1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploit or Not, but let's make it easier anyways since we cannot use our imagination... sigh...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Oct 9, 2019 at 2:43 AM.

1. Pavo

You can now move a quantity of items that equals the maximum weight a mount can possess (214,000 LT for a horse) at once, when moving the items from the Storage to the Mount Inventory.

• It is now more comfortable and easier to move a Storage item to a mount when selling any Processed Trade Goods.

• These rules will be applied to Land Mounts only.

• The rules are not applicable to Guild Mounts.
    I'm not going to dig up all the people that were adamant that over stacking a mount (since this works on basically any mount) was a bug and an exploit only for the devs to do this LOL

This isn't a complaint about the mechanic per say, because it's all we have, but I find it extremely discouraging that a company that has raked in over a Billion in revenue and has currently over ONE THOUSAND employees (mostly developers and I know they currently have 4 projects going at once, per the CEO at the last earnings call FYI) can't find a single person to actually develop a mechanic like this.

**** they refuse to "fix" active wagon trading. The Forest Path Wagon is a frkn glorified Forest Training Wagon, because that's all it's basically good for.

I mean a simple "fix" to the wagons weight to get it around 3-4k LT with upgrades is just too much to ask for?! ( sorry I've been "nagging" about the weight issues since they doubled the value of all npc trader, trade items, but at the same time doubling their weight making it impossible to take more than like 6 of the heavy Valencia Trade goods... WTF?)

1 Thousand people can't even come up with a good in game way of "over stacking" instead of just taking a bug/ lazy coding and running with it.

The fact that the game was "coded" with mounts having a max of 214,000 LT weight is beyond ****ing retarded. While at the same time a fully upgraded horse has a "max" LT of like 400 or so (T9) and slows the f down at like 1k LT or something like that.

The fact this "feature" was FIXED a couple of years ago in Korea, only for the Koreans to mass protest and have the FIX REVERSED, to me, speaks volumes of the lack of creativity/ pride/ responsibility/ and just plain old caring to all the people involved in this.

It's just such a "simple" fix to just make active trading "fun/ viable" again and make some sort of mechanic to deal with mass crates.

I guess giving us UI elements that can't be moved or removed is just priority number 1.

/ end rant thanks for your time(s)

Patrik2991, MMoNoob, Denthors and 2 others like this.
  2. Khondo

Wagon trading so 2016......

Seriously, they do have to focus on things that the majority of people want, I don't think to many people make noise about wagon trading.

I love the new change, not only good for moving crates but moving anything between warehouses.

3. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I'm going to guess the real reason they implemented that change is because using the old method of stacking crates would have just been incredibly cumbersome on consoles and they decided to change it for the new paypigs.

Just a speculation on my end rly.

Saccharin and gekko like this.
  4. Pavo

Not sure if you want to argue or what your "issue" is, but if that's all you took away from my "rant", shame on you, but thanks for the bump.... I guess.

Also, I don't care if you understand or not, but I actually enjoyed active trading and ACTIVELY, with my trader wagon, actively traded all the way up to M10.

Than some scumbag found the rolling exploit and active trading has been broken since. Than they doubled the weight of all NPC trade goods so now you can barely take more than 8 or so items on your wagon/ elephant before losing all abilities. Actually I think the elephant get's to be overweight more before it loses it's skills.

Also for them to buff an "bug/ exploit" instead of "fixing" the system is just ****ing lazy... especially for over 1k developers raking on over a billion... WTF kind of twilight zone we living in?!

Yup exactly. It was tedious as **** moving 10's of thousands of crates around just so you can spend over 1-2 hours at the trade npc to sell all that ****.

Instead of making a fun, in game mechanic to deal with this.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. zhagsten

Don't worry, we'll soon have Manos system and you'll see, they'll tackle trading lifeskill and wagons. It's gonna be another fun activity to do!

MMoNoob and Findubar like this.
  6. LithicForm

wait. PA has over a thousand employees? huh. thought it was like 250 or something. or maybe thats how many ppl they have working on BDO

7. Findubar

No uh, Manos will just take the fun out of it since you will have to do it less for the same result! Are you telling me that carrying 1000 items at a time is more fun than carrying 100 in 10 times?! With gameplay this compelling and good you just trick yourself out of it!

gekko and zhagsten like this.
  8. XXew

They tried to remove this 'unwanted' feature of overstacking your horse in KR one time. Immediate rollback coz KR protested.

9. Lord_Xenon

Funny thing: They already have a system in place to give items different values for weight.
    But before someone think the VT from warehouse would be a good system as well for mounts/or something similiar, then you forget that the system would to overloaded with 3 different weightstats. And it would either remove the 'feature' of overstacking your horse(remove of the exploit with the replacement 3rd weightstat) or could make horse way better for transporting crates.

10. Pavo

Yes if you look at their quarterly report and the last big interview the CEO did (which now might be a few months old actually) he said they have over 1k employees with the vast majority of them being developers to boot. He did mention they are currently working on 4 separate projects ( one of them being the stand alone alter of blood game).

It might have been the conference call/ interview where he disclosed that BDO has broken the 1 billion in total revenue mark.

https://pearlabyss.com/ir?lang=en

https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/12/...s-rakes-in-huge-profits-builds-six-new-games/

For some reference.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Khondo

Hey, not here to argue or disagree with you, just giving you my viewpoint on what has transpired.

BDO is full of content and things to do. This is a great thing but sometimes things don't get changed the way some people want.

12. Pavo

I think there was a bit of misunderstanding. Outside of devs being too lazy to prevent the rolling "exploit" for ppl to level up trading in a day or so up to master 2, wagon trading was more than fine.

**** even before the buffs using a forest path wagon was an actual upgrade to using an elephant and definitely a noble wagon.

Than out of the blue they doubled the prices of all trade good, but at the same time doubled the LT. This literally made all trading broken, tedious, and outright stupid on everything besides arguably an elephant.

****, it's like the people who made this change had absolutely no idea how all this works and forgot that there are items in the game that weighed 100-175 LT and now these items are at over 200-330 LT. You cannot even take more than 6 or so on a mount without it slowing down tremendously and losing all it's skills.

If I take a full 5k load from Port Ratt to Ancondo Harbor it takes me 4 trips with a +6 blue gear Forest Path wagon to sell in Valencia.

WTF?! lol

That's what I was saying. I don't feel this is subjective, it's not about liking it or not, it's about how a forest path wagon (that takes 20 days or so of a daily for the plans) was an upgrade to active mount trading and now almost all mounts are useless.

The forest path wagon is the best wagon to use for training and storage, but unfortunately not active trading, which was it's intended and primary purpose. Only reason it's the best wagon for training is because they have buffed the stamina ( power) twice since release, but never buffed LT. Crud they have buffed the stats on this wagon, but always leave LT alone. The Blue Wagon Badge is also one of the hardest items to enhance up to +10. I believe the percentages are the same as boss gear or black star weapons at +9/ 10 level. That's crazy.

Hope that makes more sense at least, but I do agree with your premise/ statement basically.