1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitation of Afuaru's Guild Event

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Greetings Adventurers,

We want to establish a fair and competitive environment for all of our players, so whilst we try to keep the game continuously updated with rewarding and meaningful events, we’re sorry to see that some players took advantage of our Afuaru's Guild Event in a way that was clearly unintended and certainly not in the spirit of the event.

We understand that many of you feel very strongly about this and we share your concerns. We will be taking follow-up action shortly and will announce our decision in the most transparent way that we can soon.

Until then, play fairly and look after each other.

BDO Team

***UPDATE*** 3rd April

Many of you may have been expecting a resolution on the Afuaru case already and in truth, we also expected to have finalised this by now too. However, some aspects of it are not as straightforward as we initially assumed and we haven’t reached our final conclusion yet.

We understand that everyone is keen for us to conclude this as soon as possible, so we remain focused on ensuring that any actions we take are fair and accurate.

We do wish to reassure you that this is a high priority issue for us and we hope to update you fully soon.

#1 GM Rhotaaz, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Amarenda, Shokionine, Naura and 90 others like this.
  2. Lozy

Lozy Guardian 62 EU

Thanks for addressing the issue.

Naura, TucoRamires, Saranay and 9 others like this.
  3. BigGxy

Name and shame the players/guilds when action is taken please.

Censored by a moderator so edit: We all know what guilds appeared in the leaked footage and audio. But the mods are trying to silence accusations. So do your research, draw your conclusions, and rally for action.

#3 BigGxy, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  4. JustAWeeb

Just like how Lozy said, thank you for addressing the issue, I hope the people
    that exploited that will get what they deserve D:<

Saranay, Stabdis, Souda and 3 others like this.
  5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

INB4 they all come up with some excuse or justification on why they thought it was okay. Even though there are recorded comms of them literally joking about it the whole time and how its an exploit LOL

Thanks for taking action. They may be top players or top guilds.... but they aren't needed others will take their place.

Give them the KR punishment 30 day ban, then remove the silver gained and fine them 3x the silver removed that they have to pay back. Also dont forget to remove the valks they got....

6. Graugus

Well, I’m here to say as a mega whale (You can check my account spending for this year and last). If nothing is done in the harshes sense such as taking away all items gained and -30 billion silver deficit like you guys did in Korea, I’m walking away from the game. While I do not mind spending money on items within the game (I’m a real life Biohack) I will not spend money on a game that tolerates and supports cheating behavior. All I can say is choose wisely in your decision making.

#6 Graugus, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  7. rbrt22992

I hope you address the piloting next.

8. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Just ban every cheater OR like PA did, give them a -30B

9. Mimisuki

They should receive the same punishment, players in KR got.

10. Pistol Pete

jajaja cya exploiters

Mana_Mafia and Memojie like this.
  11. Toef

Thank you for addressing this issue and helping to keep the game fair.

12. TwitchStreamer

Can u also address the problem with piloting accounts? MANY and I mean many siege players exploit this. Account sharing is against ToS. These players have paid real life money to people on the other side of the world to grind on their account while they sleep. Money that isn't going to the Game to support servers or new content.

Mana_Mafia, Nyusha, Junktime and 9 others like this.
  13. Venour

Venour Archer 63 EU

Please keep in mind all the damage that has been done on Central Market with this abuse. Giving them negative Silver 3x the amount they gained by selling things so they cant mess with the central market until they paid off the damage theyve done times 3. Also yeah remove their valks and failstacks they got.

If they overprepared bufffood like cronmeals , elixirs in absurd amounts also consider deleting those from their inventory / bank / horse inv etc.

Mana_Mafia, Rosta, Stabdis and 5 others like this.
  14. u/chi

I am already seeing exploiters getting their "Punishments" of just -4bill/-20bill.... Etc

That is a slap on the wrist - (They are laughing at you and everyone) they already created 3x that amount of damage to the entire community by messing up the market or using it for gear.

Ban them for a month already and delete whatever items they purchased!

How can exploiters/cheaters respect admins who are only offering half-hearted punishments? Great example you set....

Guess exploiting is acceptable now if the consequence is just a week or so of grinding.... Pathetic.

Do better.

Datnigc, Camouflage and Myrikal like this.
  15. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Give them PA"s medicine.

16. Blitzball

The only punishment they deserve is a perma ban. Who cares about negative silvers if they can still play D:<

#16 Blitzball, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Datnigc, Stillwaters, Nyusha and 27 others like this.
  17. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 63

they haven't even said what they will do yet, Do you have any proof to what you are saying or you just trying to rile us up more?

sorry I read that wrong still waking up XD

18. Feqx

Thank you :)

19. u/chi

Np, but here's your proof eitherway. [​IMG]

Taken from public discord.

Rhadoo89, Altey and Myrikal like this.
  20. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Not sure if that's from a different service or somehow connected to an unrelated issue, but I can say that no sanctions have been made that relate to this issue yet.

Stillwaters, Saranay, Törni and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.