1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every method for attaining T9 materials

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by FluffyQuack, Sep 28, 2017.

1. RamblingRose

rarely though. I was grinding gahaz for the past few days, got zero

2. Skythx

So the guys in my guild were grinding the mansha mobs in Kama and they say they all got a Rumbling Earth Shard. Link it and all.

3. PandoraRose

@Aastrid has gotten 3 of them from those guys in the last 3 or so days when we've gone for dailies.
    The other 2 of us haven't gotten any. =x
    RNG queen

Conflama likes this.
  4. Aastrid

Yup ive gotten three rumbling earth shards and two forest fruy's! (Sorry Pandora, lets blame Kei)

Conflama likes this.
  5. FluffyQuack

Just added a bunch of info to the first post. I timed some of the daily stuff to see how much time they take. Here's a somewhat realistic and depressing estimate how much work you can expect to do to get a T9:
    • If you do the daily stuff I recommend in the first post, you'll get around 12 T9 items for spending around 60 minutes on daily repeatable stuff. Unfortunately, you'll get more Hoof Roots than anything else, but let's assume for now you can use anything for any category (just to simplify the estimations here). I'm not sure how to calculate how much work it is to get the Earth and Wind Shards, so I'll not count those for now (on the bright side, they're far easier to get than the other T9 items).
    • If you rely on those daily items, you can do one attempt every 8 days. This is assuming you use Cron Stones each time (at a cost of 100m silver) so you only need 100 items per attempt rather than 200 items.
    • Assuming success chance is 5% (which is possibly accurate based on the success rates we've seen), then you can expect to see an average of 20 attempts for every T9 awakened. Assuming you hit that average, it will take 160 days (around 5 months), 2b worth of Cron Stones, and 160 hours of daily repeatables before you get that T9.

#25 FluffyQuack, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Aqua Chama, Najla, Nyrante and 5 others like this.
  6. Tempani

hence why i suggest buffing the success rate, cuz this is ridiculous

7. RainbowRat

wait. 55 peridot leafs daily in kama ( 7hoofs ), daily at stonetail ( 1hoof ) where do the other 4 come from?

Lyu likes this.
  8. FluffyQuack

Maintaining a farm. I'm yet to figure out an exact average (and it also depends heavily on how large your farm is), so that's just an estimated guess.

Also, small tip: Don't select hoof with the daily stonetail ranch quest. If you do all dailies, it's likely you'll end up with too much of that category. I go with Breezy Conch Seaweed as it's extremely unlikely you'll ever end up with too much of that category.

Edit: I just bred most of my crops (nearly 60) and I got 43 byproducts. If I keep my computer on all the time, I can breed my crops twice a day, so I think 4 Stonetail Fodder each day might be a good average. I'll try to check again tomorrow, to see if ~43 byproducts is something I can expect each time. Of course, this heavily depends on how many farms you have. If you have 10 large farms, you'll get a lot more byproducts than what I get.

#28 FluffyQuack, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Tempani likes this.
  9. RainbowRat

oh you meant farming. well i have 5k of each so i don't bother with that anymore xDD i grab all hoof roots i can because these are the only mats i need :C didn't fish any conches yet and haven't had breath drop either...

10. Ithi

ATTENTION

3 of these 6 daily quests are only available if you have less than 351 contribution points

11. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

Swaying Wind Shard & Rumbling Earth Shard can be dropped from Manshaums.

Did you reported this as a bug?
    (WTF, 351CP! :o )

12. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

13. RamblingRose

Why would they penalize people for working hard to get as many CP as they can? It is hurting their most dedicated players. I am only at 298 so am fine, but it doesn't appear fair.

Tergar, Milinia and AdiTenshi like this.
  14. FluffyQuack

I've kept track of how many byproducts I get from farming, and I've got a better idea of how much fodder you can make per day. Assuming you breed crops before they reach 200% (and also make sure there's no pruning or similar action needing to be done), you can expect 1 byproduct per crop on average. What I'm doing right now is that I have two farming sessions per day (shortly after I wake up, and shortly before I go to bed). That way, crops are rarely 200%, and I get over 140 byproducts daily (been using 7 large farms, but I was able to make it 9 today). That means on average I get 7 Stonetail Fodder each day. This adds up nicely with the Kama dailies which give 55 Peridot Leaves which you can turn into 7.8 Hoof Roots each day. If you do all of this and use cron stones, you get enough T9 items for one T9 attempt each week.

Of course, the time spent on this isn't trivial (if you do everything optimally, it's around an hour daily), there's also the cost of cron stones, I haven't counted in the work into getting the Earth and Wind Shards, and the chance of a T9 attempt succeeding is extremely low. But at least I feel like I've found effective ways of making sure I can keep doing T9 attempts in the long run. Now I just need to see if I have the patience to do this stuff daily.

Milinia, Nyrante and Ascaeldor like this.
  15. JustFiyen

Soooo try killing them grass bettles...? XD

16. Sckrull

I got a problem with the above daily quests. I can repeat everyday the quests Good Old Friends, Unwincing Tenacity and Struggle for the Forest, however, I can't repeat Intact Research Material, Mysterious Competitor and Bold Investment.

I have done all the quests in Kama, so I don't know which is the problem why I cannot repeat these 3 quests since I completed them the first time.

Any idea??

17. Adora_Belle

If you're Artisan 1 in Training, Shamhain at Stonetail Ranch has a daily family-wide quest asking you to tame one wild horse for 1 material.

If you are Master trainer: you will get 2 instead of 1 material.

Artisan 4 here - only getting 1 material. Is anyone getting the 2 materials from this quest, or am I doing something wrong?

18. RamblingRose

I am getting two, but am Master. Also this quest I have requires you to register the horse, not just capture.

19. RainbowRat

how are you people doing that? xD 9 farms, but even when breeding everything below 200 i´m far from 100. More like 55. Artisan 1 farmer, using blue sunflowers, purple mushrooms and carrots.

Milinia likes this.
  20. Spartakatz

It's a bit annoying that most of the kamasylve quests are unavailable if you have 350+ CP.

Nyrante, Ascaeldor and Milinia like this.