1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exp Boost Event for Kamasylvia Release Plz?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shibou, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Thanak

How little do you want to be able to play to be able to access end game content ?

My RL wife started BDO ultra casually (about 1 hour per day), it took her a grand total of two weeks to hit 56.

Sizer likes this.
  2. TeRRoRibleOne

Levels mean absolutely nothing without gear. Most of you barely have gear to do Valencia yet you think you can do Kamasylvia..... Blows my mind that most of these new players want to put no effort or time into the game to get to the same spot as people who have played since release.

Sizer likes this.
  3. Shibou

Funnily enough I hear people sometimes complain that there are no dungeons in BDO, you know the kind where you go through and at the end you get a reward, but I do prefer open world over instanced.

Also, you act as if that many people are going to be flooding PVP, haven't we all had this argument a thousand times before in forums that majority of people are PVEing? Valencia 6 sure is crowded, huh?

4. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

I've started at launch , work 40h/50h per week as a tech drafter in architect firm , got kids/wife/house.
    I have couple characters over 58 main is 60.60 over 510gs.

this guy is just a pleb and believe BDO should be WoW 2.0 so he can play a whole month and move to another trash game.

5. Sizer

over 2000 players fight every night on node wars , so yes I'd say people do pvp.
    instanced content is cancer ( arena included ) and so is equalised gears.

Taj, Thanak and Amerrante like this.
  6. Shibou

Of course getting to lvl 56 is easy as ****, PA made it easy as ****, then it suddenly spikes in difficulty after that. Is it that hard to create equalized level progression, why does it take 2 days to get from lvl 1 to lvl 56 playing casually but then it takes months to get from lvl 56 to 60? It's unbalanced. If you're concerned about people exploring the world around them while they level, then why aren't you complaining about people flying by the lvl 55 and below activities in mere hours?

Ventesa likes this.
  7. Amerrante

Amerrante DarkKnight 61 EU

liar :(

Sizer likes this.
  8. Sizer

tutorial - > soft cap -> second soft cap -> infinity
    1-56 - > 56-60 - > 61 - > 8===========================================D

Taj likes this.
  9. Allecarius

It is not surprising. When Kakao jams the 56+ into a single spot forcing fights and sharing the result if slowing down the growth. This was 'working as intended', so they can use the excuse "we'd love to give you Kama, but you just aren't ready. Keep grinding!"

10. Allecarius

No. You must be 'this tall to ride this ride'. If you think every expansion will have content for everyone, you are sadly mistaken.

11. LordBrasca

LordBrasca LordBrasca Ninja 61 EU

Please don't compare BDO to Vindictus in that way.
    Vindictus was trash for the simple fact that in order to play the godamn game either you needed to have something equal or superior to 20Mb/s and a good PC or you had to hope that the host had enough brain to understand that attack doesn't mean a goddamn thing past a certain point since the damage was capped (at least for the first 2 years where i was still playing).
    Everyday i had to deal with the same entitled guy that would kick me because "ehhh lann is trash" or "sry but you have 15990 instead of the required 16000" just in order to have that 1% chance to earn something worth to sell (yeah because after the first year they nerfed all of the trash loots to the ground, making them literally worthless).

BDO on the other hand it's not locked behind being a good host, also it's far easier to make money since you are not forced into world bosses and the trashloot here at least has some value.... i mean even if your RNG in matter of drops sucks you have multiple ways to get around it.

Sizer likes this.
  12. Thanak

Yeah it's stupid, you wont get any argument from me there.

But it's like this because of people like you asking for XP buff to see new content.

When the game started, getting to 50 was a journey. Before Valencia release grinding to 56 took a real amount of time. Going 55 to 56 then took me more time than going from 56 to 59 when I returned to the game 3months ago.

