1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exchange Coupon for new Classes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

We are anticipating the release of the new 18th class, Shai. The various classes available in-game bring so much excitement to the Black Desert Online gameplay. And we always try to provide you with a rewarding experience for raising a new class.

However, we also feel that the current specifications of the Weapon Exchange Coupons, as well as Combat/Skill EXP Exchange Coupons, do not align with the game design vision for the class where we truly want you to grow your understanding and affection of it from the early adventure stages.

As a result, we will be applying the following changes to the specifications of the Weapon Exchange Coupons, Combat/skill EXP Exchange Coupon, and the Trial Characters available in-game. Please find the full details in the chart below:

[​IMG]

※ The changes above will take effect from after June 26 regular maintenance.
    ※ These changes will not affect the previous 17 classes.

We appreciate your understanding as we strive to make Black Desert Online a fully immersive experience for everyone.

-BDO Team

TarjaMagus, Kripion, cloj and 14 others like this.
  2. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Although I expect people to uproar because they can't use their already enhanced and upgraded weapons on their new exciting class, I fully understand why this is done. And I kinda agree with it.

People should enjoy new classes and experience them from the ground up.
    However, at the same time, this should be a choice by the player too be completely honest. If people want to enjoy growing the class from the ground up, they can. But if they wish to just rush to endgame with their already endgame gear, they should have been able to.

Stillwaters, Kanimae, cloj and 7 others like this.
  3. Serimorph

Sad that this change has happened. Guess I'm stuck using green weapons for 30 days because I cant afford to level new tet boss weapons. Seems like just a way to sell artisan memories more than wanting us to experience the class.

4. KaBuum

Combat and Skill XP sure, but weapons really? Seems more like you want to sell more artisans and such then allowing people to just roll some nerfed classes weapons.

Next you'll tell us using our existing boss armor on a new class breaks the experience.

No one wants to re-experience balneos for the 18th time.

#4 KaBuum, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  5. MrJammers

Bonus I can't buy the weapon coupons now so I saved money :D (£100)

Stillwaters, Ruffe and Mirajane like this.
  6. Z0ld3n

Combat / Skill EXP Exchange Coupons is not available to purchase?

7. Mimimimi

you know what shouldn't align with your game design vision? costume melting.

8. Iway

Stupid idea I'm disappointed :(

MikeyMutz, Elgroln, Ruffe and 5 others like this.
  9. Sevyrn

Good change. Thanks guys <3

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  10. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Combat XP exchange coupons? They don't even have to level the goddamn thing anymore?

11. Kaleg

This change is kinda sad as people with pens/blackstar depend on coupons to be able to reroll to new classes.
    The bigger problem is that it makes it impossable for a lot of people to play shai in node wars for the first 30 days, let alone siege.

#11 Kaleg, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Elgroln, Ruffe and Sillly like this.
  12. Z0ld3n

Where to buy on EU servers Combat / Skill EXP Exchange Coupons?

13. Malketaz

Your opinion as a representative, means nothing. Consumer is always right. Not PR. Sorry bud. This is a stupid decision, and it's glaringly obvious that it's to keep the ARTISAN MEMORY, COSTUME MELTING pay to win scheme running.

SavageOpress[SX00], Ruffe and Sillly like this.
  14. Sillly

"Combat/Skill EXP, Exchange Coupons, do not align with the game design"
    Can you guys just admit you thought that you'd get more money out of people buying bells and artisans than from XP/Reroll Coupons instead of making up dog crap excuses.
    I think the EXP Exchange Coupons gate is a good idea, but gating weapon rerolls? When no other class has ever been gated like this? You guys basically just halted this class' release for another month, how ignorant.

SavageOpress[SX00], Panz and Mirajane like this.
  15. Ѧ| Chaotic

This is a great change in terms of this games design and only those dedicated enough will experience the new classes as its meant to be in the first place, not skipping everything in terms of character progression in this game. I love this change as it is truly
    Again those who want to skip the character progression may do so and can convince themselves of the true release date for their respective self is 30 days later on or 180 days for combat/skill xp.

All the people saying it is a bad change just want to rush things and this game is a marathon, not a sprint. I truly hope the developers keep it a marathon for the longevity of this game and anyone that does not like this fact can move on because this is also what i believe what makes BDO unique to other MMORPG and fun to me personally. You need to earn things, not be handed free things just cause they were not dedicated enough to going for it themselves.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Ubbles, JM and Foggen like this.
  16. MrJammers

Would you really spend more money on costume melting/artisan than €100 for full transfer?
    Not sure of the rates for costumes.
    This is stupid though. I saved myself money so I can thank them for that. If I'm going to wait 30 days I might as well wait for them to appear on the marketplace and pay the extra.

17. Sillly

I'm sorry but your response has more bias and Kakao d*** riding than most Ambassador posts. This has nothing to do with them wanting us to experience the class, its entirely because they think they can get more money out of it. Don't be a sheep.

18. Evengelius

[​IMG]

Tjaranis, Ben Phoenix and MrJammers like this.
  19. Rsnubje

This thread is gold. Before every other class release, we never had reroll coupons. Only every once in a while, but now the coupons are a permanent addition to the game, it's suddenly a problem you can't reroll instantly at release?

Itago and Ubbles like this.
  20. MrJammers

Well its not like the game takes long to level. 1-56 takes an hour.
    56,59 is like around 4% each pack at miru so leveling isn't an issue.
    Progression is easy its the most lazy progression ever for people who have already done it. As for weapons it just takes time. Coupons were a convenience but if your willing to spend money for the pearls then 30 days isn't going to matter to be honest.
    And everything isn't handed to anyone they had to earn it and just because they want to change to another class doesn't mean that they're not dedicated just want to keep their sanity than repeat the same **** for hours AGAIN.
    Have a good day too ^ ^

SavageOpress[SX00] and Kaleg like this.