1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Caninde Danacer

Quite funny ... Cheaters get protected, honest players get ..i.,

Sizer, Souda, Chaos Ronin and 3 others like this.
  2. Fastflow

thats bdo for you with current employees and publishing company... gm friends get hints when to exploit, how to exploit and told when they wont get punished... welcome to Mass exploit online 2020.

Sizer, Phoenixxx75 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  3. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

If anything his partner status should be removed and he should be black listed from entering the program ever again since if you read this :
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com/partners

He clearly doesnt:
    upload_2020-4-16_19-31-51.png

#543 Kerenis, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. Caninde Danacer

More like he gives a crap about the community and just want to make money and entertain his followers ...

5. LilithDragonFlower

Yeah I know it's late but I still think they should change the Terms OF Use, just to cover this just like SEA does.

If the game covered this, and made people more aware of exploits so stuff like this could be prevented i'd have been a lot more harsh at being like punish everyone.

But in theory right now anyone who took part of the exploit since it's been defined as one regardless of it being an accidental in-game mechanic that was abused, even if t hey are super negative, they could sell everything they got in-game at market value and go back positive, and then use the advice of valks which are zero value, and make tet's / pens with profit still from all of those, or items to keep / use.

6. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

I still wanna know where I can apply for my interest free loan. At pull PEN I could grind like 200m and hour anyways; I wouldn't mind putting in a month casually if it means I keep full PEN. When is the next event? Or do I have to make a GM friend who will tell me what event is okay to exploit?

Seriously though, is this what the rest of the player-base gets for being honest?

TucoRamires, Dudeskio, Souda and 5 others like this.
  7. Mana_Mafia

Of course!

Thanks for reminding me that nothing is real unless it's documented with video evidence. I definitely didn't pick my ass just now because you can't prove otherwise.

IQ over 9,000.

Because only 23 players were punished and most of us only care about 22 of them.

#547 Mana_Mafia, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Dragonzord

There are other streamers that don't follow that rule too, but noone talks about them... That's my point, everyones dogpiling onto Joe, but it's cool if other streamers break that rule. Everyone has their favourite instead of applying the same rule to everyone

9. Dragonzord

Well, you wanna accuse someone of something, why not back up that claim with evidence of it? That doesn't seem an unreasonable request, does it? Do our legal systems work only on assumptions or is evidence required for a judgement to be passed?

10. lanzend

lul that gear is garbage. Are those PEN Reblath Gloves? Is that a Grunil helm? Not even heve? like zero caphras? PEPElaugh if you have that gear with 830m debt you quit. lmao ain't no comin' back from that. Trash ass no caphras gear OOOOOOOOOOOOMEGALUL. EU omegalul. It's literally 618 GS. I'm sorry this is so comical it's almost off topic. What a meme.

#550 lanzend, Apr 16, 2020
    Naho likes this.
  11. lanzend

Yeah aight.
    chrome_WYkxwdy4Xc.png

12. Caninde Danacer

for a 3 month old account not so bad ?

13. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

Streamers, maybe, but are they also partners?

14. Mana_Mafia

Evidence would be great and I don't believe anybody should be punished without evidence. I'm only throwing shade at your remark about JNF must necessarily having to be innocent because if he weren't surely we'd all have the proof by now. That's a dumb take.

Once again I'm not advocating that he be punished specifically because I personally don't have any conclusive proof of wrongdoing on his part. PA and Kakao would, though. It's too bad that their official stance is that all the mappers were too stupid to realize what they were doing was wrong, though. Even if he were guilty and we had proof nothing would be done.

Jey likes this.
  15. Dragonzord

I don't see why it's a dumb take. People have been after his head for weeks. Surely there'd be evidence of him exploiting by now? Until there is evidence, action should not be taken against him. I have seen so many posts demanding he be punished, his account be banned, he's a mapper with ZERO evidence that he took part in it. When you ask for that evidence they claim it's been deleted.... Well no, nothing is deleted from the internet, it just didn't exist in the first place.

You're right in the second paragraph, and maybe he wasn't punished because he didn't take part in the exploiting. That seems to be the conclusion that PA/KAKAO have come up with. And yet people still claim he took part and refuse to provide proof of that.

The stance that was taken by the people determining guilt (by the fact that no action was taken on his account) is that he is innocent. This witch hunt needs to stop.

16. Mana_Mafia

Bruh.

Just because you haven't been presented with evidence doesn't mean he's not guilty and if you're not able to understand that then you have obvious mental deficiencies...

17. Boink

I made a guide regarding these numbers and it's good gamble. They can definitely do it given that Afuaru chest drops a lot of FS and accessories. One of the most common drop is 50 FS. So if they play DUO @ 50 fs at 52%. They have a high chance of multiplying the penalty base value of (1:1) by 3X. Edit correction: Yes 3X multiplier. Imagine getting a penalty -150m while pumping 445m. Yes it's true it's not guaranteed but they had 3 weeks to launder something or they go negative.

If they play safe and bought caphras or actual gear with them. Let's consider a 1:1 value they just got a loan.

If they were dumb and just put their exploited in their bank and not touch it. They incur the heaviest penalty.

Why Kakao was so lenient about the penalties amazes me. They know they are a publisher of 5 more upcoming games.

I'm certain that exploit part is not the problem. The problem was that particular streamer suggest to his naive viewership that It is "officially" not an exploit. Then proceed on to explain in detail how to do it. Considering that they perma-banned the organizers of the event, why was he not part of it. He enticed people to do the exploit.

Like I've said many times with the Twitch environment is like Frog see, Frog do. Kakao is not really upfront with moderating streamers that scam as long as they bring in the free advertisement.

#557 Boink, Apr 16, 2020
    Songo™ and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Caninde Danacer

You: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/3f/33/b93f334ecb7c547f74aa9d49779ff3f7.jpg

19. Rai Asura

Well RNG is RNG. Any player can buy some and try their luck with "400m". I don't see how this is within the boundaries of their exploit loot.

You probably know this already but reminder, they minused the fs worth in silver as well right?

I guess for some people like you it is never enough.

20. Caninde Danacer

Imagine ... BDO being a game where even exploiting benefits are RNG :P

Phoenixxx75 likes this.