1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Hondo_Lane

While I will agree with you that the Dev's should have done whatever they could have before and during this robbery of legit players.

Every single post you've made concerning this basically states it's not the players fault they participated in thievery. Kinda of like saying since a store doesn't have signs up throughout asking customers to not five finger discount the merchandise that stealing is perfectly legit.

And every player that took part in this should be banned easy as pie. As Barretta used to say in his TV show:: "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"

2. Desibabez94

I still stand by what I said.

All of the guilds that participated should be named, shamed and banned from the game .

God bless every single person that asks for them in world chat to hunt them down. You guys are the real MVPs.

Wish kakao cared half as much as the exploit hunters do. Maybe then the game wouldn’t be going to ****.

Mana_Mafia, Lillesofie and Jinoro like this.
  3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You can and we do blame the cheating players. You are so wrong in this regard. They knew they were cheating, they laughed about how little punishment they would get and even bragged that they were too important to the game. Stop defending these cheaters.

Mana_Mafia, Lillesofie, Souda and 6 others like this.
  4. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 61 EU

And then... and then he said "being smart" about it xD xD xD
    That's taking the piss.

LinaCrysta and Desibabez94 like this.
  5. Boink

If a "partnered" streamers that represents part of their company says is not an exploit and they are not ban. The only thing the exploiters including the perma ban ones should do is use the video and that will provide them ample defense. That an affiliate said it's officially not an exploit or they were misled by streamers affiliated with the company that obviously violating their terms of service and this publishers failure to enforce it.

Boom EZ PZ gains.

Eternal2nd, Jinoro and LinaCrysta like this.
  6. CompZilla

@GM Rhotaaz

Don't know if this was covered?

What is the % of those who exploited the Afurau's Guild Event from NA and Europe?

So how many from NA and how many from Europe?

Or at least a general idea of which region was more and a ball park figure of how much?

This is not inflammatory, it's important that we know what we're up against

If I don't get an answer:

From anybody else in the know?

Thanks in advance

7. LilithDragonFlower

Some of the people absolutely without a doubt knew because i've seen some of the Audio recordings that I download hard-copy's of which were leaked.

- The whole issue boils down to.

- The company's oversight to allow this to happen in the first place.
    - The failure to come into the game and put a stop to it as this took place on live stream, and people were upset about it
    - The amount of time it took for an investigation
    - The failure to do a roll-back as per the (Terms OF Use.)
    - So far no update to the Terms OF Use (SEA Terms OF USE) allows perma bans on all who take part in an exploit, even if left in the game by mistake by developers (EU) does not.

Which is true, at the time of the now known exploit which became known officially after the fact, it wasn't an exploit because.

- The game had no restrictions on the Terms OF Use to making multiple accounts
    - Each account had the account flag to obtain the scrolls
    - The game allowed them to deposit them into the guild bank, and then leave the guild while they stay there.

And the quote entering an event in an abnormal way doesn't apply to this because it's not abnormal to make an account and simply play the game even if you wanted to do that a million times, the developers let you do it.

I'm not defending cheaters, because I feel roll-backs should have been done, and immediately all the advice of valks should have been deleted from everyone who took part in this even if it was by accident, or many did not actually know about it, as the unfair part is the cheaters use all these advice of valks to get (TET) & (PEN) weapons, sell them making bigger profits to pay back their debt, or keep them for themselves.

But even no matter how unfair I feel it is, I look at the (Rules) / (Terms OF Use) of the actual service to see if it was really cheating, even though my heart feels it was cheating, the rules are there and officially before being announced it was cheating at least some people unless evidence is there may not have known it was cheating.

What good is a Terms OF Use / Rules, If you can't follow what you wrote, i've seen other company's do it worse than Kakao, and i've even seen a few gaming community over the last 10 years, some people that can't even follow their own rules laid down by the Admins, and worst are the "Liars", who have to lie to get their way.

#707 LilithDragonFlower, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Erela likes this.
  8. Rakjze

Here is 50 artisans to make you forget about that we were just the worst team at managing the last exploit but we are good boys so exploiters are getting those artisans too. So you fair, kind, and cashcow players of bdo can spend again some pearls in our nowadays p2w and outdated cosmetic shop. Greetings.

9. MinMaid

MinMaid 61 NA

Ban partner steamer for exploiting when? Or can we get more free stuff and maybe i'll forget about it.

10. ChikCen

Punish the exploiters when?

Mana_Mafia, Ravers, onaco and 4 others like this.
  11. Jyst

For all you that are Following this..

“The Resolution” Should Scare the HELL out of you.

“WHY you ask?” They got what they deserved you say..

Lets understand 1 thing here

The Accounts that got Perma Banned.. Did nothing outside normal game play and some even were not anywhere close to involved in any part other than killing chests.

They Perma Banned Main accounts of players that did nothing wrong per the TOS or by action. They were banned by a LIST of concerned players, and then found “Not in the Spirit” of the game.. not anything in violation of TOS!

This means that EACH and EVERY one of your accounts even if you follow the TOS and do nothing but hunt, group, and play every day as normal .. YOU can find yourself on a list and have your account Perma banned because some group of players wants you removed from game NOT because you did anything wrong.

Talking about things in game or on discords, twitch ..Scheming .. dreaming .. Joking around or crossing other guilds or Streaming a Meme can now get you on a “List” that with enough pressure will get your account Perma Banned for no reason other than some group did not like you, and thought what you did was Out of Line.

Real dollars and hours of investment now at risk because of this new "Resolution"

You can say they got what they deserved but when you do nothing wrong and they can Perma Ban you for "Association" with something and nothing more.. YOU SHOULD ALL be scared to DEATH.

For those that still do not understand ..

Some Accounts were banned being in same household but never involved. And some were banned for just being an outspoken person.

BE AFRAID .. Be VERY afraid when gaming comes to mob rule and not by the TOS that you sign into every day… bad things happen.

Erela and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  12. Boink

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process(es) or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was not intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).
    The User shall never attempt to reproduce an Exploit, except for the purpose of providing the reproduction steps to customer support of Kakao Games Europe.
    Any benefit acquired from the direct or indirect action of Exploiting shall be reversed if deemed necessary by Kakao Games Europe.

Are you saying that making 2+ billion silver per hour is no way exploitative? Are you saying the ones that are involved didn't know it was an exploit?

Can you tell me in any NORMAL activity in game that can parse 2+ billion silver per hour besides getting lucky with a DUO end game accessory? It is too obvious for anyone that actually plays the game that the sheer amount of items one can make from it is NOT normal.

Hondo_Lane, Phoenixxx75 and Jinoro like this.
  13. ChikCen

Lol

14. Mana_Mafia

22 from NA, 1 from EU.

15. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

@Jyst

...Yeahhhh...
    Except they DID violate ToS. And under every event page on every single patch notes it says that ''Any exploit or abnormal ways of entering in-game events may result in the restriction of your account.''
    How many times do people have to copy/paste that sentence for others to get it....
    Just stop trying.

16. Mana_Mafia

What they were doing was wrong, though.

Kymaera and Jinoro like this.
  17. CompZilla

Thanks.

Figured is was vastly an NA exploit

And the 400 odd accounts that just had there exploited silver gains deducted?

The same ratio?

By the looks of it us EU players don't have tooo much to worry about

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

[​IMG]

tos was broken tho.

19. Mana_Mafia

1:1, Slap on the wrist.

20. Hondo_Lane

yup when streamers advocated doing this and told people on their stream that the Dev's had said it was fine to do this exploit and got not even a slap on the wrist.

It's just too funny that Kakao said they took care of this

LMFAO