1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Kymaera

Enough with all this false equivalency... some people think others are dumb enough to believe this wasn't an exploit or on par with other exploits. Think why they did it. Think how they did it. Think them questioning it. Think impact. Think who did it. Think how outspoken they were. This should have all been weighed in the "punishment." Instead, it "gifted" a get out of jail free card, so to speak, where most people partaking still benefited after so called "resolution." They were top tier geared players abusing an exploit that was known to exist since 2018 with a name and shame, 3x negative value of items on their market, and 7 to 30 day bans. They knew full well what to expect. Take advantage, we dont name and shame in NA (for some stupid reason), wasn't a mass perma ban, and how can you spend ur gains to benefit even if hit with 30 day suspension and -3x silver deducted from market... They knew exactly what they were doing and how to benefit even if hit with the same punishment Korea got. The difference is, the exploit was already done and known about so the punishment should have been more severe, ie a perma ban. Instead, they got tickled pink and told grats on the loot and TET/PENs they got from this. I personally know a few people who quit the game over it. I myself, stopped actively playing as much and mostly afk, finding it hard to when I know what could take me months or years to do, means nothing when some people exploit and gain the world.

2. Boink

Did you really just compare questing as an actual exploit? 2-5+ billion silver PER HOUR compare to Valencia quest lines? The time you finish and get that 50 FS. I bet you that I can get at least 3-4 of them just failstacking even up to 100fs from scratch.

Here comes another twisted "fairness" oh another "exploit" that players took advantage and they didn't get ban. So it's perfectly OK to exploit. Just like any other future speedhackers. Since not everyone of them is ban, it's perfectly fine to speedhack.

Jinoro likes this.
  3. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Ahh I got it,sorry,I wasnt aware silver per hour was part of the formula for determing an exploit...I should have known...so exploiting is okay as long as you dont go over a certain silver per hour.Oh and I also assume your in charge of determing that thresh hold.

Those players were no more "questing" than they was just "running scrolls"

Oh and deteming players that exploited And how much they made would probably be best left to the people who have access to all the details and historical account data instead of a bunch of "well I heard from Luvstospooge that" crap

#783 Stealthe, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  4. LilithDragonFlower

Wait i've heard of people doing this, so would I get banned if I actually took the time to do this, because it's an in-game mechanic?

5. Boink

I'm sorry what criteria is it that puts it as an exploit. Do you understand WHAT AN EXPLOIT IS?

Are we using the exploit as in gaining items in game repeatedly? Just like doing Kamasylvia Main Quest to get a lot of multiple peridot leaves, crystal, accessories. Is that in your mind an exploit? You compare that to EVERY repeated motion in game and everything is an "exploit". MMOs are designed that way, to do the same action to get something players wants/needs. LOL

No that's not it. The Afuaru event was made for NEW and RETURNING players. "Running scrolls" is that what everyone is saying now. They were just simply running scrolls. That is some sick compartmentalizing.

No I'm not in charge obviously If I was put in that position I banned the whole group.

Xenon, Hondo_Lane and Jinoro like this.
  6. Stealthe

Ahhh lol...So constantly making and deleting characters to do Valancia 1 quest line doesnt sound like an exploit?I mean any quest that requires constant creating and deleting characters to repeat sounds a little in the exploiting territory...It seems like you dont know what an exploit is...but okay lets here how you will twist this one.

#786 Stealthe, May 6, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. Boink

There are already restraints for it. Depending on the level which is level 56 there is a long cooldown. I personally never tried it because you make more FAILSTACK actually failstacking. Did you miss that somehow? I repeat it again you make more failstacks within the duration of the WHOLE VALENCIA QUEST line... actually failstacking.

Tell me what part of making new accounts designed for NEW AND RETURNING players to feed an old account equate to that.

Jinoro likes this.
  8. Stealthe

Ahh well,I dont need you to side with me,PA already did and well lets face it,they are way smarter than you

9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You should but you won't because kakao are stupid. You should only be able to do the Valencia one quests as many times as character slots you have unlocked. Deleting characters and remaking them to do these quests should never have been allowed. It is now not as much worth doing though unless you just want to try other alts because now you have to do all the story quests at all three zones first. In the past you only had to reach 55.

LilithDragonFlower likes this.
  10. LilithDragonFlower

Yeah personally I wouldn't do it anyways I don't feel I have the time to run hundreds of quests just for a 100 stack or whatever, personally I don't feel like it's that big of a deal, and the way I see the "Quest Line" Main Quests, should be able to be done (Once Per Family) and unlock across all characters on the account.

11. Stealthe

The quest line gives 5 20 stacks,3 30's and a 50 per character and players who ran it alot would tag new alts to multiply the amount of stacks gained.

Players who were familiar with it would take around 15 mins per alt to speed to lvl 55 then around 45 mins to an hour to do the quest line.

So with 1 alt tagged for instance you could get 10 20 stacks,6 30's and 2 50's in around 1.5 hours and their wasn't as quick and cheap of ways at to get those stacks at the time.

#791 Stealthe, May 6, 2020
  12. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Lol, 1h? sure! Can u upload a video doing it? please xD

13. Stealthe

That one may have only been 55 minutes but you can play it in slow motion if you want to get to an hour.

14. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

And... a video with the time lvling the char and doing Balenos + Serendia + Calpheon quest lines? And without a horse much more valuable than the Valks themselves would be appreciated too. Please :)

#794 Jinoro, May 6, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Nice reply but you forgot that the Mediah quests must be complete too.

Jinoro likes this.
  16. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

True. With Mediah quests too, please.

In 1 hour. I want to learn from a true master, i just have 2 months in this game and i could learn one or two things.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

So 25 hour for 5x 20, 3x 30 and 1x 50 fs, what an exploit, i can make ten times the ammount of it just from smart failstacking in less than an hour.
    It was nerfed already but if people could instant delete characters for this before nerf i would call it an exploit, but we both know that it's a waste of time for any serious players.
    Only was good for newbies who don't have the money and materials for a failstacking setup and just want to make their 1st few tets armors/weapons or tri accesories.

Boink and Jinoro like this.
  18. Stealthe

Its like you guys are in a different world and read nothing...all you had to do was scroll back a few posts to keep up

19. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Maybe, in my world i cannot lvl a char and do 5 main quests lines in just 1 hour. So its possible.

20. Stealthe

You could litterally just lvl to 55 and do Valencia before the patch.

And why wouldnt they have a horse?

#800 Stealthe, May 6, 2020
    FairlyEnjoyable likes this.