1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Dragonzord

The KR mod team and the NA/EU mod team are different and do things differently. There's no reason to assume that the things they do over there will be copied down to the letter over here. The fact that both events were run at the same time here, with the mods having knowledge of how it was used over in KR (and would undoubtedly be used in NA), and yet it still being done... Kinda says that both teams aren't on the same page. Of course there's going to be confusion.

You're using incitement incorrectly. "the action of provoking unlawful behaviour or urging someone to behave unlawfully." Joe did neither. He discussed it and said that he got 'official word' that it was okay. That isn't encouraging people to do it, he didn't tell people to do it. It's up to the people to decide whether he has the capacity to give an official word on anything and then act, not just say 'well joe said its okay, therefore its okay', no... You need to accept your responsibility for your actions.

As for how he was acting? I agree with you. It was childish.

#601 Dragonzord, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2020
    FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  2. CullanP

He had an influence on the community, any influencer saying the company who is making the game says it's ok, when in reality it was the exact opposite would be the definition of incitement. He was very well aware of what he was doing. People are gullible and when someone with a high influence says "the company said it's allowed", You're trying to tell me they won't?

Edit: After reading more through your comments, I can see there is no point in even trying to explain this concept to you. If you can agree that people need to accept responsibility for their actions, then I'm sure you can agree that joe should be doing the same. There should be a clear line to draw here with punishments and "urging" your viewers to do something. Telling them that any official source said it is allowed, is 100% going to urge them to do it. It would be like the president going on live television and telling people to do something even though there is a law for it, people would of course break said law because he is an influence and they would trust in him (Severe cases would be common sense). Both parties would be wrong in this instance, however the influencer is the reason the other party would've gotten in trouble for doing it due to being told a lie. Some of these people are kids, they're not going to think about what they're doing until it's too late

#602 CullanP, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Chaos Ronin, Phoenixxx75 and Kerenis like this.
  3. Camouflage

It happened and I don't think that Kakao will change it. We can stop talking about. (The other thread "ban em" is already dying)

Stop playing. There are many other games to play. Or use the next exploit too.

BUT to play this game fair and spending money ... THAT is the wrong way.

Hondo_Lane, Souda, Rakjze and 2 others like this.
  4. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Naturally. People are tired of having to point out, yell and repeat the obvious, and still none of it matters because they won't change a thing.
    I was sincerely hoping things will get better since the last huge ban where they banned innocent players, but as always these people just never fail to dissapoint. Some people will definitely leave the game because of this but who really cares? Surely not them. They will do their best to slowly continue killing this games community bit by bit until nothing is left. Time and time again they keep proving they they have no clue how to deal with explotiers/bots/hackers. Their playerbase brings eveidence right in front of their nose but who cares...? Just play dumb and you are innocent in their eyes, even if you got recorded on a video.
    ''Fair playing enviroment'' is the biggest sad joke here, from p2w to exploiting. It is baffling to me that they can care so extremely little about such a huge playerbase. It's insulting. We can repeat the same thing over and over but in the end nobody really hears it so we are just being silly and wasting our time.

5. Boink

Do you understand that contracts, terms of service or community guidelines are there to release primarily responsibility to any legal proceedings.

It's a breech of contract the same example I've given about an Avon representative claims that their make up line can cure baldness. If someone decides to use it and not see any effects the Avon representative will more likely be at fault in any legal action. To address any liability and to take action on what's written in almost every contract of employment (Misrepresentation, misuse or misinformation) they have to release the Avon representative. That goes to everything you do at ANY job site.

What they are doing is inviting any litigation regarding this incident Hey a Partnered BDO said it was officially not an exploit and he is not banned nor release. That means it is deemed OK by that company.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  6. Muken

How is that not encouraging enough? An official partner chosen by the game company, saying he has gotten official word that its not an exploit and no rules has been broken. His viewers will obviously choose to believe him, because of his identity in this game. That's actually even more persuasive than a normal person trying to convince others.

Chaos Ronin and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. Prochilles

So 4 trill / 428 players is toughly 9 bill each.I thought the exploit was only estimated at 4b per player

8. Dragonzord

I'm done discussing stuff about JNF. This is the kind of stuff that happens when the mods don't have the balls to do what it takes to keep a community together. You have people witch hunting someone that's brought possible hundreds of people to your game, and the leadership doesn't have the courage to either clear his name or deal with him if he's guilty..

I thought the issues caused by the lack of communication and transparency would have been obvious after this mapping debacle. Clearly they don't care about the community or defending its members or the integrity of their game.

I've reached out to rhotaaz about stepping up and saying something about the whole JNF stuff but he passed the buck on to a different team. This company is a PR nightmare. Noone is willing to stick their neck out and actually get the crap sorted and it's pathetic. All you're allowing to happen is for the community to tear itself apart.

Mods for the forums, you have failed at your job. You delete posts about naming and shaming and yet you have allowed this naming and shaming witch hunt of JNF to go on for weeks. You have perpetuated this by allowing it to happen.

This post will likely be deleted. Oh well.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Boink

As far as I know you are the only one mentioning his name and defending his actions. As far as I know I don't mention any names for said "witch hunting". Why do you think those streamer(s) deleted their VODS? Sadly a lot of players already got clips of it and it's still distributed and more likely be used for any future "ban hammers" legal action.

