1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event - Resolution

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

All that time for that zzz

u/chi likes this.
  2. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

Glad you took care of it so quickly

Only 4 weeks to ban 23 seems reasonable

Snoop! and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. rs_sakuras

What about the failstack drops from it too, i heard they went up to 50 each, they're even more valuable than just the silver

Rai Asura likes this.
  4. Crack

Than make a new post instead of replying here trying to justify your guilds sins and you guild is perma dec and you always spawn town after 3 wipes just like your nodewars.

5. qweqqi

qweqqi Qweqqi Ninja 62 EU

i'm personally okay with the results, although x2 amount of silver gained reduction would be kinda better to discourage any future exploits. However, we have no idea how many players were involved or what the amounts were. So any type of stricter measures might've RUINED THE SIEGE SCENE REEE.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. Rai Asura

This, very much this. Do not underestimate how many failstacks they got and what u can do with those. These are easy DUO/TRI accessory or even low end TET stacks for weaps/armors.

7. SilverWolf

And i will explain to you because you don't understand the real ramifications.

23 Alt accounts were banned. Did you catch it? Let me try again, 23 Alt accounts were banned. Meaning the real exploiters are still in the game. Does this mean that 23 Guild Leaders were banned for organising this? No it means meaningless alt accounts who created alt guilds and they are now banned. 23 banned thats great. But 23 alt accounts and Main accounts still going is not good. This is what people are talking about.

8. Lingmao

9. Nekhii

[​IMG]

Vanraven and Myntiix like this.
  10. VilksCry

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608023456864272394/699932504789876756/IMG_20200415_134057.jpg

See this guy "silverwolf"? yeah dont be that guy

11. Ryu Blade

While i appreciate the bans and the partial silver removal, i honestly can't help but see something fishy. 23 bans and that's it? Really? All that much silver gained from the event and.. just 23 people were aware of this?

Are we 100% sure that this isn't just an action taken so that you can keep your streamers away from getting banned? Are we sure it's not just so that they can still continue to give BDO free advertisment on twitch?

Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  12. Kurylenko

It's good to see that this investigation has come to a conclusion, however the severity of the punishments are rather questionable.

23 accounts permanently banned for organising the exploitation of game mechanics is a reasonable punishment, however the Silver reduction (equal to the amount that was received from items through exploiting) imposed on those who participated is a very light punishment and is a simple "slap on the wrist".

An exploiter could have and most likely have converted their illicit gains into actual gear, such as:
    • Adding Caphras into their equipment
    • Enhancing accessories (and perhaps saving to sell and offset the Silver reduction punishment)
    The Silver reduction punishment should be at a higher ratio of what they received (e.g 200%) or this could easily be seen as a "rollback".

I am rather disappointed in this result and this further displaces my trust and faith in Kakao Games to properly punish those who cheat. This result sends a very clear message to the players of Black Desert Online EU/NA and that is: if you cheat, you'll probably get away with it.

Mana_Mafia and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Jamiehas

14. LilithDragonFlower

First, ---> Thank You, very much for taking the time to actually investigate the issue / exploit.

After listening to leaked Audio Recordings, and snapshots of leaked chats, I don't doubt there are absolutely some people who knew without a doubt that knew this was an actual exploit and organized this.

Second ---> Just as I thought, many players may not have had the idea that this was an actual exploit, or may have been confused about it just as I was due to it being an actaul in-game mechanic / per account flag, I am personally glad I wasn't part of any of those guilds which took advantage of this, though please know that if circumstances would have been any different due to how this exploit was put into the game, I could have unknowingly (Power Leveled) accounts, or actually took part in this if I had have been a member of one of the guilds actually doing this, (Though I am glad I wasn't).

Third ---> I am going to assume the players who were banned, will be those who.

- Leveled the exploiting characters knowingly or used (In Game Chat) and talked about it in game.
    - Are members from guilds who kicked the number of free trail accounts created.
    - Going to assume this was exploiters who made multiple accounts from the same IP address / Hardware ID.

Fourth --->
    This is equal to a ban might as well say because if a user actually goes negative, they may not have any way to earn the silver back to go positive again let alone repair their gear.

Perhaps the GM's might want to offer a honesty bargain for those who unknowingly took part in the exploit to be able to have all the items removed from the scrolls.

Also the Terms OF Use, clearly say that use of exploits can result in a roll-back on a players character, so i'd recommend doing this or offering players who are negative balance this option.

Fifth --->
    Thanks, the only thing I wish is that "GM's" were actually more active in Black Desert, perhaps hosting fun in-game events for the community, or being able to login to the game when such an exploit is taking place and immediately ask players to stop.

Back in the older days of gaming GM's used to actually be actively part of the community, and be able to respond faster to incidents like this, or exploits, or bugs that maybe taking place within the game.

I too support helping new players within the game, especially those who are new and absolutely have nothing.

If you all want to help new players, maybe it would be great to add some type of mentor system that can't be exploited thus rewards will be account bound, and more events to give away gear to the new players such as with the TRI boss gear recently.

And last, I don't personally feel the exploit damaged the economy, people are free to disagree, though I am aware it drove down prices on items I personally don't care, as it helps new players get items they need.

I'd say the biggest unfair thing from the exploit is all the people who got "Advice OF Valks" and got "TET / PEN" gear using exploited advice of valks which has (ZERO VALUE), and those who tried to gain a profit off of this selling exploited PEN's.

Thus is why a simple roll-back on such accounts, and reset them all to (Zero Silver) or even giving them that option would be great.

15. Trixstor

Is that 23 people each making = 171,294,221,739? lol what? or collectively there were a bunch. How about rewarding players that didnt even have opportunities to use the maps. I had 3 in my inventory and cant use them/ cant remove them now?

Reward everyone else for not cheating while punishing them? :P

16. Moai

so there is 382 unpunished exploiters , guess exploit early exploit often

Mana_Mafia, Phoenixxx75 and Jamiehas like this.
  17. Winterklinge

So....happy about the 23 that got perma banned, that is a good and fair punishment.

But wtf is the punishment for the others? They could and should have known that it was an exploit (cause same thing happened in kr) In kr they also got deleted all their gains but x3. Only losing the money you did make in the exploit is no punishment at all!
    The only thing they will have lost is a little time and nothing else. This solution will show every player that they will most likely not lose anything besides their gains from an exploit...nice lesson -.-

Mana_Mafia and u/chi like this.
  18. LilithDragonFlower

Well how are they going to repair their gear when they are negative billions, and no money to repair lol.

They might as well offer a honesty / roll-back program for them.

19. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

Character rollback for the rest of exploiters to the date 18.03 :)