1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ChikCen

I don't know what's more pathetic, the "punishment" (thanks PA for the loan!) or idiots actually defending the exploiters loooooooooool

2. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Again all thats being said is alot of "most likelys" and "theys" referring to entire guilds when bans are done on single players...just being in a guild,no matter the guild is not reason to be banned...It has to be proved down to an individual basis not "just ban the entire guild!"

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  3. LilithDragonFlower

I feel it was cheating, and unfair, but from a legal standpoint the way I read and see things.

The Terms of use supersedes the event notice.

Also the reason (EU) needs to update their Terms OF Use to be more like (SEA).
    https://www.sea.playblackdesert.com/Policy/policy/index/?policyNo=10

- The Terms OF Use doesn't forbid multiple accounts.

- The event notice itself says "Available once per in-game family." (Though it says New or Returning players as well, one could assuume it's okay to create multiple accounts to get scrolls if they choose to because many games out there allow you to repeat the same quests / events per account.

- It says "Abnormal ways of entering an event, but it's not abnormal to create a few or even a hundred accounts and level them up if you want to, and technically you are not entering an event because you are not accepting entry, or signing anything to enter anything.

Kakao & Cheaters.

- Kakao, should not admit in a support ticket why a player was banned if they inquire, as doing such can provide cheaters a legal defense.

Cheaters / banned players who choose to try to appeal / attorney

- File a support ticket, and tell the truth about the incident, if you really had no idea, and hope you get your account back, however, if they just give you a reason for a ban being that you exploited the maps, then what you need to do is contact your attorney.

- Gather evidence of the reason they gave you for the ban.
    - The Terms OF Use save a copy of it before they update it
    - Save a copy of the event notice itself
    - Save a copy of the videos of the streamers saying it wasn't an exploit
    - Save a copy of all communications explaining how you didn't know it was an exploit, and their response
    - Explain how it was unfair getting banned for an oversight made by the designers, and no notice prior.

- File a suit in a court explaining the (Damages / Losses) aka any (Pearl shop purchases) include copy's of receipts, payments, etc, and provide the evidence / anything you may have stated above, along with a complaint saying that it was the developers who made the mistake at fault, and how long it took them to even inform players it was an exploit.

At which point it would be up to Kakao the legal agreement / department, but
    - In the least you may get your account back (Rolled Back)
    - They may issue a refund of partial refund of purchases

Though do know that such lawyers especially across country if you are outside of (EU) will be very expensive, so you will have to determine if you can afford the expense of a attorney.

Not joking about this either i've gotten 80% refunds off company's before that tried to rip me off and only spent a couple of hundred bucks which saved me thousands.

Kakao, needs to at least update their (Terms OF Use) to be more like (SEA) to include accidental mistakes left in the game by developers just for legal reasons, and should have issued roll-backs on all accounts that took part in this.

^ Legally after knowing why your account was terminated, you will need to prove how you did not know it was an exploit, and incompetence of the game developers setting the wrong flags / permissions on items in the game that lead to this being allowed to be done.

Im not a full legal expert in all of this, but even thouugh it falls under EU Law, I believe there are certain consumer laws that have to be followed between US / EU that would protect a user from wrongful termination in the event that a user is clearly told by kakao that their account was terminated for using an exploit, which was clearly the oversight of developers making a mistake, and not informing the players for at least 24 hours.

The key fact is (Ignorance, and lack of knowledge) also a reason that likely only 23 accounts were perma banned, and if those 23 accounts actually did admit in game they exploited or knew it was an exploit, then they absolutely deserved it.

4. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

As a new player, i neved had the oportunity to use the scrolls :(

5. PeanutButterSandwich

I've stopped logging in as of today. Maybe the market will be better at a later time. Allowing exploits for some people and banning others seems kind of for show at this point. "Oh look we are really banning people, just ignore these partners and special whales over here.". It would be nice if they would just get rid of Xigncode too, since it eats up so much of my CPU, causes crashing, and many other issues. At this point, any future bans are a joke. Sorry, but this has been a bitter few months and hard to swallow.

6. reconkangas

I agree with you from a personal standpoint it was cheating, it was done with the specific intent to exploit the games mechanics.
    Legally sure its not against TOS to have multiple accounts, but again we have intent here. The amount of time from when it was identified as an exploit it could be determined in a few weeks time if any of the 1000's alt accounts that were made were logged back into to actually play or if they were ever logged in again after being kicked from the guild my guess this is one of there criteria along with IP address of the same accounts.
    They could have avoided all of this by making it that players had to be a member in the guild (I.E. 2 WEEKS) before being allowed to transfer maps to guild storage then when it hit guild storage the timer starts to complete them giving the event say 3-4 weeks would of been sufficient. Also again seige guild's wouldn't house 30-70 accounts for weeks on end but who knows they might but highly doubtful.

