1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exchange Coupon for new Classes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 61 NA

I think it's a great idea... Personally, I'm sick to death of seeing a million FOTM rerolls at full fricken pen when a new class has just been released or a class gets an op buff/nerf. I really think you should be limited to 1 purchase of all that transfer crap too, but it should have no kind of expiry date on it.

Foggen and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

problem is, while your wanted option might increase fun for you, it might decrease fun for other players.

Ѧ| Chaotic and Chaos Ronin like this.
  3. MrJammers

Adding 30 days isn't going to change anything because her awakening isn't out yet, I do like the idea of the limited purchase though, but imo people should have freedom in a buy to play game. Also the 30day wait doesn't apply to the 17 other classes only Shai and probably anything after her release.

Ruffe likes this.
  4. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Uhm.... Soooo, just because I took up a volunteer job as Discord moderator makes my opinion any less valid?
    I have been playing this game since launch, my friend. I have invested thousands of euros worth of pearls into this game just like any other player.
    So that makes me as much, if not more of a "consumer" than you.

5. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

this is a really good thing. we can actually learn the class how it's supposed to be learnt instead of playing some sandbox style game where you instantly have everything at max lvl but know nothing on the class whatsoever.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  6. Stabby

Guys, this coupon thing was known long before today. Mystic, Lahn and Archer all had the same rules. Research old debates about the coupon if you're new. Get over it.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  7. MrJammers

Leveling is like 1-56 in an hour so it wont really change anything other than you now cant grind in higher areas because you have to upgrade/wait for a weapon, not that there is much to learn on her simplistic play style as they said in the stream.
    It legit doesn't change anything, people who are willing to buy it in the first place wont mind waiting for 30 days, which isn't long. And tbh its damage for pvp isnt why you even want to play her. Shes a support character, so as long as I can send my armor over then lol im happy.

Changing the exp you get in a party would be the first step into fixing the situation because then you don't have a weapon (if it doesn't share with any of the other classes) and you can't get boosted. So it takes you time to do the same stuff as always, grind.
    Playing solo with weapons takes a little while longer because of accuracy and stuff.
    Boosting in Mirumok for example with a friend is like 1-60 in a few days.

8. FHQ

FHQ

So I'm interested in rerolling to a new class from Ninja, not Shai though. Can I still use the combat xp and weapon exchange coupons for an already existing class in the game? Are these caveats exclusive to people who want to reroll to Shai?

9. MrJammers

Nope not the other classes only Shai i beleive. Not sure about the exp one.
    ※ The changes above will take effect from after June 26 regular maintenance.
    ※ These changes will not affect the previous 17 classes.

10. FHQ

FHQ

yeah It's terribly vague. I hope it does though. I don't want to relevel a class to level 62 again.

11. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

You will have to wait the time to use an exchange coupon for Shai and Shai only. You may reroll the other 17 classes freely.

This actually isn't true regarding restrictions. The coupons simply weren't available to purchase.

#51 YamikunOkami, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
  12. Factorial

The freedoms granted by more options aren't a means to oppressing someone else when those options are global to everyone.

Just because someone can afford to reroll a thousand times a minute should not and does not decrease your fun. If someone changing classes or rerolling to a FOTM is somehow decreasing or ruining your fun, then you are the problem.

The solution at that point would be as simple as getting a life.

Far too many people are more concerned with what someone has or is doing/achieving, which breeds envy and jealousy, instead of doing things the right way: worrying about yourself and minding your own business.

#52 Factorial, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019
  13. Foggen

Foggen Musa 62 NA

This coming from a person who is ENRAGED over not being able to P2W reroll new classes on day one.

JM and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  14. fobia696

Honestly if you all cared about the vision of experiencing a new class there would have been some limit to stop us from transfering our armor via bank to our new class and not be damn near immortal in pve. but statistically armor is not the direct target of Cronning and artisans usually. its the weapons, and will bring in the most haul $$$$.

Nice sandbox mmo experience, less freedoms of choice matches the theme.

Theres no way to defend that the main objective is Artisan & outfita (crons).
    Because the average can easily Tet saved weapon boxes within 24 hours and have said character to 60 if not 61.(and probably have to use up whatever artisans they had saved from previous releases)
    However the other side of the coin cant unless they use artisans and get a few outfits to cron up.
    In a way i respect your using both barrels to hit both sides of the playerbase isle for maximizing profits.
    Thirdly gearing up a seperate character in such a way (one that promotes better lifeskilling / gathering) puts a pressure on the Tag system (see investors! i swear it was a good idea we spent resources on making that feature!) Allowing justification of pooling inv / weight more into a duo of characters at once.
    Well played.

Both types of players would have saved a lot more (and more hassle) with just a coupon switch.
    With the memory fragment void and an average 8000 in artisans per weapon with the badluck factored in and impatient enhancing. profits would be tons higher with a coupon lock.

#54 fobia696, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    ♥Vittles♥ and Elgroln like this.
  15. Sillly

I'm enraged that they jump at ways to cash grab before they jump at ways to please the community. Keep assuming stuff, braindead sheep.

Lefteye and Elgroln like this.
  16. ♥Vittles♥

They are not Wal-mart, They are not looking for ways to help us save money!
    which is too bad, I don't like feeling gouged

fobia696 likes this.
  17. Khondo

They are a business, not a community service program.

People will pay, so why not make money on it.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  18. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 62 NA

What you need to do is take the exchange coupons away or make them limited time only like they used to be but I know that’s out of the question you have to milk every single cent from this community before the game fully dies.

Elgroln likes this.
  19. Elgroln

I really feel like this would be the best solution because they should be available to everyone or no one. I can already see that either just before or right when Shai comes out we will have a sale on Artisans or costumes.

20. Tiffyshade

Since the effect starts on the 26th is this the confirmed release date.?
    I hoped the we got the same start as the Korean server