1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Argiel

Why aren't there temporary bans for those accounts who got silver deduction and therefore participated in the exploit?

2. kkunegunda

Fair enough. Thanks

3. Avantala

LUL!!! Seriously???

4. Vihess

How did you calculate "50-100 billion per person" ?
    Also, Read carefully what the GM Said, It is not a negative amount that has been "SET" on their balance, it's their current balance that have been reduced by the penalty.
    So it means that if they were at 1bil before the exploit -> reached 99bil with the exploit -> if they did not spend anything they just go back to 1bil as if nothing happened
    On top of that you have bonus enhancement scrolls and crons

Maybe i have missunderstood your highlight ? If i'm wrong, please make use of courtesy

Fateneko, Mafesio and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. Rizzixe

How is checking gains proving that players knew they participated in an exploit?

6. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

what a joke company...
    full of clowns, think you would do better as circus

Kikux likes this.
  7. Mafesio

I just started playing again recently. I spend $100 a week or more on BDO, and no, none of it goes to gear or costume selling. I just like buying things. Last night before maintenance I brought 10000 pearls, didn't open them yet, I was waiting for reset to see what shows up in the Pearl Shop that looks interesting.

I'm not a whale, I could be, I just spend my little $400 a month on BDO cause it makes me happy. But this will be the first time in my life I will be returning anything really. I will be returning my unopened pearl box for the week, buying things from the Pearl Shop is part of what I enjoy in the game, but your lack of action against exploiters and cheaters has now made it I can no longer support you guy's for the good of the community.

I know my $400 a month or whatever I spend means nothing to you, but I am hoping others who spend money on this game show their disappointment in how you handled things by no spending money on pearls until acceptable action has been taken.

upload_2020-4-15_7-55-26.png

Attached Files:

Factorial, Skyvex, Hatrex and 5 others like this.
  8. Nerds

Might as well release the family names of the banned players, honestly they deserve to be shamed. And if it turns out it was just alts banned, then you're the one who deserves the shame,as that literally does nothing about the issue.

Mana_Mafia, Phoenixxx75 and Jamiehas like this.
  9. Boomdesjardins

23 perma ban, what a joke. There was over than 100+ ppl who take avantage of that and geared their account since it took 2 weeks to take action... disapointed totally.

Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Nixal

got you that info on reddit, in case people here are interested:

The origin of the 3x silver rumor seems to be found
    https://clips.twitch.tv/InterestingBraveChamoisNomNom
    In the notes of the KR post http://www.inven.co.kr/board/black/3584/39755 it mentions the items are valued 3 times. That seems to be a general rule and not necessarily applied to that case.

11. Rizzixe

Let me give you a scenario, your guild leader types a message in guild chat saying 'we will be doing reward chests in 30min, meet in X location'. Do you deserve to be temporarily banned and put at lets say 50bil disadvantage for joining?

12. Songo™

lesson of a day :
    Exploit all possible way to get 20b ==> enchant and hope to make profit ==> exploit detected ==> 20b taken away ==> profit stay

Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. SSIJ

Really?
    New acc, immediately join to guild, power lvl, stored afaru map to guild warehouse, leaving the guild, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.
    Easy peasy to find this "rotation" in database.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. Relenquished

This is not enough to deter future exploits from occurring. In fact, this has most likely done the opposite by showing that a minimal penalty will be incurred despite the fact that this exploit injected trillions into the economy - damaging new players/non-exploiters silver income and further damaging the games integrity; especially in regards to the current speed hacking issue that I'm sure a number of the player base knows about. This is an unacceptable response that demands urgent rectification. Next time an exploit of this nature happens, understand that the masses will most likely participate. Be prepared.

15. Caninde Danacer

Lesson to learn: Exploit and share the exploit. Nothing will happen.

16. Mango Bot

While you may have deleted the silver from the market... what about the failstacks people had gained exploiting this method?!?! People had screenshots of ridiculous amounts of 50's and 25's failstacks. That is silver/potential gains that, while is not direct silver, will be incredibly profitable for these players. These need to also be deleted from the player accounts too.

Nyusha, Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Zahlem

wuup wuup finaly ! gj pa :3 ! wuup wuup !

18. LokalniBandit

What a joke hahahahahahaha

Nyusha, Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Cyber_Day

This is 100% a joke resolution. Every single person there knew exactly what they were doing. Every single person there was told by outside sources what they were doing was wrong. We litterally have audio of them joking around and knowing exactly what they were doing. They already made well more than they got dropped by enchanting and blown g up those accessories using the failstacks they got from the chests. How do you account for that? Seriously? So this just says as long as you exploit on an alt account t and then feed you main and pretend you dont know what's going on it's ok I guess.

20. Scapure

Yes you should.
    "Ignorantia legis non excusat"
    Ignorance does not protect one from punishment

Easy as that, if you use common sense you ask about it and not just go there like a bot.
    And even if, you should get suspiuces about it after doing more then 5 Maps, because i doubt a high tier guild does not invite every player for only maps, and if you are in a hightier guild you do understand the game and read stuff about the game etc.
    You cant tell me that a Siege guild has member with no Game knowledge and yet they are still in that Guild.

Stop trying to fool yourself in believing people did not know about it.

Korvgubben, Mana_Mafia and Leniir like this.