1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Kymaera

LOL

Pressure...perma banned... if that were true then 100s of players would have got perma banned... sorry but not sorry you or your friend got perma banned for exploiting a KNOWN EXPLOIT THAT EXISTED IN THE KOREAN VERSION IN 2018....

All this "Resolution" did was show how they cater to the siege guilds, the partnered streamers, and don't give a lick about anyone else. If they gave two shats about "regular" players then the axe would have dropped swift and heavy but instead it was a tax free loan that allowed those exploiters time to make billions and get out of whatever "resolution" would be handed down.

They spit on us by saying the exploiters were "too dumb" to realize it was an exploit even though they admitted they knew it was and joked about it openly...then they stomped and ground the spit in by saying "you're too dumb to realize what we're doing."

FFS They call it a "resolution" instead of a banwave or punishment.

2. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Ahhhh...okay..sooo..ban siege players who ran maps..got it!

He narrowed it down with 100% accuracy Kakao,no reason to dig deeper.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  3. TruDeath

I believe this is over and cant do anything about it, sadly.

Arreyanne likes this.
  4. Stealthe

Exploits like this are like mice...if you catch 1 their are likely hundreds you havent caught.yet everyone acts like this is the only one lol

5. Kymaera

Just keep the thread alive and reminding the new players how they deal with exploiting in bdo.

6. Kymaera

I truly hope they don't lock this thread:

It would literally be silencing victims.

This exploit effected all of us. Only the exploiters benefited. Even after their "punishment."

7. Mana_Mafia

Nobody is acting like this is the only exploit...that's why we are all so upset. We're pissed off that even when we--the players--have a preponderance of evidence that malicious wrongdoing occurred justice still goes unserved.

*I* can't prove who took part in the forechopping exploit and for how long or how much they gained. *I* can't prove who was paying large sums of money several times a guild to collect multiple payouts during the SMH era. *I* can't prove who is using speedhacks when not under my direct observation or who pays for piloting/boosting services. Kakao and Pearl Abyss do have access to this information but seemingly do nothing with it.

*I* can, however, link to the abundance of videos on Twitch and Youtube of these people cheating in plain sight. *I* can hear them discuss openly how they were doing this and to what end. We all know how much they made. *I* can listen to them mock the idea of being held accountable by the game's staff. This should have been an open and shut case, easy as pie, but instead of throwing the book at them we released them and said "No, no! That wasn't very appropriate please reconsider your behavior and we will trust that you'll refrain from taking further exploitative actions again..."

This is why we are outraged.

Apart from the 23 people that were banned the only people that were punished was us.

Fateneko, TruDeath, Xenon and 5 others like this.
  8. Boink

That sounds like a twisted logic. Let me get this straight: To make a "fair-balanced gameplay" we just absolved anyone who exploit and explaining how to do the exploit openly in the videos. In the same time mocking the community because they tap a "smart" way to make profit. It balances out because there were hundreds of exploit that was not properly addressed. We all have a free pass for "fair" gameplay!

If we live in that kind of society where crime and punishment doesn't fit because of some twisted concept of "fairness". Then all serial killers that was ever caught should be released because well Zodiac killer was never caught hahahahahaha.... it would be "unfair" to every other future or past criminals to suffer when there are many that was never caught. Oh he was finally caught on camera! Oh here you go $100k loan for your troubles and your free to go. Don't ever do that again "spank"!

What kind of "justice" is that!?!?

Xenon, Phoenixxx75 and Jinoro like this.
  9. LilithDragonFlower

Simpy because i'm like an elephant IRL, I don't forget, and depending how bad it really is I want to say don't forgive, sometimes im a Boondock Saint, other times im Judge Dredd.

Thus the reason i've been debating for quite awhile on my free time the facts.

No matter how unfair it was, I still have to question why Kako doesn't follow their own (Terms OF Use) and roll-back the accounts in question, and why 23 people were perma banned in the first place for simply playing the game.

