1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. TeRRoRibleOne

Shhh, he doesn't think we know how to use google translate or even be able to read. When a GM comes in here and FLAT OUT LIES it shows you something about this company. Kakao has dropped the ball so badly at every instance of this game they don't even deserve to be a publisher.
    1) Introduction of P2W on the marketplace. Forums and in game did not want this feature added as it was posed to us asking if we wanted it.... GM changes the wording to tell us they're doing it even though this GAME WAS ADVERTISED TO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ITEMS WE PRESENTLY HAVE IN THE GAME BECAUSE WE HAD A BUY 2 PLAY MODEL WHICH KR DID NOT.
    2) There were no punishments for people who sold or bought sea monster hunting payouts. People would put accounts in their guild to hack sea monsters and the only account that was banned was the one hacking, the silver gained from the hacking account remained in the guild. Literally no one was punished.
    3) Digging incident was a literal joke, only a couple were banned and a majority of those people went on a site and bought new accounts with gear on them. People still buy accounts on this site with no worry that Kakao will ban the account.
    4) Not a single person has been banned for using grinding services. This has been a problem for over 3 years now and you have taken zero action against any of these people.
    5) When we had that battle arena that gave rewards in game people hacked that for months with them never getting banned. All these people did was funnel the money to their main accounts.
    6) The banning for hacks with false positives and taking weeks to admit you might have messed up.

This is just screwups by Kakao. I can make a much larger list of screwups by the dev's. You should have zero faith in Kakao as a whole at this point. People who say racist stuff in chat get longer bans than people who WILLINGLY exploited on a massive scale that ruined the marketplace and allowed them to get interest free loans to get gains.....

Quinra, Ourouge, Phoenixxx75 and 3 others like this.
  2. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

One of those people you punished with an 11 bil debt just payed it off with an accessory while keeping the rest of the stuff.

Oh but 4 trillion was taken out of circulation. k.

So basically, you're telling us we should exploit (take out a loan) gear the hell out of our toon,
    play dumb, "say we didn't know", sacrifice one of the shiny things for the neg silver = winning??

Legit players get nothing, while you're streamer/partner "pets" just laugh it off?

What in the actual f_ck.

Kikux, Sizer, Chaos Ronin and 3 others like this.
  3. lnsidiousoul

Like I said before the punishement is a joke.

The streamer later on admitted on getting tet tungrand belt (11B), PEN manos clothes (7-30b), tet manos butchering knife (3B). So in total he got 21-34B, if he was to sell in his items, and all you gave him was a minus 10B debt, which he payed off with ease. Therefore, he gained a total of 11-24B, now this is only one guy, imagine all the other 400 exploiters who probably made the same progress and gains. This is nothing, please increase the harshness of the punishement.

#443 lnsidiousoul, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
    Kikux, Sizer, Ourouge and 6 others like this.
  4. Thundercoc

How is this accepting accountability? "Sorry we made a mistake" is an apology, it is not accountability. The broad population of the game didn't just forgo benefit from this near riskless exploit, but were actually negatively impacted by it, yet no reparation or consideration was made. It's incredibly disappointing to the larger community. It's really impressive to the group of players, and partners by the way, that were rewarded tacitly for their lack of integrity.

By the way, if you received maps but did not use them right away you have now lost out on the legitimate, intended benefit. Despite "accepting accountability" you will not received a function of the expected value of the map from those who failed.

Again I see an admission of guilt but no accountability.

5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

They say they banned 23 players. How do we know that they actually banned anyone? I do not trust what they have said here. It is very easy to say something in the hope of shutting up the people demanding action. Their word is not proof to me.

6. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

@GM Rhotaaz Please check this.

LinaCrysta, Quinra and TwitchStreamer like this.
  7. Dante_Dragneel

Kakao, you are a joke of a company, everyone will exploit now, because you have shown us just now that we will never be punished for it, and will only gain, thank you very much, and thanks to your partner streamers that were praising this way of getting silver and promoting the exploit as much as they could, I should have listened to them and did the same, who could have known that even in the game like this you have to be a cheater, like there is not enough **** irl like this already, very well done, I hope you guys lose half of your playerbase to realise that you are wrong. Idiots

Kikux, Sizer, Quinra and 3 others like this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No temporary bans that I saw mentioned in the original post. Just silver removal dollar to dollar.

