1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every class needs ranged dmg/ infinite dash

Discussion in 'PvP' started by DarkKnightMasterRace, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:44 PM.

1. DarkKnightMasterRace

Since people think every class should have a grab, its logical to say every class needs ranged attacks because it gives an unfair avantange to engage safely from distance without taking any risk and possibly landing a CC without ever being in danger and also landing free damage from range and collecting kills while sitting in the back.

Same applies to infinite/ spammable dashes like musa/maehwa , being able to engage and disengage whenever they want without running out of dashes is an unfair an advantage therefore every class should be able to dash 10+ times before running out of stamina like musa/maehwa.

#1 DarkKnightMasterRace, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:44 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 7:26 PM
  2. Casty

New idea, all classes are the same, zero diversity anymore!

3. Noixi

First off, blo (downgraded spelling) does not have ranged dps.
    The max range of anything that we would call ranged dps is a mere 36 feet.

To see this, go to Altinova, where the training dummies are. Stand at one end of a line of targeting dummies, and then lie down.

That's right, lie down.

Your character is typically feet tall.
    And it will stretch from one dummy to another.
    That's 6 feet.

Then stand up, and try to hit anything beyond 6 targeting dummies away.
    You heard me. 6 targeting dummies.

Or 6 X 6 feet, for 36 feet.

Sad isn't it.

Get on a ranger, or an archer, or a Wizard, Witch and try your quote most powerful ranged anything, and see how far away it can hit with those targeting dummies as a measuring line.

36 feet.

In real life, Roman soldiers using a SLING could lob stones up to 150 feet away, and INSTANTLY kill enemies wearing a helmet, if they hit them in the head.

In real life, a 12 year old boy can throw a baseball from home base, to out field, and KILL someone if the ball hits them in the head, at 100 feet plus away.

In real life, bows and arrows a have an effective KILLING range of 200+ feet.

So, back to blo (downgraded spelling), and the OP's thread.
    As far as I am concerned, every class in blo (downgraded spelling), has ranged dps, especially the classes that ZOOM in/out from that PATHETIC max 36 foot range, and can instant kill enemies with a WELEE attack.
    And I'd further emphasize my justification by saying that not only does every class in blo (downgraded spelling) already have ranged dps, but the supposed classes that don't have ranged dps, in fact move FASTER then any projectile that a supposed ranged dps class has.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Troll thread?

In case you're serious though, no. Learn to close gap. It's not hard.

Ben Phoenix and Sibyyl like this.
  5. GuiltGuy

Ranged classes like witch etc could have more protections removed.

These class have a big advantage of cc'ing with a safe distance. These classes have the damage as good as if not better than assasin classes. Why do they deserve any more protections?

No fair? No! learn to keep safe distances. Or give all classes ranged damages and stop yelling you're not the top 1 pvp class but avoid mentioning the unbalances for the large scale battles.

#5 GuiltGuy, Jan 13, 2019 at 7:31 AM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 8:40 AM
  6. Vunak

Vunak Witch 61 NA

Lol.....

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

and how exactly would that work, this suggestion of yours?

on a class that has zero mobility except once per 7 seconds and is animation locked and rooted in place for most of its skills.

8. Corrus

Corrus Musa NA

What did I just read
    1c44db93-08e6-443c-8ec2-aaa8a6c31c9d.png

9. GuiltGuy

1 yoke of ordeal and voltaic pulse should have either cc or protection removed.
    2 Wichards flow skills should have cds as other classes.

A range class can cc someone over a long distance especially now that most skills like murderous intent has protection removed.If you think A range class is also supposed to be fragile once catched. Teleport has the longest distance of transport and is only 7 cd. spellbound heart has also a speed boost. Maybe a witch does not have highest mobility but giving its range, damage, control, asking for protection with cc is not fair. Range classes are actually the one that should not have the skills with cc + protections.

10. Noixi

QFT. I always like your posts WhySoSerius.

It will be very interesting when the new pvp from 18 DEC 2018 gets released later this year. I really think blo (downgraded spelling) will follow suit, but it's going to be a painful year.

11. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Ranged classes are already paper in defense. How about you stop wanting to kill people in 1 faceroll hit just because you are melee and gitgud? You have protected gap closers. Use them. CCs are only on the first hit with like 1 exception, meaning if you approach protected, you can immediately eat a bit of damage and CC them down. Or.. are you too low in gear to actually do this and therefore not actually qualified to speak about class balance?

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  12. GuiltGuy

It is ok if witch keeps cc+protections, but some of the skills should be like archer's full bloom. Do high damage when the enemy gets close. Damge reduced when the distance is large. If this is the case then it fair to keep those that have bot cc+protection.

13. WhySoSeeryus

do me a favor. count seven seconds in your in your head. just to get a good measure of what can happen in that time.

then you can go see how much time it takes to cast witch skills. heavens forbid without a speed spell on.

then take a random class with instant stiffen (some have even ranged options) and even average mobility.

lets imagine then that your suggestion passes and the skill doesnt have protection. do the math of how many voltaic pulses could a witch do if she attempts 20 times. keep in mind that she cant cancel skills and use that teleport on 7 second cooldowns once she enters the command for voltaic.

tell me what are your results.

#13 WhySoSeeryus, Jan 13, 2019 at 4:05 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 4:10 PM
  14. GuiltGuy

And yes with renown removed, everybody is more fragile than before and this is what is supposed to be. Either you cc them over the distance and kill them or you die. Im not asking anyone's approval in this forum as I see too many range classes crying for 1vs1. I will keep sending the ticket to remind the developer of large scale battle is broken due to some classes and they should take action for that.

Corrus likes this.
  15. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

So you spend all day sending tickets, no wonder you suck at pvping and cry that range is broken. Instead of learning to counter range you waste your time doing useless things. Lol.

16. Decem

what the heck is feet ?

17. WhySoSeeryus

they already nerfed JIN meteor and blizzard and also added shared damage on them and ranged awaken nukes of witchzards. what is left is not so rangey skills.

18. GuiltGuy

im not picking up a fight with range classes in this forum. thought not even worth to come before. but i started sending tickets after this huge nerf. im not crying. it is the range class crying. im doing the same thing as them do. what comes around goes around. today they listen to some crying range babes to deal the heavy nerf in name of pvp balance. mind you tomorrow they can do the same thing to range classes in name of largescale battle balence we shall end this meaningless conversation

19. GuiltGuy

yes i do know that. wizard is fine,. witch is not.

20. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Read your own posts, you ARE crying.