Still want to point out how.
    - Streamers said it wasn't an exploit
    - It took at least 24 hours it seems like before kakao informed the community about the exploit
    - The Terms OF Use did not forbid multiple accounts
    - The event notices says you can do the event (Once Per Family)
    - The event notice specifys (Exploit / Abnormal Ways) however it's not an exploit or abnormal to do the event which is given (Once per family) and doesn't violate the (Terms OF Use) unless the players had knowledge that it wasn't Kakaos intention, and there is (In-Game evidence) of players admitting in chat to exploiting or using exploits that were not allowed by the developers of the game.

Clearly this was a mistake made by the devs and should have resulted in a roll-back, fix, and warning all players in the future to report or ask first and to be more careful / improve their quality testing team to insure nothing like this happens in the future. But it wasn't handled correctly.

[​IMG]

^ Also for the dumb and uniformed people such as myself...

- Why does the event notice "contradict" what took place ( Says once per family.) which would mean (Once per account) which means that no one really did anything wrong as (Multiple accounts) under the Terms OF Use are not forbidden.

- Players also are not really (Entering an event) as there is no registration to enter an event, a user just has to play the game So these terms do not make any sense to me.

^ Thus to me it's possible that players might not even read the text, or look at event pages I really don't most the time I just play the game, and if I ever use my 2nd account, if the game lets me do a repeatable event on it then I do because the game lets me.

10. Hazzardous

I know this game is going to die off because of their lack of actions protecting partnered streamers who admitted to the exploit bragged bout it and told others how to do it. doesn't even get a slap on the wrist
    I used to log in an announce on my social media I was doing some jokes for SNL and other famous comedians in server chat but that's gone now
    all those famous rich rich rich mofo i brought to the game are leaving with me.

Jinoro likes this.
  11. Stealthe

Exactly,this wasn't anymore of an exploit than players making alt chars just to do Valancia 2 questline for advice of valks.

Could you imagine how quickly people here would change their toon if they went back and banned all of those players.

12. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

it was valencia 1 questline tho

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The Valencia quest line rewards are being exploited by players constantly deleting and making alts just to run it for the fail stacks. The game devs could easily fix this though by limiting the amount of times this quest can be done to the amount of characters able to be made. So if you have six slots you can only run it six times, if fifteen slots you can do it fifteen etc. Any player that has run it more than the amount of character slots owned should have the equivalent in silver removed from their accounts.

14. ColdCashDivine

You can't be serious.
    So running a questline is... exploiting?
    It's not even worth it if you are decently geared, only useful for new players.
    Please.
    If you have some gear and a little knowledge about the game you can make those failstacks in 10 minutes and go grind 3 hours and get 20 times the money you spent on those

Jinoro likes this.
  15. Stealthe

So running scrolls is exploiting?

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I am fairly certain that pearl abyss consider it to be an exploit which is why they have changed the requirements to be able to start the Valencia one quests. They never envisaged that players would continually delete a character to make another to run these quests and yet many did. Now you have to complete all story quests in balenos, serendia, Calpheon and Mediah before doing it. This has made it far less attractive to do so. And yes I do also think it is an exploit.

17. Megta

Megta Archer EU

No, but abusing an event which is ment to make new players more attractive for a guild to get more scrolls is.

18. Stealthe

Oh ok...so making alts to get failstacks from Valencia 1 quest line is too then...oh and using sweet honey wine to get unlimited energy...as a matter of fact when they patched those the reason they gave was "it was never intended"...aka an exploit.

So im assuming you would be okay with those players being banned and or accounts rolled back to

#778 Stealthe, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  19. ranabat

Making Alt accounts for fail stacks.... Lol?

20. Megta

Megta Archer EU

No, because you don't get any benefit from the failstacks on your alt accounts on your main account.

I't would also be okay for me, if they had baned people who "overloaded" their horses before they made it a feature.

Jinoro likes this.