Let me guess in your world Prince Of Nigeria / Bernie Madoff and their affiliates are innocent because well..... no one is forcing the ones that are lured by words to action. What a wonderful world you live in.

Love your attempts and your denials then proceed to blame the MODS for your own forum post.

10. Peep

There is some confusion about that 4 trillion number, from the chests the loot comes in the forms of items that are not available for sale on the market (advice of valks, valks cry) as well as items that are available for sale on the market. GM Rhotaaz mentioned in one post that advice of valks +50 were valued at 310,000,000 each. So roughly by the numbers reported from chest amounts 65-75% of the value 4+ trillion silver is actually in items that can not even touch markets. GMs have currently refused to provide more information on the value amounts of the other drops. Being transparent and providing numbers might be beneficial in clearing up some of the confusion.

Prochilles likes this.
  11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I am pretty sure that there would be terms of service to being partnered. I am fairly certain in those terms would be something along the lines of not telling people how to use an exploit. The fact that people are stupid enough to take his word on something without him proving it is irrelevant as he should not have been promoting it in the first place. If he did not take part in the chests he should still have been at least temporarily banned for a certain time as punishment for this promotion of the exploit.
    Ps you are right though that people should not be harassing him, they should be harassing Kakao to do the right thing.

#611 Phoenixxx75, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Kerenis likes this.
  12. Menor

GMs wont ban themselves.

Castill4n likes this.
  13. LilithDragonFlower

This whole thing reminds me of what happened in Arche Age with the GM's many years ago.

Sold a land plot for like 3000 in g ame gold, the GM removes it a few days later claims the person who gave it to me did (RMT) real money trading, but I took 2000 of that gold put it into my own land with "Braziers, and Thunder Struck trees."

So GM makes my balance zero, but by the time I come out in profit im at like 5K gold again because they didn't remove all the other items I purchased with it.

Similar to advice of Valks, problem is right now that even those who didn't know it was an exploit and took part in this will have all those advice of valks which are valued I believe at (ZERO) so now they can just sell all the stuff they got, and use those advice of valks to enchant TET / PEN, and roll-over profit off of it.

Personally im not upset about the market flood, but giving people (Free Gear) and (Advice OF Valks) was the biggest problem, and they should have followed their own (Terms OF Use) and just did roll-backs on everyone since they deemed it an exploit way after the fact.

Though they need to update the Terms OF Use, like (SEA) which includes mistakes left in game by the developers to be abuse if taken advantage of the (Terms OF Use) legally doesn't provide a reason even for those 23 perma banned accounts if main accounts, though im sure there is a disclaimer that says they have the right to terminate for any reason, or no reason.

Clearly it's a disaster the GM's could have easily just ran a script to roll-back all the accounts that took part in this, and fixed their mistake.

Also Twitch.tv, does not openly allow others to share (Exploits) (Hacks), or (Cheating) with other players on the stream, but the problem is this was not declared an exploit, and based on the Terms OF Use itself wasn't illegal to create multiple accounts or run scrolls in that specific manor.

I mean I get it, it was totally wrong to take advantage of this, but even the GM said they screwed up, because for the amount of hours this was going on it should have been stopped in game at least by asking people to stop.

14. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Rollbacks were definitely warranted. You can make a lot of money with mats, failstacks, and an interest free loan.

15. Boink

Yes guess what happened to Trion Worlds..... it didn't worked out well.

Actually it happened a year ago and they said it was an exploit. This publisher decided not to pursue the whole thing.

Creating multiple accounts by itself is NOT the exploit. Doing the Afuaru maps repetitively was.

16. Flashaha

I'm amazed that your able to defend him given the verbal abuse that the person your defending gave out when he was TOLD at the time it was an exploit while streaming and his insults in response.

If you can't take it then DON'T give it.

That and as far as I can tell he shows no contrition for his attitude or actions.

The very least I would have expected was a 30 day ban and loss of partner status, anything less is a green light for the rest of us, hence why your witnessing this level of discourse.

Because if an official partner can be that toxic, why the hell can't everyone else.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. LilithDragonFlower

I get why they call it an exploit, but the issue here is that they let every account pretty much take part in it and obtain maps, and since creating multiple accounts was not forbidden, it would seem that making accounts and obtaining maps (Once per account) would be 100% legal game-play
    Still at the time, the GM's did not claim it was an exploit and failed to do so for like 24 hours or so.

Creating an account, and playing the game normally even if it was to obtain a lot of scrolls and repeatinng over and over never violated the terms of use (not to defend those who took advantage of it) because personally I think it was wrong in many ways, but rules are rules, and the GM's should follow their own rules / terms of use laid down.

18. Boink

I don't get it.

You are using making the accounts an excuse to do the exploit. The same logic as making an account to fish bot or speed hack is totally 100% legal game-play. Kakao let's you make multiple accounts. So it's not forbidden. I'm sorry it doesn't make any sense.

I saved the video of this partnered streamer and yes definitely looks like a green light to me.

Hondo_Lane likes this.
  19. Chokeville

It
    its because it’s not a witch hunt, there’s evidence of him stating things that are terms for loss of partnership, your determination to defend him given the evidence against what you’re saying is pretty hysterical to be honest

20. YeahRight

Just a reminder that the GM's left the fail stacks and items they exploited fully in the game and its encouraged for them to use it to regain the negative balance.