9. GuitarSamurai

So what you are saying is the people that got punished are the people that didn’t exploit your game? Ruining the marketplace economy is no big deal right?

You guys should be embarrassed with how you handled this. Not even deleting the items or fail stacks? Bdo already has a reputation for being a pay to win mess, might as well add open exploitation to its reputation as well.

Not a good way to earn new players.

Sizer and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Cold Napalm

1) For all of those who say they should post information on who was banned...they are most likely not doing this in the EU/NA as these places have anti-doxing laws. You as a person could end up being liable in civil court...as a company...yeah just best to not do it. This is also why many game forum have a no naming and shaming policy. So they perma banned 23 accounts...leave that at that.

2) The second part of the punishment however is a COMPLETE joke. They should have done what they did in KR and apply a 300% penalty to the ill gotten gains.

LeMiau likes this.
  11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

To sum it up, they were still exploiting and should have a month ban and the loss of all items and silver gained through the exploit.

12. ManlyBeard

Pathetic.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Zikie

so its okay to "dox" by telling wich families won events, who got what rank in picture contest etc. but its not okay to "dox" on who got banned?

its not like ingame family name can be linked to persons irl location. doxxing is sharing their real life personal information. but ingame tag is just a ingame tag.

honestly the silver penalty is just a joke. it should had been the koreas 3-4 times penalty to the profit they made and items taken away, cause this way they basicly lost nothing. they got fs scrolls, bought items to enchant rng higher to "launder" or used other methods to basicly bypass the "silver loss" by turning it into profit. and since they got no other penalty its just slap in the wrist.

its funny how time and time again the big siege guild players (not all but those who do it ) keeps getting away from all sorts of tos breaks from blatant exploitation to piloting (paying outsider to play your account for you ) with kakao turning blind eye to it pretty much almost like they would be scared to penalize those players properly.

and i dont even for a second believe that both na and eu only had 23 players overall, rounded up 12 each region spamming the new accounts to make scrolls. no way that few players could ammount up to this massive ammount of scrolls they got for all the exploiters, unless instead of those being actual, legit players they were players using bots to mass create new accounts and bot grind them up for that wich then would mean they werent actual "properly geared accoutns" that were banned as i doubt people who do those services for irl money would have proper account they gear and play on.

Kikux, Quinra, onaco and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

What they did is not to punish the exploiter.
    You exploited for 20B ok, we remove the 20B from your account. Don't do it again.
    Where is the punishment? NO punishment at all.
    It is the same as saying you exploited, we remove the silver ok now we are even.

exploiter deserve punishment.
    Imagine all ****ing bank robber would just have to give the money back.

Kakao you need give back the right to pearl abyss. I don't want to play a game where people can exploit without real consequences.

Your handle of this, like all other exploit, is a suppository. You know where you can put it in.

Kikux, Sizer and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  15. Sevyrn

I think they should have gotten a 30 day on top of the silver removal, as some sort of slap on the wrist. As it is now they just sorta got a loan on silver.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

They should just put all 400+ of their names here, since they definetely did win some sort of an event here anyway and those who didn't exploit just happend to end up as losers. Chosen ones who can avoid ToS by just acting dumb lol. *cries* I really hate this :')

Camouflage and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Hypotermia

Where can i apply for loan? I'd like to get 350B silver loan. Pretty pls?

Sizer and Boink like this.
  18. Caninde Danacer

By now i'm somewhat convinced that NOONE was banned. GM Rothaaz lost the last bit of creditability by lying about there was no triple punishment in korea.

Kikux, Quinra and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Kasraken

So you are saying make them perma-red for a few weeks to go along with their criminal activities? That way everyone in-game who wants to take a swing at them can do so without Karma penalty? @Hearts

IXl likes this.
  20. RYnehawk

This is trash and you're trash for allowing it. You have streamers you sponsor exploiting your game and you do nothing to stop it. Just a shame.

TwitchStreamer, Sizer, Quinra and 3 others like this.