1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Simon771

Simon771 Lahn 61 EU

I just hope that with those bans, PA/Kakao won't loose too much money. After all, those that got affected were mostly whales who spent a ton of money on this game. And if they got banned, they probbably won't be playing this game any longer and spend money.
    Then again, 23 were banned, and another 400 got deducted balance ... so still couple of million users left.

2. Terror

Couple million? What have you been smoking?

Dudeskio and Kikux like this.
  3. PeelThat

Sort of a new player here. after i have seen and watched the outcome from this Exploit, made me kinda sad that i recomended this game to my friends that came into this game. now i have seen the true colors of these company and it makes me sick...

that " veterans " take adventage of a New and returning player event to get more gains and the company behind is all good with it? you dont see what you are doing right now, you are open up for everyone to use all exploits in the game, because of this joke of a punishment.. I

m sorry for my bad english and i hope you will understand etc.

but im out from this game :D hope i will see some of the friends and people i met in this game in the next game in the future.

best regards!

Dudeskio, Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Simon771

Simon771 Lahn 61 EU

5. Terror

you understand that banned acc wont get deleted. the amount of ppl that quit is insane. that all adds up to the number. the active player base is not even close to that figure, at all!

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Nice joke. 95% of them are exploiter accounts for the map?

Kikux likes this.
  7. Ashaara

The steam site is the most official number of players you can get that is real. 20k players online right now just on the steam client. The other server numbers arent going to be much different than that.

ManlyBeard likes this.
  8. Terror

and most ppl are just afk koi

9. Rai Asura

Two things.

1) You guys need to stop asking for more punishments on the sheep partakers. They had their silver removed, thats that.
    The exploit profit has been undone and their public image has been damaged for the long term.

2) Stop saying perm-bans on the ringleaders were too harsh. It is the perfect verdict.
    Are you unaware of the full picture? Or are you a friend of them?

They broke the ToS and organized the exploit. If you read their ToS it literally says exploiting will lead to permanent bans, no questions asked.

The event page stated NO exploiting and NO abnormal use. You think making hundreds of gmail adresses, to make hundreds of BDO accounts, to then powerlevel and make BILLIONS per player in a few hours is normal use of a once per new/returner player reward event? This takes a LOT of effort, and during all this you were well aware this wasn't pure-hearted.
    Also, are you forgetting the part where this game forbids you to use alt accounts to boost your main account's silver?

Then they ignored two GMs telling not to run the maps BEFORE they ran them. Again, this is like ignoring a officer irl thats telling you NOT to break the law. And then they try, with a one year+ old insignificant support ticket about a different question, to overrule CURRENT DAY, RELEVANT, GM responses.

I'm not even going to go into detail about their attitude and communication around exploiting publicly. It was digusting.

ANYTHING BUT a permanent ban would have been a joke and a slap in the face of earnest players.

I am proud of Kakao. Lets hope we see other forms of exploiting adressed in the same manner in the near future.

TLDR: You broke the ToS which gives Kakao the right to permanently close your account. you ignored the event page notes, you ignored GMs saying don't do it, you ignored a whole community uproar, you went FULL HAM.
    Basically you gambled not getting caught, because you didn't want the preparations to go to waste, and you lost.
    Just like a criminal that gets caught after robbing a bank. Its fun while it lasts.

CompZilla and LithicForm like this.
  10. Fastflow

so basically this is how all goes down.... a gm tells streamed partner we have this event coming up wich u can exploit.... partner goes tells his guild they start making accounts, same time laughing on how much they making and how nobody wont ban them for exploit, netting themselves full pen gear..gm's come in telling that this was exploit and people will get punished and they will handle this as transparent as they can.... they take a month of time, mean while they create event refer a friend in wich people with multiple accounts get to exploit a little more... then they after a month come out with we banned 23 players wich we wont name so you dont have proof if we actually made the actions towards the people banned (you are asking us to trust your word while you as a company have again and again showed us that you lie and tell things that are untrue to your player base wich is why most of your players dont actually trust you to tell them truth) then you say you punished 400 people... they made full pen accounts and your punishment is set theyre market place to negative wheile they keep theyre full pen and are just fine with negative balance cos they dont need anything anymore.... so basically you loaned the exploiters all theyre gains with 0 intrest rate... how is that a punishment....