13. PKaBoo

PKaBoo Tamer 62 EU

I'm nowhere near being geared yet as I prep myself to having mystic, only now I'm starting enhance myown gear since it seems too hardcore snip it off the market lol and you having this argument of having an xp boost for kama o_O?
    kama is gonna b a "game changer" from the looks of it, forcing or encouraging people to party for grinding as the party system will change... harder mobs, harder content... just the content itself and probably also the rewards from the new area should encourage people to lvup harder instead go all "casual"... but lvling itself won't do it since it's harder region to grind at... you also need the gears, and that means grinding for xp AND money :D
    I don't think we need xp boost event for kama, if people wanna participate in kama content they should simply lvup gear up and b ready for it, if not ~ tough. I don't want bdo to end up like some other MMOs I played that started giving goodies to new comers and returning players, giving them awesome gears to help them get started while others busted their a$$es to git gud >.<
    I have highest energy and cp in my guild and pretty decent gears (getting better every day :D ) but I'm still not ready for kama, still need more ap~dp and still need get my mystic's offhand to TRI since it's the only thing I'm missing for her arrival which is still unknown :c
    I don't want b spoonfed by kakao having stuff coming easy to us I wanna feel like I progress by hard work and not getting gifts for being a veteran player or a returning... or a new player... I wanna feel rewarded when I get my gears better... get to a certain level... after finally hitting lv58 on my kuno I started appreciate those that are 58+ more coz it's not that obvious it's hard work, it's mindless grinding for xp it's not for everyone that's for sure lol you need be in a certain state of mind be determined to get there, it would make those hard work players feel like tr@sh if some xp boost event will suddenly pop at their door, fresh higher lv, prolly with crappy gear and silly pks over the spots of the veteran players...
    just don't need it xD

14. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 62 EU

Well, what's this story of getting to 60 just for the sake of being 60? Is there something "magickal" about it?

Of course there isn't. You can be 60 with 300 GS, good luck with that over there in lovely new Kamasylvia. On the other hand, I bet level 58s or even 57s would do much better, even if considered "underleveled", with say a meaty GS of 550.

Sure, I might be totally wrong, but in the end of the day and after 1.5 years in our lovely BDO, the only thing that I feel ever mattered is indeed GS, which translates to actual gear. Poop gear = poop performance, almost everywhere. Godly gear = let's say, much better performance virtually everywhere. Yep, all other factors contribute (of course some of them ridiculous classes we somehow still have around), but in a few words, great gear could translate into something like 3-4-5-6 (pick a number) more actual levels than someone at higher level with poopy gear.

And also my very own little irrelevant opinion: Kamasylvia (at least the "hard" part of it) was going to be a fail before it even happened, more so in our awesome "western" version, simply because the actual gear requirements are still a distant dream for much of the player base. And grouping up won't mean much either, like.. want to get trampled solo or in the company of friends, the difference won't be that much. Again, for all those players well below the obscene gear requirements, and there are plenty, and I could take a wild guess that there are also lvl 60s out there that fit into the picture.

Nice attempt... but in the end, just meh - sorry.

15. 6footgeeks

If you think levels are why you cant enjoy kama i got bad news for you

its your gear

really. just gear.

16. 2Cents

They should balance the grind areas obviously, but you're missing an important point. It's a broken system. They simply double your exp each level until it's impossible which only takes a few levels. So the "Tedious" part is guaranteed.

17. 2Cents

You would be better off with reducing the exp by 80%. That way you might have decent gear by the time you level up, FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PLAY AND DON'T AFK OR EXPLOIT.

Morwath and Sizer like this.
  18. Shibou

You know what, I've thought about what you said, and you're right that asking for an exp buff event doesn't fix the problem. At most it's a tiny band-aid on a big wound, which is that the level progression in this game is very unbalanced.

You can get from lvl 1 to lvl 56 in a very short time, and then once you hit lvl 56 it suddenly jumps in difficulty, with each new level requiring twice as much exp as the level before it. This results in hundreds of hours of grinding to get from lvl 56 to lvl 60 when it only took less than 24 hours of grinding to get from lvl 1 to lvl 56. People rush past the lvl 55 and below activities without doing them, fly into the lvl 56+ content, and then become quickly bored and disenfranchised with the grind.

I also think this lopsided level progression would be discouraging to new players, who are rewarded early in with easy leveling, and then all of a sudden hit a wall when they reach awakening and they have to suddenly go hardcore on the mob grind to catch up to their lvl 60 peers, without even mentioning the gear grind.

My thoughts when mentioning the idea of an exp event for Kama was to get people more active and involved with the new content, but thinking about it now, it doesn't really fix the issue of level progression at all.

Ventesa and Thanak like this.
  19. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

What about instant 60 scrolls with PEN gear?

20. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Welcome to 2017 where opinion is more relevant than facts, boyes.