1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Alissandrina

They never banned him, he's still streaming right now as a BDO partner. Shows how much of a joke this all is.

2. Caninde Danacer

they claim 23. Reality is 0, they just gave them renames i guess. Lost all thrust in this company.

3. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

This doesn't seem like taking responsibility when it's not you(Kakao, PA, whoever) who is taking the hit, it's the the people playing the game who care about the economy, value of progression, fairness and all that good stuff.

I think there is room for lenience due to confusion when it comes to some participants, this does make sense, and if there were more bans then I wouldn't have said the part at the top, but 23 bans makes this hard to understand. I haven't been keeping up with all of this to the degree that many have, only hearing about it here and there, but by the numbers alone, this seems very lax.

Are you saying there were really only 23 people who were obviously doing this purposefully?

I do worry this is going to set a precedent, it feels as though the risk of exploiting has been set quite low. It also pushes the idea that if you want to exploit, just make sure it's not your main account doing the worst of it - As long as your main is only one of the "many" then you'll likely be okay.

I appreciate the work involved with digging through this type of crap, but I hope that some of the community feedback on this, the parts that are worthwhile, are taken in as much as they can be - I think this could have been a big opportunity to score some points. We never want false or unjust bans, but we also aren't going to complain about severe action against people involved with exploits.

Well that's me, back to cooking :p

u/chi, Phoenixxx75 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  4. Boink

If you have a problem with a twitch streamer you can report them directly to twitch.

Spam, Scams, and Other Malicious Conduct
    Any content or activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of Twitch services or another user's experience or devices is prohibited. Such activity includes:

• Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports
    • Distributing unauthorized advertisements
    • Phishing
    • Defrauding others
    • Spreading malware or viruses
    • Misinformation (such as feigning distress, posting misleading metadata, or intentional channel miscategorization)
    • Tampering (such as artificially inflating follow or live viewer stats)
    • Selling or sharing user accounts
    • Reselling Twitch services or features (such as channel Moderator status)
    • Defacing, or attempting to deface, website pages or other Twitch services (such as uploading inappropriate or malicious content)

u/chi likes this.
  5. Alissandrina

1 report and 500 drones who brainlessly follow him as their overlord and a team backing up their moneymaker, like a vote there matters and impacts his bdo career.

6. MMoNoob

If kakkao was not in charge of our region and pa was would they have given us a event that had exploiters in kr and other regions to us na? ......... or would they have taken this long to do it? Ban proper justice ?

Can we get rid of kakkao now?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Guda

IM BANNED, Ive used 3rd party programs for auction house I WAS OKAY with that, IVE violated ToS rules whatever. I DO NOT damage in anyway game economy. AND NOW YOU WONT BAN ANY OF YOUR STREAMERS? how much you want TO BAN THIS "Streamer"?
    @GM Rhotaaz I dare you send me price i will make it happen, I will pay you enough to execute your own rules Mother....

8. Hypotermia

2. The negative silver balance was added to a total of 405 accounts

This translates less than 10b profit. Now so what did the abusers loose or get penalized? Gains removed. NOTHING ELSE.

This is clear message. Do not organize any sort of abusing but if you don't you're free to do it with risk of loosing the gains and no further penalties.

Same way if you use doping in sports you loose your winnings PLUS you get banned from the league. Now what kakao did? They ****in pussied out

Phoenixxx75, Mana_Mafia and MMoNoob like this.
  9. yukishiro1

This is an absolute joke, especially the failure to explain how the "silver value" of the items was reached. For all we know, this amount was seriously low-balled, and in fact the exploiters have come out billions ahead. Given the huge rewards these boxes gave, a rough 10 billion per account is not at all obviously higher than the gains. The fact that the announcement specifically admits no attempt was made to levy any additional punishment beyond the silver value shows that *at most* the exploiters broke even, as PA didn't even *try* to issue any fine above and beyond the value of the exploitation.

The announcement apparently indicates - and this is flat-out amazing - that they didn't even delete the exploited items still in peoples' inventories. So many of most exploiters likely came out ahead for exploiting, with no penalty whatsoever - just slightly reduced gains.

Additionally, it is obviously complete nonsense when they claim they couldn't establish evidence that the people looting hundreds of chests knew they were participating in an exploit. The chat channels were literally flooded with dozens or hundreds of people letting them know they were exploiting. If you could not find evidence people knew what they were doing, it's because you were deliberately not looking for it.

Needless to say, anyone who simply takes BDO's word when they refuse to explain their methodology is naive to the point of foolishness, given this company's track record.

Shame on BDO, and shame on everyone involved in this decision.

#349 yukishiro1, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  10. Caninde Danacer

If thats true ... lolz

11. Boink

Oh well I'm about to unfollow every single BDO twitch streamers since they can't moderate their "partnered" streamers and Kakao can't follow their own T.O.S.

Good thing however that Twitch do have a guideline. It flags streamers when they reach a certain number of reports. They have better policing and punishment

12. lanzend

The man raises a very valid point.

Forestfroggy, ProVee and Mana_Mafia like this.
  13. Fateneko

14. MMoNoob

Damn this makes me want to quit ughhhhh

Zuko, Phoenixxx75 and Kymaera like this.
  15. Dragonzord

The fact that this thread has exploded more than the original should say something about the community opinion to how this has all gone down and the impact it'll have on the game...

Kymaera and Forestfroggy like this.
  16. IXl

IXl

if we got no decent report function in-game, wouldn't we expect alternative such as in-game staff monitoring ?
    It almost feel like this is the intention to promote such actions...rather than actually prevent it from happening in the future..

Kymaera likes this.
  17. Kymaera

Spit on the community you ask to purchase pearls.

18. Alissandrina

Won't be long until we hear "BDO, the MMO with the least amount of hackers but the most amount of exploiters."

19. Caninde Danacer

Rename to Black Abuse Online when ?!

Alissandrina likes this.
  20. Veyana Eldunari

Well this is disappointing. Only 23 people banned lol? Streamers who wrongly advised to do this still streaming and still considered a partner? Uninstalling this game now lmao.