1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exchange Coupon for new Classes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Mirajane

Just Kakao Being a Con Artist again , you know what would actually be useful , inventory swap Coupons , but then they would lose more money and sooner or later well get Kama Tree and mervs palliate when buying inventory bundles , to force us to boost there sales , instead of coming out with real content cause idk if Kakao realizes EVENTS ARE NOT CONTENT, how about you guys come out with more 30 sec Trailer on your stream , that was such a joke

2. MrJammers

Inv swap coupons YEEES omg take my money! *throws*

Evengelius likes this.
  3. Aisell

Wish I could believe you but most likely, you just want to milk the community of artisans

4. Malketaz

"Marathon"
    Is spending twenty thousand dollars on costumes a marathon?
    I think the "marathon" is different for players who don't spend money, and for those who exploit or cheat, buy accounts or account share with silver grinding services.
    I've run the goddamn Marathon, now let me enjoy new classes without needing to repeat the same stale content, over and over again. The grind in this game is ****ing boring. The community, in game world and pvp is what keeps me here. The community is shriveling up, and the pvp still has net code/desync problems.
    Micromanaging how players play your game, and then trying to justify your decisions with glaring double standards just makes you look bad, and the knights who flock to your defense look even worse.

5. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

That is the right kind of attitude.

Options are always better.

6. TeRRoRibleOne

The reason why this is being put in is because you want artisan sales, no one is stupid.

7. Lefteye

Will never understand the mindset of people who want to force their own opinions on others. As you stated it’s “fun to you personally”. Other people have gone through the gearing up process enough times that they’re sick of it.

Without this change, people who wanted to grow the new class from the ground up could. People who didn’t want to could skip it. Taking away options is rarely ever a good thing. Also, how exactly is it being handed things for free, when all the different reroll coupons cost well over $100? That’s pretty much the opposite of free.

8. Blitzball

So , we can create a Lv.1 Shai and use lifeskill coupon to get Master level Alchemy & Gathering to any char ? :D

Landaine likes this.
  9. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

as much as I understand the convenience aspect of "rerolling" coupons...
    I'd rather have ppl lvup and experience the "new" class they wanna "main" as all the hardworking players do and not by $$ ...
    by the time you will hit 60 or even b4 then you may find the class not really your thing... and you might end up wasting money on a class that might not even b for u lol
    +BRAND NEW CLASS "reroll" is even a worse idea...
    even as "traditional" reroll of simply buying the items for the new class and often selling your old main's gears... I did that so far 2 times with mystic and archer's arrival... and didnt took a week~2weeks before rerolled back to my old main...
    rerolling option should b limited for X times every X months.
    so the change imo is a blessing. even thou rerollers still gonna b cancer as people follow the "meta" bs instead enjoying classes regardless ... >.>"

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  10. Factorial

This is the crux of the change in reality, not the bull**** explanation about wanting adventurers to learn and develop into the class. Otherwise, level 1 to 60 wont take like a day as it currently happens to be. Exaggerating for effect.

Everyone knows that the development of a class starts after being PVP ready. PVE is done with 1-4 skills repeated.

Anyways, It's all about milking people more with artisan memories and the like. Pearl abyss had a conundrum with their own greed and the exchange coupons. This was just another scam so that they steal more money from people, nothing else.

11. Why does this need to happen? Re-enhancing boss weapons isn't going to 'grow my understanding and affection' for a class that I already know I want to play. I can fully understand not wanting people to use the EXP/SP coupons on the new class, but I can't think of any good reason (other than to push Artisans sales/costume melting) for you to stop us from rolling our weapons.

I really hope you reconsider this change.

12. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

after watching the new limitations on "reroll"s and whatnot
    why new class can't b created on TRIAL right away ???
    imo you should limit TRIAL characters to be **ONLY** for BA since that's at least for me the only reason I create TRIAL characters... to test builds addons skill testing etc... not for rbf or any real "pvp" content... so I don't get why new classes trial gets limited to a month after release of new class.
    it should also help you decide whether or not to main that class and level it that far without wasting resources and time as you experiment with the class in the actual game :\

Factorial likes this.
  13. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

I personally agree with the change. Likely everyone who is complaining wanted to reroll Shai. Welcome to BDO, play the game and don't impulse buy.

So these changes are good for a few reasons.
    1. They can balance the class before everyone is geared to the teeth.
    2. It reduces the amount of enhancement materials flooding the market.
    3. Your PEN boomerang will mean something in the first 30 days.

It's bad because.
    1. People think they just wanna sell artisan memories. Wrong. They will sell weight/inventory as always.
    2. People will complain about content, even though we got 4 new grind areas in the past month and a new best in slot weapon, with updates to existing zones following. (Seriously, I don't get these people. How stupid are you?)
    3. The only real bad change, people who had their heart set on the class will have to wait 30 days if they don't want to enhance.

Critical thinking isn't that hard. Before slamming a company because they changed something, you should logically determine the reasons why.

14. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

push artisans and outfit melting that's something a specific part of bdo's community that will ALWAYS use heavily regardless gear rerolling coupons. so doubt that's the reason.
    I'd say it's an attempt to stop the flood in game of specific classes as you might notice in certain areas more musas and archers and much less of other classes (if popularity increased on any other classes please forgive me for not noticing it :x )
    I'm still baffled bout the trial character limitation thou :\

15. Ѧ| Chaotic

Who said i was forcing any of my opinions on anyone? if that's what you got from my own opinion then that is your fault for not reading properly. Never did i say something that would seem like i was forcing any of my opinions on anyone.

Again you should reread what i said, i never mention the coupons when stating this so i was obviously saying this generally for everything that can be earned in game for BDO. Probably my fault tho i shouldn't have talked generally when this topic is about the coupons so i apologize.

btw they never did take away the option completely, and people should be grateful for this. People ask for no p2w yet this can be considered p2w for many peoples definition of p2w in this game.

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

17. MrJammers

Its not that big of a change it just slows down people who cant be arsed to upgrade because they have done it too many times. Its not groundbreaking in anyway. What is going to be annoying is upgrading because there is going to be a lot of people buying all the requires materials. Plus by then awakening will be out so you can fully re-roll xD
    But if your going to wait 30 days just see if anyone puts on marketplace and save yourself money and maybe only transfer the awakening. Tbh they've done a favor for me by forcing me to not be impatient and over spend.

18. Tjaranis

unlimited grind so you can pay forever -_-
    see we let you move stuff you didn't pay for and then make you pay for everything again and design everything to push this on top of our already insane greed setup of enhancing and p2w crazy power gabs :D :D :D
    scummy and scammy as ****..

Ruffe likes this.
  19. Ruffe

Ruffe Ninja 64 EU

communist PA whit there scams at it again, and deep T.....ing knights defending it lol xD, p2w disguised as "convince" false advertsments baked in whit lies upon lies "lets make the slaves think we going to have a "free market" then bam full on communist central market! destroy years of ppls investment smash that silver value in the ground, there lies and bait n switch tacs bites there ass like allways patty as thieves... only thing lower then PA are the wk shills defending it, humans u are foolish xD

20. Factorial

That's the point though: they want you to waster resources i.e. real money for the sake of their benefit. When you trial a class, you spend no money, but if you start off at ground zero with a new class, your chance of spending money on it rises.

Anyway, you agree with them forcing players to run the same treadmill repeatedly and be milked for it so I guess this is just, but ironic rewards.

Elgroln and Panz like this.