1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

This proves we can exploit as we want - no punishments in future. Great job, keep going!

Papu War when?!
    O'dilitta when?!

#201 Lurien, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. Vihess

@GM Rhotaaz
    I think you should update the Original Post with the following information:
    • The KR 1:1 ratio punishment to counterbalance the misinformation
    • The amount of accounts and their characteristics as you posted in Reddit
    That said, I understand your "political" position and i don't think i need to remind you of the consequences that you can extrapolate out of the tendency of the reactions here.

3. Swordy

A great response.

Penalising players, targeting organisers but also acknowledging system failure. Really well done guys.

Kasraken likes this.
  4. Hazzardous

Talk bout a lackluster response. Just protecting those streaming partners. You lost a whale today.
    Should i dare say pulling my bandwagon of billionaires outta this *****.

5. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

what a downfall. how can anyone take this company serious now. Virgin-Joe is still streaming without any punishment. how we knoe that 23 accounts even exist? at the end its just a number. no there is no doubt its a made up number.

Nyusha, Kikux, Life2v and 1 other person like this.
  6. MikeyMutz

So you can exploit up to a certain amount and then you get punished so only exploit a little guys judt don't go overboard with it 4Head

7. Rizzixe

People did ask, there were people saying they asked a GM who in turn confirmed it was fine and had a screenshot to prove it (which ended up being a lie/misleading/out of context). Still at the time, you have people saying it isn't an exploit (e.g. Joe) and that they are just taking part in an event and everyone can do the same.

Any of those players could plead that they had no idea this was an exploit and that they were assured this is a legit way of utilising the event. I would have absolutely no problem in putting a very convincing argument for it. You then have to deal with 400+ tickets on a 1-by-1 basis from people who claim they are innocent and Kakao have no way of proving that someone had done it purposefully. Not to mention any players who would be banned mistakenly, what if your guild genuinely had 10-20 maps and you were rng carried and made 30 bil and now you're banned for 30-days and have to pay back 90bil which you won't make in a year?

I'm not defending the exploit or think people shouldn't be punished. I'm just saying it's really difficult to prove someone had gone in and exploited knowingly or ignored any warnings from people saying it was an exploit

8. ProVee

The people that did this exploit are probably laughing with their gains. They literally took a 2 month loan to progress their gear, and tanked the economy in the process. As it stands the community is dealing with the aftermath while the exploiters dont actually get punished, just reverted. PA is creating multiple games and after this i personally wont be touching a single one. I also wont be spending any further money. In the future it seems exploits should be exploited, apparently if you attempt to rob a bank, all you have to do is give the money back with no interest after investing when youre caught. Sounds like a sweet deal.

Mana_Mafia, Scapure and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

My suggestion to all of you people that disagree with this weak punishment, DO NOT LOG INTO THE GAME UNTIL EVERYONE THAT HAS EXPLOITED AND HAD SILVER REMOVED IS ALSO SUSPENDED FROM THE GAME FOR A MONTH.

10. Eto

Eto

Great punishment, allowing them to keep items that were designed for new/returning players to make gear gains and giving them ample time to use said items. thanks for allowing them to keep the resources they needed to maneuver around their punishment.
    [​IMG]

Mana_Mafia, Kymaera and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  11. Molag_Balz

Next time don't make the game f2p while running an event that gives multiple players benefits like afuaru maps.
    Players no doubt are to blame but your lack or failure to minimize the temptation of abuse/ exploit should also be accounted for.
    This reminded me when You guys made the game f2p while running Shadow Arena, hackers abused the system to boost other players in the game mode thus ensuring them wins.
    PA/ Kakao and the players involved in this need clout.
    Also rip those 23 players.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  12. Boink

So your partnered streamer(s) were safe because he misled his viewership by officially claiming this wasn't an exploit while explaining the whole process?

How's that work? It's ok to officially claim it's not an exploit, tell how the exploit is done but not do it.

lanzend, Mana_Mafia and Scapure like this.
  13. Songo™

what a joke...

Mana_Mafia, Flashaha and Scapure like this.
  14. Pohjantikka

In stream he mentions that he took part to the event. Also there some clips where he says that he was doing it, but minors amount.
    (earning still billions of silver)

He also says that "If there is an easy way to make money ingame, so ofc I will take all the chances of using it. (even if the method is too good to be true)"

15. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i absolutly not going to sell any more costumes, that i used to do. i like the idea of people are happy about the chance to get nice costumes without spending real money they probably dont have for BDO. but now all my costumes will become crons for some disgusting player who pays me literally printed money

Mafesio likes this.
  16. Devolant

I honestly can't wait for this game to leave the hands of Kakao as a publisher and PA self publish like they have in other regions, maybe we'll get some GMs that actually care about the integrity of their game and punish people accordingly, as they were done before on other regions for the same exploit.

Same Exploit, same punishment. That should be it. Thanks Kakao for being the same garbo company we've expected you to be. Pearl Abyss, please purge these useless publishers and self-publish in the west already. These losers don't deserve the jobs they have.

17. Cucui

I will for sure use/do any exploit comes in the future. As this is a joke of a punishment. This people actually fked-up the game economy and only 23 were banned, all of the people involved should be banned, they did more damage than a single speedhacker doing 150mill/h. Even JNF kept his partner status, that is disgusting, he braged, advertise, and should be held accountable for his actions (for the ones asking proof of this, there are plenty of clips/memes). Right now i know 3 people who did the exploit due JNF cause he says "it was nothing wrong about it", even tho i warned my friends not to do it, they got clapped ( they not banned, but -18bill on MP :KEKW: ). Very dissapointed with this outcome

18. YouMayUseAnyNameYouWish

This is the biggest joke I have ever seen from any mmo publisher xD. Well time to uninstall bdo, not getting a single dime from me anymore. Cya

Hazzardous likes this.
  19. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Did that come out of Pearl Abyss' book of bad excuses or what?

You mean to tell us that none of these guild members ever asked where all those scrolls came from? That they never asked why there were no new or returning guild members despite getting more and more maps? Why they were named after their own guild with "alt" and a number following (among other names)? Or did they seriously believe that newcomers / returners came flocking to their guild to willingly give their maps away?

What is this, Fairly OddParents? Where did you get all these nice maps? Uh... internet?

The BDO community is outright crazy when it comes to making the most silver possible within an hour, every single one of them would have noticed that something is wrong when they leave Sycraia / Star's End / Hystria / Aakman, high mastery gathering spots and what not to either level other characters or go after a chest.

They were livestreamed, as well as being watched on by others for hours and they also didn't think of anything during that time? They responded with the title "Sorry for Being Smart", they were clearly aware of it. Not to mention that several of them also chose names referring to how much silver they make or to them exploiting.

And were two siege guilds afraid of PvP or why were they hiding behind lv49 characters? Surely they wanted to take it slow, right?

20. Kymaera

Aside from the 23... The punishment was such a joke.

Consider any interest in Crimson Desert from me DEAD. Virtually spit in my face. That's what you have done. Grats to all the exploiters who still made millions if not billions off of this, because you were allowed time to use those FS, those accessories, to enhance and make more, sell more, abuse your gains at the detriment of BDO's longevity which for some I imagine just peaked and only goes down hill from now on. Great job.

To those behind this decision, my sincerest Yuck Fou. ..I.,

Mana_Mafia and ProVee like this.