1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation Bans

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Sep 29, 2017.

1. rvrnd

damn bsmoques, now you cant be the 3rd person to get it, i feel sorry for you :(

2. ManlyBeard

@Blade Boques so they did it wrong right? They were supposed to put two workers on their horses right?

Peisinoe, meaghs and Concubine like this.
  3. Crazyz

i Believe you guys should give these people a 3 days bann since that is your policy against exploiters like BladeExploitingBoques, or were they permabanned cause no streaming?

4. NoBody in particular

bye bye exploiters=cheating.

5. IBOR

If you ban all the cheaters the game will be like almost a year ago. Just a few players...the true ones! C.R.E.A.M $$$ ACAB (ALL CHEATERS ARE BASTARDS)

6. BlackyGER

gms, how about starting to ban market bots?! would be a great start!

7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 60 NA

I wonder how can you even hack the awakening of T9? I guess you can predict it by sniffing packets? Like same as it could be done for enchanting?

8. Wakawaka

Did they ban that other streamer that said he got 501 energy by doing Calpheon dailies? Or is this another streamer privileges?

I wonder if they did stream it would they get 48 hours or is there a viewer requirement. Who makes up all these rules? Are they rng too?

9. maliciouss

when they decide to do same with market botters ill be impressed...this was token ...response

10. SkullMonkey

That was a sticky situation because they knew full well the screwed up. You can't ever claim that an Exploit "Cannot be done accidentally" because the very nature of an exploit is that it is a BUG in the game code that players discover accidentally. Unless you are a developer that coded the game you don't know about them ahead of time and if you were you would have reported it and fixed it. So ALL "Exploits" are discovered accidentally as they are Bugs in the game. You have to intentionally abuse that bug for personal gain for it to be "Exploiting"

The fact that they gave out slap on the wrist bans shows that they were not confident about the intentions of the users that had been seen using that particular bug for very little time. They were just too cowardly to admit they were wrong or unsure about the 40 users they banned for 72 hrs. Had the user you were referring to intentionally used that exploit he would have made billions from it not the small amount he was banned for and he would have been perma banned like the other 3 users where the exploiting was clear.

They already banned a bunch of fish botters. Why do you think everyone is complaining that relic shards are so high now? The obvious fish botters were banned and the more clever ones saw the writing on the wall and stopped using them. Welcome to the era of 900k-1mil silver relic shards.

11. Stodderkongen

Soo what ur trying to say, this poor fella had no clue he had green workers on certain nodes before server merges. No no no this guy who uses soooo much time on workers and his worker empire, was clueless to what he did :) mheee they wen't soft on him cause he was pulling numbers to the game, wich resulted in alot of exploiters to go free. Soo much for their zero tolerance against exploiters.

12. N0tl0c

trying so hard to get us to think that they care

13. AngelloAtheross

Ban for botting next year ? Compensation because i cant use market when ?

14. Ravenia

Why hasn't coke fish banned yet?

15. Ravenia

They didn't even ban blademoques lol

16. SkullMonkey

I was in His guild for quite a while so unlike everyone else on the outside we get to see how he is behind the scenes so to speak... He's a great guy but he can also seem quite absent minded. Well absent minded isn't quite the right. He's far from stupid its just that he has a laser focus on the task at hand and regards things outside of his current band of focus unimportant until he has reached his current goal. So things like consistent streaming schedules or worker maintenance or anything that isn't related to what he is currently working toward he's not concerned with. Like he's not the shot caller in node wars for that reason because he doesn't always make node wars for his own guild. Again it's not to say he's a bad guild leader he just has a very narrow band of focus and anything outside of that narrow band of focus might as well be invisible or not exist.

For instance he didn't know how to play his class until over a year after launch because he was solely focused on making the money required to get his gear. It wasn't until when he was getting taken out instantly in node wars even tho he had gear that he decided to take the time to truly master his class. So he stopped doing EVERYTHING else and literally did nothing but arenas and RBF for 2 weeks straight... I don't even think he fed his workers much during that time. But now he's actually pretty damn good at PvP and he could 1 v 3 or 1v4 most of us in the guild at the time I left.

When it came to node workers he had got his node empire to a point where he was gathering materials and manufacturing items faster than he was selling them. So he had no real need or reason to promote his workers. So he probably felt that it was unimportant and didn't want the downtime on any of his workshops.

Just like you can make a youtube video where it makes you look like you make Ten 3 pointer shots in a row, you can make a Money making video that makes you look like a Financial guru. Don't get me wrong, his videos are good and have very valid information in them but if he was as methodical and rigorous with his node empire as you think he is he'd be as rich as MickinX or Balzor or Biohax.... all of which have WAY more silver than blade. like 20 billion and up. Max I've seen Blade with is like 8 or 9 billion. But that is because I don't think he was focused on being the richest guy on the server but rather making the silver to gear up so he can achieve his long term goals.

Lastly it comes to consistency of character. What you see on stream is more or less what you see off stream character wise. He's very passionate about not getting things for free and working hard for your goals. staying positive etc. Those of us that know him, know he didn't do it intentionally. We honestly joked about it in guild because its just so far from the truth. What is scary is just how powerful mob mentality and confirmation bias is on the internet. I can now see how innocent people can go to jail and get the death penalty. When people are so desperate to have a villain or something to voice their frustration/anger on they will LATCH onto anything that presents itself as a potentially valid outlet for that fustration/energy.

It's Scary stuff. But I know you're already ignoring everything I just said and are already busy thinking up a witty or scathing "comeback" to tell me how stupid or manipulated or brainwashed I am. But whatever. Good luck with that.

#76 SkullMonkey, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  17. Revalenia

Thank you for giving another point of view.

I am personally not too involved or attached to this whole situation regarding this particular streamer but am curious to read various points of view and yeah, lots won't appreciate doing so.

18. Dastian

19. Stodderkongen

Can't be assed to read ur wall of text, it critted me for over 9000 thousand already. yet i go back to what i already stated green workers on nodes. No one i mean NO ONE who played this game for a couple of months, and tweaked just abit with their workers, would let a green workers stay for that long. Unless it was intentional. Should we just keep it at that #kkthnxbyenext. #Nothing2c. #Visualbugmyass

20. AngelloAtheross

Is BDO a game only for shietters in 2017-2018 ?