now what about normal players that didnt exploit... 1. now our kama bless and marketplace dont work (wich we actually payed for) 2. our items just got worth less 3. we have to compete in pvp with guys that got free full pen by exploit while we play game by the rules and maybe have 1 or 2 pens a year... 4. u set an example for players that dont cheat that they cant really compete with exploiting partnered gamers cos when partnered gamers cheat nothing happens... 5. you say you are fair to players and handle things transparently... yet player base is kept in constant limbo cos u dont actually communicate with the player base nor are actually transparent.... 5. you say you are taking responsibility for your actions but the fact is...
    only players that get negative effects from this are the people that didnt cheat and are actually playing this game fair a square... first they have to look at this sharade of a punishment and then they actually pay with theyre own personal money cos value packs and kamabless and markets dont work for them even tho they payed for this with real money.... but hey lets play the victim here kakao.

ONLY ONES WHO GOT PUNISHED WERE THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT EXPLOIT.

11. Caninde Danacer

Black Desert Online - the game where exploiters and cheaters get rewarded.

12. Martis

Yesterday after work my first Thing Was going on twitch.
    I couldnt believe it.... still streaming and laughing, having fun. So two weeks ago He was flaming : I love bdo so much, bla bla bla.
    He knews what he have done.... And kakao did nothing against those Streamers and exlploiters. I quit for now I dont want to play a game that Do nothing against those people. And I dont wanna play with people like Jnf

Hope people punish those people and do not support there streams anymore

#512 Martis, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. IApexI

If you would look what you translate?! There is acually a 3 in the korean sentence...
    If you translate the page its cutting some words out. Try to copie the sentence and translate it on google or something else...

14. Pegasauce

Oh well, time to find another game. This is just pure BS. Someone set a petition to make an action against this so called "Exploit Resolution". Idk, like we should go on strike or something. It's just so unfair. Most of us on softcap are spending long hours to grind just to get some gains. While most of these exploiters didn't get what they deserve. At least ban them for weeks or even months. We need better justice.

#514 Pegasauce, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. Dragonzord

Do you have evidence that jnf exploited? Coz if you do i'm sure the GM's could use it, because they have none themselves.

16. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

He did way worse, he advertised the expoit as clever use of ingame mechanics, telling people it's a legit way of making money and when the whole thing happened he bailed out, and i pretty sure lot of people did the thing cus he said it was okay like he had confirmation from higher ups that it was legit. The clips he was justifying it got removed from his twitch channel by now, but he pretty much advertised it, saying it's okay, then bailed from the maps and later from his guild like a rat.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Boink

the clips are on streamable.com.

You can also file a report with Twitch if you were one of those victims that took part of this after hearing from a partnered streamer that it's "officially" not an exploit.

18. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

Im just disappointed that the dude still streaming this game, having fun in it after what he done, even if i play in eu, i don't like/want people like him play the same game as i, and even make a living out of it. As a legit player that at best toxic but never exploited his existence in the game bothers me.

Also in any normal game managed by a normal company just advertising an exploit would result with at least some punishment or perma ban.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

There is 1 thing about streamers - no one of them respect and care about people they playing with, they need people to make content for them to earn money

20. CullanP

I think the worst part of this whole thing is that at the end of the day, they decided that these punishments were good enough. It's almost as if they don't care people abuse their game as long as they make more money at the end of the day, I wonder why that is. Removing the items from the game would've made this exploit do way less damage, yet they decided it wasn't needed, makes 0 logical sense. The way BDO is designed, any one of those accounts could easily use the fail stacks they got from those chests and get lucky enough to make the money back + more and still have items left. It really is baffling to think about how they came up with these light punishments. For the people saying "good job, you banned 23!", Think about how many people actually exploited this and made a profit and let that sink in

Phoenixxx75 likes this.