In the end to punishment that was given was so light that its unlikely that this harmed any single account except the 25 that were perma banned ( that its doubtful they will remain permanently banned) the amount of silver made off this including fail stacks will never be recovered and 14 bil to players at 285-300 w kutum is a joke. Stars end i make 1.2 bil a day on Avg With 285 kutum this would be 15 days is grinding to keep the 30+ bil of goods they got was a great trade off.

7. LilithDragonFlower

Sorry bro ); I really wish "Kakao" would hold some type of mentor system that gives bound rewards or something to people assisting new players with leveling up and playing the game / questing etc, but something that can't be abused... (Hopefully you at least got your supressed TRI gear, as IMO without exploits that is the biggest gear that would have helped you.)

^ Wow you can make 1.2 bil a day at stars end?
    Is this per actual (24) real life hours played, or just casual play?

And yeah I agree that the punishments were, too light, I don't feel like anyone should have gotten perma banned, but rather Heavy Roll-Backs issued to everyone who took part in it.

I know the entire community of BDO want's to blame just the cheaters too, but at the same time I feel we should all be pushing for an updated (Terms OF Use) to better detail unintentional exploits left in the game by developers similar to (SEA) version of Black Desert Online, and be pushing for better security to prevent abuse of account registrations for that matter, and to make sure stuff like this never happens in the future.

To begin with there are things that are quite concerning to me about Black Desert, that I never paid attention to.

1.) Terms OF Use, doesn't say a person must provide complete accurate (Real Life information) as some other services do.
    (Unless I missed something I didn't see this.)

2.) Doesn't say anything about using mailinator, or other temporary email services to register those 1000+ accounts.
    (The system could have also blocked those domains from being able to be used to register accounts in the first place.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The exact same thing happened in a previous game called Albion Online in 2017, the game company had a Terms OF Use, that did not make any sense, banned hundreds of players for trading without anything in equal value, and blame the community for the developers own mistakes with perma bans, I personally lost $168 in the game, but the company mysteriously suffered a massive attack on their servers shortly after launch lost like all their player-base within just a few months, and obviously they blame the gold sellers, and the developers are just a bunch of children lol who have no idea where the real attack came from.

Now we have a new game similiar coming out called (Fractured MMO) but it's a USA based game, and I bet it's a lot more successful.

^ The only good side with "Black Desert" / Kakao, as a company is they don't have the stuck-up (Hydra the Marvel Series) attitude that the other company did, but right now is a great time to look at the issues at hand and fix them to make sure nothing like this can happen again.

I also think "Black Desert / Kakao" has a decent (CSR Team), we just need them to make changes and be more open to the community about the next steps at making sure this doesn't happen in the future, as well as make obvious security changes for fake account registration.

I'd love to see more GM run events in game for the community, and players / more actual interactions that could prevent exploiting.

Mana_Mafia and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  8. LilithDragonFlower

They really do need to get rid of XingCode, because the program is easy to bypass, and it causes crashes randomly without reason especially when the CPU is under load from other tasks, or a person is using older pc hardware.

^ Though clearling the (Cache folders) and resetting the settings to a previous backup does help, I still believe XingCode is at fault.

A good developer would know that in a game like "Black Desert" there is no need for a (Client Side) anti cheat at all, this can all be done (Server Side).

- By tracking movement speed, and position as well as (Buffs) and (Escape / V) being used if a user falls outside of normal ranges they are flagged for investigation to hacking and banned if needed.

- Fish Bots, same thing in reality a person isn't going to be able to fish 24/7 at their keyboard, and this is again detectable server side, as well as detecting completion speed of the mini game ,though there are ways to bypass this as a cheat maker too it's not like Xing Code does it's job anyways.

9. Boink

Making the accounts is not the reason why players got banned. I bold the sole reason why they got the "punishment".

I remember there was a glitch or a bug that allowed players to get a T9 horse in the first day of it's release. They quickly patched it and I believe they perma the 2 players.

They already signed themselves making the maps.. or making that T9 horses. It doesn't have to be a new account, hundreds of account or their main account. The guild that was involved could of just recruited the 10s of thousand of new players that signed in when they introduce it as an Free To Play weekend and still would of been "punished" or get a loan wink wink with the Afuaru maps.

LilithDragonFlower likes this.
  10. YeahRight

Y'all still talking about this weeks after the fact ?

Listen the Kakao publisher does not care. There is already one well documented case of a player breaking ToS and the lead gm making an exception. One way or the other this game's GM team is riddled with favoritism.

