1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exp Boost Event for Kamasylvia Release Plz?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shibou, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Shibou

We need more people to level up, both new and old, so more people can enjoy the new kama content. The amount of people level 58+ is a surprisingly low portion of the total player base.

EDIT: I've decided the level progression curve is just broken and no little exp event can fix it, Kakao needs to get its **** together and stop making it take less than 24 hours to get from lvl 1 to lvl 56 but then take hundreds of hours to get from lvl 56 to lvl 60, you can't keep a large player base with this gigantic wall.

#1 Shibou, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Dazed James likes this.
  2. Sorath

We need a month long event of 200% contribution exp as no one has 500 contribution points yet either.

3. Thanak

Are you serious ? Seems 85% of my guild has a level 60.

There is tons of content pre-60 to experience, no need to cram everyone on the new expension simply because it just got release.

Release end game zone for end game player. Those player will free the lower level zones and spreed the population around. The lvl 56-59 can enjoy less competition while he grind the lower lvl content.

4. Shibou

The last player census showed only about 5% of the player base was lvl 56+, you think just because you're in a guild of level 60s that everyone is lvl 60? You need to pay better attention to what's going on outside your little clique. Also, what about new or returning players that come to BDO out of interest in Kamasylvia? Are we not going to give them any incentive to stick around so they might be able to enjoy the expansion?

Jannanomana likes this.
  5. Thanak

Even if I agree that my point of view on level is bias, it doesn't change my opinion.

You don't have to fastract everyone everytime you release a new expension. What it the point of having progression in game if you basicly reset the progression everytime there is a new expension.

There are castle siege in game, that sound like fun... should we just put everyone in siege guilds level of gear so they can enjoy it ?

There is a vast world out there and plenty of stuff to experience while you get to 60. Yet people just want to speed the progression so much that everyone basicly burn through content super fast and then hang around near the cap for months while we wait for the next expension.

Finish the content that is already there before going for the new one... Finishing it mean actually grinding in it for a while, not just rushing through the zone and saying I'm done.

#5 Thanak, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    YajStylez and ronniejw like this.
  6. SheBeast

Theres not going to be much in part 1 unless youngoing to farm to awaken to T9
    That's my plan.

7. Anthama

8. Shibou

I simply have an interest in not seeing this player base die like it did in Vindictus because of something as simple as level progression.

We all know gear score matters way more than your level when it comes to competency in both PVP and PVE, as if it's not grindy enough having to get all the gear and mats and going through the RNG enchant system to get a decent gear score, you also have to put in hundreds of hours of boring mob grinding just to gain a couple levels?

Sure, Vindictus is actually still alive right now and you can go and log in if you like, you know what you're going to see? A genuinely empty game with only a handful of dedicated players at level cap with extremely high stats, because that's what the game has turned into, a boring grind that no one except a couple hundred dedicated people play.

Streamlining leveling in this game to be less of a grind wouldn't create some dreaded imbalance when there's still the grind for gear that everyone loves oh so much, all it does is let people participate in some PVE content without having to crawl through the trial of the thousand-hour mob grind. But honestly I'm not even asking for more streamlined leveling right now, all I'm asking for is a short exp boost event.

Ventesa likes this.
  9. Thanak

But you know that if they add xp boost, you will just push people toward more mindless grinding.

People that grinded did it to get an edge. Make grinding easier and everyone will rush to grind again to keep their place in the food chain. When joe average is 60, 60 is no longer enough for T2+ nodewar player.

Now I'm happy at 60 doing my grind hour daily and hitting 61 in 4 months. If they make XP easier, everyone turn 60, then I'll pop my books of combat and grind hard core to hit 61 in two weeks. The current 61 will hard core even more than me to get to 62... basicly doing exacly the opposite of what you want to accomplish.

Sizer likes this.
  10. RedBulliChain

So we need lifeskill exp bonus too since many trader can't use margoria

Sorath likes this.
  11. Shibou

Well that's just the curse of having a soft cap, is there will always be people pushing to see how far they can get when they put all their time and resources into it. Maybe if PA did a better job of creating viable grind spots for people lvl 56+ in Valencia and lvl 58+ in Kamasylvia, then grinding for level gains wouldn't be as tedious of a task as we're used to it being now.

I have nothing against you grinding your heart out to see how far you can get, be as elite as you want to be, I just am against the idea that that intense level of grinding should be necessary just to be able to participate in the basic content. That is how a game drives people away and ends up dead, when you need to play the game like it's a job just to be able to participate.

Ventesa likes this.
  12. Prasao

Not needed

13. BloodyPleasure

BloodyPleasure Sorceress 62 EU

This is simply wrong. The graphic showed 5% of all characters are lvl 56+, which is a huge difference!

For example 5 of my 13 characters are 56+, while most players do not level more than 1 or 2 to 56+

14. NESTINAR

I dont know what the hype is its the same rotation of grind killing the same mobs...
    The only thing that is nice is the beauty of the new zone :)

15. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

only their own fault for not leveling up and staying plebs.
    it's like the highschool drop-out that complains he's stuck working at McD's.

play more than 2 days before complaining.

16. Thanak

It is not as it is now. Do your daily grind hour and with all the bonus we get, you can get to 60 in less than 6 month.

Have you finish everything else and you need Kamasylvia to have something to do in game ? You have people crying for new content that didn't even finish all the main questlines and finish exploring all the world map.

You can't do Mediah content at lvl 20
    You can't grind Bashim at lvl 52
    Kamasilvia is a high level zone that you should do when you get to that point.

I don't think that pushing everyone to become high level fast is the solution.

Doom Smack likes this.
  17. Sizer

biased opinion, why'd you quit your previous game MMO ?

Amerrante likes this.
  18. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

LOL you're full of ****... You cant accidentally be under 56 at this point unless you simply dont launch the game.

I have a afk fisher that I took from 50 to 56, just from afk fishing. rofl

Thanak likes this.
  19. Shibou

Because Vindictus is absolutely THRIVING right now, totally didn't lose 90% of their player base and are only surviving on literally a couple hundred whales like you who live for the grind, not like any game has ever died ever because they catered only to you and people who have jobs and real lives outside the game didn't feel like throwing all that away to be a virtual badass.

I quit that game because it was BORING, I was at level cap with top gear and everyone was leaving slowly, became more and more empty and even the whales barely played anymore, the game is dead so what's the point of playing a game where you sit in town all day and make server announcements for an hour just to get 7 other people to join your raid?

20. Sizer

between us , Vindictus is a bad game. it's a dungeon lobby, nothing close to BDO.
    90 % player probably left because they tought it was an MMO but they figured out it was just trash dungeons grinder. ( same reasons WoW numbers crash 2months after each expension ) dungeons grinder are dull and boring.

red : and yet you want to ease the levelling on everyone so they cap level and sit in town all day waiting for siege ? or waiting all day for arena ?

I'd be tempted to call you names.

Taj and LordBrasca like this.