one NPC in a city that can accept turn-ins indefinitely. The event still has meaning and the players need not fear the loss, nor clog up GM time.

De_Vaillance likes this.
  9. De_Vaillance

Problem is the Witch disappeared before the maintenance, an hour or so. I was goint to talk to her when she disappeared. Event should end with maintenance, not an hour before ;)
    (Maybe same happened with snowflakes option disappearing before maintenance)

10. The Monk

The issue, with this particular case, was not with people being "slack" it was a bug with the way the event ended, where those on +UTC time zones were getting the turn in option disabled many hours before others, while still receiving more snowflakes. Turn ins I feel should be allowed for around a week after event ends for all events. I cant see why this isn't that hard, it has been done for others in the past.

At least those of us who were affected and did not have the time of opportunity to use the workaround in the other threads to hand in.

11. DarkyD

Hello support, you always giving 1 week more to change items. What's the problem? You don't wanna do your job as always?

12. Lucyboy999

Still waiting

13. ZeroCredit

They have no idea what they're doing.

14. Jena

Yes, I tried turning in my snowflakes and it was not avail even before maintenance so hope they bring it back.

15. eitheldin

Same here, got 10 snowflakes to hand in.

16. AtmaDarkwolf

I think more to blame are the times they 'told' us an event would last X days, and the community holds to this, and hands in the leftover items they have on that last day, only to have the event 'extended' and them, having already handed in every last item, being unable to collect more for the 'good' rewards.

So now people hold off just a day or two expecting kakao to pull something like that again.

Because how often have events lasted but your able to hand in items for a few days after said event ends (Many times)

basically, this is because (No offense devs) kakao's word CANNOT be trusted. We have been trained to 'expect' them to do something OTHER than what they say.

17. [VOZ]Sweetlove07

1.06AM GMT +0 26th Jan 2018 and still waiting for exchanging snowflakes. This is how they called "soon".

18. Day

Day

Be patient, guys. It's not an urgent thing, and I'm sure they're working as fast as they can to fix this.

It's likely PA pushed it out in the latest patch to match KR's version of the event timeline, while Kakao's memo was mistakenly patched out for NA/EU, which means they have to get PA to acknowledge and fix the issue, then send out a patch or hotfix before it's fixed. It's likely not an issue that can be remedied without a hotfix or patch. Give it until Wednesday when we get our next patch.

Foggen likes this.
  19. Jerick85

Still need to turn some in aswell, hope i'll remember to check here ;p

20. Evahneiz

I sadly ended up selling +150 snowflakes because of this, any solution?