Kinda surprised boycotts and charge backs haven't happened yet given the outrage.

im Free2Play now bois.

Mana_Mafia, Marzipan Stan and Rakjze like this.
  11. Rakjze

Imagine using an anti cheat that is so bad that it kills fair players cpu, does'nt do it job as there are so many fishbot/speedhack and other stuff, and then having a human team which is even worse letting people exploit. So what's the point in having an anti cheat systems that poorly doesnt work at all and having TOS and GM's that aren't able to apply those?

ps: Salty but well that game always been an amazing base, humans managing it are just the wrong ones who doesnt even play it. Unlucky that you can kill a so good game by being so incompetent.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. LilithDragonFlower

Well it's also been rumored that "Black Desert Online" has a (Crypto Currency) miner which is why people are saying it goes between like 10-20% CPU usage in the background, or maybe XingCode 3 is the crypto miner?

13. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

That would explain why they use so much systems for you to leave the game on at all hours

14. Hazzardous

I know this recent event of a **** show i logged in tried to pen my gear failed it all deleted it .. uninstalled the game
    I will say this after that judgement went down a couple of weeks ago 95% of my guild quit playing the game that a good 60 players. And those people were ****ing whales bro. like you lost more in revenue keeping those streamers.plus the servers seem super dead no one is playing anymore lol

#754 Hazzardous, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  15. LilithDragonFlower

To be honest the only thing I really love about Black Desert online is the "Graphics" being amazing, and my sexy loli witch / sorc / lahn.

BDO Itself is okay for being as old as it is, and has done a good job with the graphics, but other than this there are other games that beat BDO, but fail in many other ways.
    ^ And because there is simply nothing better right now.

Arche Age, was by far the best game i've ever played something BDO will never have with the following aspects.

- Trading across the ocean
    - Sailing was far better game-play, something BDO devs need to work on actually fixing trading to be more like Arche Age.
    - The crafting system was more hands on.
    - The Land System, and crafting houses were amazing not to mention more real farming.

^ This said, Trion Worlds ruined the game, made it too pay 2 win for many people, refused to add simple Quality OF Life (QOL) changes the game eventually went down.

PVP Wise though, Node Wars is the style of combat Arche Age lacked as a game.

PVE wise, (TERA) is far better game-play than BDO, but sucks for (PVP) The graphics are also amazing on TERA, not as polished IMO, and the developers refused to fix the User Interface to be more modern so that kept me from playing.

However we got "Crow Fall" and "Ashes OF Creation" in development as well as PSO2, and possibly "Fractured MMO".

If developed correctly these games could cause a serious dent in BDO playerbase.

16. reconkangas

Yah i avg about 1.2 bil per day at stars end how many hours depends on distortion drops. i have had as little as 2 hours and as many as 6 ish. I would like to point out that this is a 7 day avg from maintenance to maintenance. i try to limit my grinding to no more than 6 hours per day, i avg between 75-100 mil P/h junk loot depending on if i can get the main rotation or not and how many times i get challenged during that period. It can and will get very frustrating out there something as simple as some clown coming into the rotation ahead of me to even ask "how much time i have left" can F up the entire rotation for that round (due to pulling the mobs) because the exact placement of the mob is required for the most efficient speed any deviation from it generally results in less loot per hour and lower kills speed.

but usually its about 600 mil in junk loot (clear blackstar, black magic crystals, distortions gen drop on avg one every 2 hours or 14k junk ish) but i have had 5-7 distortions drop in a grind.

17. woots

both,
    PA / kakao for running more after $$$$ & way too afraid of loosing somes whales at the expense of their integrity
    & players beeing ready to defend anything if they "like" thing, even if the devs or whatever even was defecating directly on their food, the level of "fanboy" is very strong

18. Mana_Mafia

There is no discrepancy. "They" are members of siege guilds that ran maps. Siege guilds do not have new players and any legitimate returning players should be readily apparent to Kakao. Take your low-effort shilling elsewhere, you'll convince nobody here. The participants are guilty as sin.

Of course I want cheaters banned, but not as an act of revenge. I want them to restore *some* amount of integrity to the game by removing all these compromised accounts and the detestable people behind them.

Arreyanne, Phoenixxx75 and Jinoro like this.
  19. MMoNoob

goodbye bdo 4ever thank you kakoa for breaking my unhealthy addiction i am free finally to enjoy the real world. will prob quit gaming for good too must lvl up in real life and build my marketplace in real life. take care my fellow bdo brothers and sisters if you continue to play the game do not give this company any money they have made enough already and dont deserve anymore.

Kikux, Phoenixxx75 and Kymaera like this.
  20. LokalniBandit

Sadly best answer will be -1. Take care